Blue response to scaling: "nah it's fine"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
08/27/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Hrødric
Dude it really is.
I am not even high enough and I am killing everything fast.
Stop complaining.
You're a Hunter, of course you are.
08/27/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Kugsneak
these guys are killin me

they just love saying 'you think you want that, but you really don't'

They have the data and the code.

They stayed silent for the longest time to make sure that it wasn't in fact broken as players were claiming so that they didn't just say "Well, you're wrong." only to have the truth hit them in the face a few days later. They checked the data, they checked the code, they got QA involved to make sure everything was working as intended and guess what?

It was working as intended.

You don't have to like it, no one is saying that. You can say that you feel it's broken as much as you want, but what you feel takes a back seat to the data and the code.
08/27/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Yummyumm
What a load of cr@p in this thread. So many people lying. Ive been out in the world A LOT. I havent seen ANY instance where "mobs are literally melting from me killing them so fast!" There is NO REASON it should take all but 1 second less to kill a mob at IL 330 or more than it did when you first hit 120. To all you people saying "its fine, im melting stuff!", you are part of the problem. You shouldn't have to hit IL 330 or more just to think you can survive while out doing the monotonous world quests.
Not to mention when a certain person said "they dont hit any harder, their health just went up", that is just as big a lie as "scaling is fine, we want it to be challenging EVERY SINGLE TIME you try to go out in to the world". They don't care if it's challenging, they just want it to take more time.

git gud and post on a actual character
these guys are killin me

NO, they are saying "we designed it this way for a reason and here it is".

YOU are saying "you think i want it this way but i don't" and "omg the world is ending".
Oh and for the record, my ilvl 307 rogue (who only got there doing world quests and maybe one dungeon at max level) kills things fine. Sure, some elites and rares are a bit challenging, but that's intended.
For what it's worth things do get better when you have gear from mythics. You finally start feeling like your character is getting stronger.
08/27/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Shamageddon
08/27/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Hrødric
Dude it really is.
I am not even high enough and I am killing everything fast.
Stop complaining.

I just hit 326 and mobs are falling over looking at them. OP, I don't know what to tell you. Suck it up or log until 8.4 and catch up gear is a thing.

How are you finding Enh compared to other dps?
08/27/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Carhagen
these guys are killin me

They have the data and the code.

They stayed silent for the longest time to make sure that it wasn't in fact broken as players were claiming so that they didn't just say "Well, you're wrong." only to have the truth hit them in the face a few days later. They checked the data, they checked the code, they got QA involved to make sure everything was working as intended and guess what?

Can you source that, like, at all? What proof do you have to anything you are trying to push as stone cold fact?

The fact is these are the same people that have tried to use "the data" to make all sorts of changes that didnt work out in the end. We are under no obligation to trust them or you.
08/27/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Talbervo
Can you source that, like, at all? What proof do you have to anything you are trying to push as stone cold fact?

Ion in the Q&A, maybe you should watch it.
It's a class balancing issue. Some classes are just pure garbage in solo content survivability compared to others.

A hunter and a boomkin tells you everything is fine? Yeah, good for them. My boomkin can take down an entire quest in one pull while my WW monk gets torn to shreds by 3+ mobs if Touch of Karma is on CD.
This guy is a little over 300 ilvl and I can even solo some of the elite blue world quests.
08/27/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Cantaloupe
It's a class balancing issue. Some classes are just pure garbage in solo content survivability compared to others.

A hunter and a boomkin tells you everything is fine? Yeah, good for them. My boomkin can take down an entire quest in one pull while my WW monk gets torn to shreds by 3+ mobs if Touch of Karma is on CD.

Have to agree so much on this, my 304 ilvl paladin can take 7-10 mobs just fine while when my monk had similar issues.
08/27/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Lichee
08/27/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Shamageddon

I just hit 326 and mobs are falling over looking at them. OP, I don't know what to tell you. Suck it up or log until 8.4 and catch up gear is a thing.

How are you finding Enh compared to other dps?

It's about 500 to 1k down on DPS, but I'm having fun playing it. This is my first expansion having a Shaman main.
I see these threads and I wonder if the people making them forgot Legion, and DH twinks running instances 'exploiting' scaling. This isn't something new. Where have you been? This is the second expansion with scaling. Not sure why people are acting like this is new thing.
I understand the concern about wanting to feel yourself get stronger but you still actually do have the ability to feel stronger, the world just feels a little relevant for a little longer while you're doing it and I think it achieves that. On my main I've already far outpaced it and at 341 I feel like a god again. I can pull a large number of mobs and easily handle them all and churn through WQs pretty quickly.

I even leveled an alt up and geared it this weekend up to almost 320 ilvl and it felt just as fine as it did the first time. When I hit 120 I noticed the mobs were a little stronger and I was having to be a little more careful but not by much and that didn't last long at all.

If you're finding mobs that do individually feel strange you should bug report them so the team can look into it but the system as a whole is working fine at least from my experience.
This is what happens when people could press one button to get to max level, then press 1 button in LFR to get loot. They become like people in the OP.

Use your Cooldowns. use your defensives.

Blizzard is done babying the playerbase in this aspect.

Git gud.
I understand the concern about wanting to feel yourself get stronger but you still actually do, the world just feels a little relevant for a little longer and I think it achieves that. On my main I've already far outpaced it and at 341 I feel like a god again. I can pull a large number of mobs and easily handle them all and churn through WQs pretty quickly.

I even leveled an alt up and geared it this weekend up to almost 320 ilvl and it felt just as fine as it did the first time. When I hit 120 I noticed the mobs were a little stronger and I was having to be a little more careful but not by much and that didn't last long at all.

If you're finding mobs that do individually feel strange you should bug report them so the team can look into it but the system as a whole is working fine at least from my experience.

If anything, I hope these discussions make you guys on the dev/design side say, in response to the bold up top: "We feel it, but the players don't. Perhaps we aren't interpreting the experience the same."

I'm glad your experience is good, but I hope you take, in good faith, that many others' experiences are not.
Why don't the rewards for things such as WQ scale with the difficulty of the mobs?

Example. I do a World Quest at 330 item level, it rewards 40 War Resources.

Then, I come back at 440 item level, fighting through harder mobs that do more damage and have more health, and it STILL rewards 40 War Resources...

Where the mobs have grown in power, and become more difficult due to scaling, why do we not get 60 War Resources from these quests?

It is so stupid. Don't just make the Equipment scale (which it's already obsolete at my paltry 340 item level, I don't need 320 or 325), make ALL THE REWARDS scale.
Willing to bet most of the complainers keyboard turn & click
08/27/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Ythisens

To piggyback on your post: I've noticed melee specs can handle open world NPCs better. This is mostly due to the damaging toolkit having no cast times (just a GCD, but oh well).

Casters do have it worse than melee. But if you're playing a bursty spec, you'll see much more success. If casters had more AOE Kiting capabilities, casters would be far superior due to their ability to ignore most damage outright, rather than "kill it before it kills you" a melee spec must endure.

I've leveled a warlock and death knight. Warlock is at 344+ and my DK is sitting 330+. Burst is king. Burst will always be king in normal questing.