Blue response to scaling: "nah it's fine"

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
How does it "relevant longer" if you don't want to do it quicker? besides reputation I'm only ilvl 323 and there are few WQ I even spend time doing already. I'm not playing the game for chores.
Either mages are broken, or you all aren't playing the same game I am...

I am at like 280 ilvl, and things may be slightly harder but I am having no issues with content, and I am enjoying the game very much.

Even with my terrible haste.... still doing just fine and having fun. I am also a much more casual player with not as much time to play anymore... and guess what? Still fun and doing the content just fine.

Bunch of over exaggerating babies anymore on this forum acting like the sky is falling. Its 3 weeks into an expansion people you aren't going to be gods yet.
08/27/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Ythisens
On my main I've already far outpaced it and at 341 I feel like a god again.

This feels pretty tone deaf. Didn't you respond to a post yesterday of a player afraid to even step into M0? What percentage of players are 340+? How many hours/luck did it take you to hit that ilvl?

So basically the game should suck until you clear all M0 multiple times?

This toon is 298 and it feels awful to WQ. Couple that with harder grouping and WQ gear not scaling properly (still getting ilvl 295 rewards, in fact majority of items, despite being 298).

Whatever happened to just tougher areas (isle of thunder, timeless isle, apexis areas, argus, etc.)?

Does the whole world need to be a colossal pain?

Or are we just trying to milk MAUs? Got it.

QFT. I think it pretty insensitive of a blue poster to wade in here and essentially say, "I've got my gear, so I'm fine. Too bad for you."
08/28/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Phumbles
08/28/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Hadafhang
The only debatable point in all this is the "magical ilevel" where scaling is no longer an issue.

Every ilvl above the one you reach 120 at.

That is demonstrably false.

I could solo elites from 110-119. In fact I sought them out whenever I saw the "star" on my map.

I hit 120 in the exact same gear as I was in at 119 and I couldn't get one elite past 75% health before I died or hauled @$$ outta there.

I know elites are not the best example but it shows that I had a MAJOR power drop GAINING a level in the SAME gear I had just one level before.

Quest mobs are another story. From 280-299 I had to watch every pull on top of having to eat after each encounter. If I got 2 I absolutely had to eat after each pull. 3+ and I was definitely going to die.

There is a fundamental problem here when Blizz is saying you need to get mythic 5man gear to out gear QUEST content. If you can't see that then I don't know what to say.
08/28/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Rosyena
Ummm. I have seen 0 issues with scaling. What is wrong with people?

Lol you are at 115. Wait a bit when your blueberry it felguard suddenly become paper thin and your blowing all your CDs just to barely stay alive. You spend more time healing your demon then fighting . Better get used to having your lifestone on you all the time as well.

Look even the blues admitted that people are having issues but Thier answer is " run more mythics"
08/28/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Tigolebitz

I am at like 280 ilvl, and things may be slightly harder but I am having no issues with content, and I am enjoying the game very much.

Even with my terrible haste.... still doing just fine and having fun. I am also a much more casual player with not as much time to play anymore... and guess what? Still fun and doing the content just fine.

Bunch of over exaggerating babies anymore on this forum acting like the sky is falling. Its 3 weeks into an expansion people you aren't going to be gods yet.

There's...36?...40?...specs in the game? Some are drastically outperforming others.

That doesn't mean it's working as intended if some classes don't feel the hurt while others feel it the second they hit 120...
I understand the concern about wanting to feel yourself get stronger but you still actually do have the ability to feel stronger, the world just feels a little relevant for a little longer while you're doing it and I think it achieves that. On my main I've already far outpaced it and at 341 I feel like a god again. I can pull a large number of mobs and easily handle them all and churn through WQs pretty quickly.

I even leveled an alt up and geared it this weekend up to almost 320 ilvl and it felt just as fine as it did the first time. When I hit 120 I noticed the mobs were a little stronger and I was having to be a little more careful but not by much and that didn't last long at all.

If you're finding mobs that do individually feel strange you should bug report them so the team can look into it but the system as a whole is working fine at least from my experience.

336 ilvl here and I just died to 4 mobs yesterday... though to be fair, that's probably less of a universal issue and more: "Shadow Priests are awful" issue.

Regardless, your experience may vary spec by spec.
The ox says that

“It’s always been there, but we haven’t noticed it before...”

The reason is the combination of the stat/ilvl squish and the wide gap in ilvl in the new content between questing and raid gear.... it borks the curve.

This is amplified by the intent to keep world mobs from being 1shot in raid gear.

My best guess based on the info available anyway...
08/27/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Sphinctus
This is what happens when people could press one button to get to max level, then press 1 button in LFR to get loot. They become like people in the OP.

It was the same situation cata heroics faced when by the end of wrath so many people were facerolling dungeons that having to go back to using CC and interrupts felt very jarring. Hell you even saw it in many of the ICC 5 mans with people refusing to do mechanics or follow directions. I think another large part of it is you have two camps of people; one who things all base content should be faceroll, and another group who believes that all levels should have designed difficulty.
08/28/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Hadafhang
08/28/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Tigolebitz

There's...36?...40?...specs in the game? Some are drastically outperforming others.

That doesn't mean it's working as intended if some classes don't feel the hurt while others feel it the second they hit 120...

Kind of sounds like... Oh, I dont know.. How that game has always been? Some specs out perform others. Some specs are just flat out better. I don't roll Sub and expect to take on 10 mobs like they're nothing, especially so early on into th expansion.

Again, sounds like a learn to play issue.
For those complaining, try a Shadow Priest. Try pulling more than 2 mobs...talk about squishy. I just hit 323 so things are getting a little better. The far worse problem is the dps. I stay around 4k in dungeons while watching everyone else at 6k plus.
I understand the concern about wanting to feel yourself get stronger but you still actually do have the ability to feel stronger, the world just feels a little relevant for a little longer while you're doing it and I think it achieves that. On my main I've already far outpaced it and at 341 I feel like a god again. I can pull a large number of mobs and easily handle them all and churn through WQs pretty quickly.

I even leveled an alt up and geared it this weekend up to almost 320 ilvl and it felt just as fine as it did the first time. When I hit 120 I noticed the mobs were a little stronger and I was having to be a little more careful but not by much and that didn't last long at all.

If you're finding mobs that do individually feel strange you should bug report them so the team can look into it but the system as a whole is working fine at least from my experience.

What classes are you playing? I think this makes a big difference on the scaling. Have you considered that some classes are affect more by this?
08/28/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Rosyena
Ummm. I have seen 0 issues with scaling. What is wrong with people?
You are level 115, just wait
It was the same situation cata heroics faced when by the end of wrath so many people were facerolling dungeons that having to go back to using CC and interrupts felt very jarring.

The problem was you needed to bring 3 DPS that also had CC that lasted longer than 10 seconds. There were STILL classes back then that DIDN'T have that kind of CC.

But it was most frustrating watching people just AOE when you, as the tank, specifically set up CC marks and they just "googogogogogoggogoogogogogo"...

Hell you even saw it in many of the ICC 5 mans with people refusing to do mechanics or follow directions.

What do you mean we have to hide in this corner to get ranged mobs to attack us?? If I can't see them...how can I dps them. I'll stand out here and do my jobs and dps...!@#$ you stooped tank!!! I don't miss those days all that much.

I think another large part of it is you have two camps of people; one who things all base content should be faceroll, and another group who believes that all levels should have designed difficulty.

Except until half way through Legion was this a thing. For nearly a DECADE this game played where eventually you could out LEVEL a zone let alone out gear it. You can't out level a zone now but you certainly can out gear them. I just think that bar for ilevel is too high. You shouldn't need mythic 5man gear to out gear NORMAL quest content. WQs are another story as they yield better gear.
08/28/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Garuurak
What classes are you playing? I think this makes a big difference on the scaling. Have you considered that some classes are affect more by this?

To be fair a lot of classes aren't finished (because 'its ready when its ready' is apparently old thinking). That's more an issue with class design, or lack thereof, then scaling.
08/28/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Flutterdash
But loot drop rates aren't abysmal?

Tell that to the 4 mythic dungeons I did in a row without a single thing dropping. Maybe you've got some good luck but for a good majority of people it seems like it's extremely low, especially weapons.

Kind of sounds like... Oh, I dont know.. How that game has always been? Some specs out perform others. Some specs are just flat out better. I don't roll Sub and expect to take on 10 mobs like they're nothing, especially so early on into th expansion.

Again, sounds like a learn to play issue.

Yes. Hitting 120 in the EXACT same gear I was wearing at 119 and dying to 3 quest mobs that I would otherwise smash through at 119 is totally a git gud situation.

Totally.
On my main I've already far outpaced it and at 341 I feel like a god again. I can pull a large number of mobs and easily handle them all and churn through WQs pretty quickly.

Maybe on a class with a lot of chunky, hard hits, but on something with any sort of ramp-up and/or cast times, it feels terribly slow. Frost DK can just obliterate or frost strike a couple times and be done with it, but a DK playing unholy has to get their disease out, gets wounds on the target, make sure the pet isn't being stupid, and only then can it start getting up to its damage potential. To make matters worse, specs with a lot of DPS CD's rather than just having one big CD have a lot of their damage potential front-loaded onto those CD's, meaning that they're probably only doing 75% of their potential with their core rotation, while a less CD-reliant spec will be doing 80-90%.

The question that is next asked is why does a few seconds extra on a mob matter? Why not just switch specs then?

The answer I have for that is that, like the small rep gain from contracts, those few seconds add up. Quickly. What could be an easy walk in the park to finish the storyline necessary to unlock Siege of Boralus, turns into a slow and frustratingly repetitive process of having to do so much for so little. There is also the fundamental problem in the fact that they are quest mobs, the majority of them not even tied to world quests, so why should they scale? Why should questing remain steady at such a pace at 337 ilvl as it was at 330, when the most you get out of it is 289 ilvl gear?

If it weren't for the dungeon gated behind completing the main quests of all three zones, then there would be absolutely no reason to even want to do it. For aforementioned specs with high ramp-up or long cast times, it will not get much better until normal, perhaps even heroic, gearing. The obvious answer is to just switch specs, but now we're in back into an expansion with the oh-so-lovely weapon drops. You may have gotten gear handed luckily to you on a silver platter to be at 341, but a lot of us are still sitting around 335, some even 330, simply due to the nature of dungeon loot just not dropping. It really hurts for melee to be stuck with a world quest weapon, especially when 3 out of 6 two handed strength weapons are in gated dungeons, meaning there's only three chances a week to get a 340 weapon.

To make matters even worse, if anyone has yet to, take a look at the loot distribution of the dungeons and uldir, and you can see just how out-of-whack it is as far as weapons, rings, and trinkets go. Some dungeons just aren't even worth doing for some classes because they don't drop anything outside of armor pieces that can probably be received elsewhere. 2h str weapon users are basically told to go screw ourselves because of the aforementioned distribution of 2handers, in addition to uldir having only two: one at the first boss, and one at the 2nd-to-last boss. Fury warriors especially have it hard, but I'm getting off-topic here.

Back to the main point, simply rerolling another spec for questing, especially when that spec is now locked to a specific weapon class, is not always an option. I can't speak for others, but it feels I'm gimped when it comes to world content simply because I chose to play unholy. In summary, the inherent differences between specs makes scaling, ironically, unfair despite its intentions to provide a fair multiplayer questing experience.
I’m ilvl 303.

Everything (dailies) are a slog, unless I blow my two/three minute cooldowns, and that gives me ten seconds of killing at normal speed.

It doesn’t feel as enjoyable to play, plus I’m unmotivated because I’m grinding reps for races I don’t even want to play.

When are the cool allied races going to be announced? I think I’ll quit until then.

I'm so damn bored over here.