Blue response to scaling: "nah it's fine"

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
08/27/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Ythisens
I understand the concern about wanting to feel yourself get stronger but you still actually do, the world just feels a little relevant for a little longer and I think it achieves that. On my main I've already far outpaced it and at 341 I feel like a god again. I can pull a large number of mobs and easily handle them all and churn through WQs pretty quickly.

I even leveled an alt up and geared it this weekend up to almost 320 ilvl and it felt just as fine as it did the first time. When I hit 120 I noticed the mobs were a little stronger and I was having to be a little more careful but not by much and that didn't last long at all.

If you're finding mobs that do individually feel strange you should bug report them so the team can look into it but the system as a whole is working fine at least from my experience.

this was never an issue in older expansions.

people leveled to max level, and had fun when they got gear and stomped everything in the older content. that's what an mmo is, you get strong and go back and have fun lording over all the stupid crap you had to fight before.
When I hit 120 I noticed the mobs were a little stronger and I was having to be a little more careful but not by much and that didn't last long at all.

It lasted a little while for me. I could not pull more than 2 mobs at a time. They would hit me for 1/20th of my HP with their autoattacks, and yes I calculated that. Understandably 1/20 doesn't sound like much, but their attacks are somewhere between 1-2 seconds, and it takes a decent amount of time to kill them, about 15 seconds I want to say.
I was below half after every pull unless I kited, but you don't want to kite in an open world very much.

Granted this was at first. Now they're much easier to deal with, but when you first hit 120, I didn't feel accomplished when mobs suddenly started hitting me a lot more.
08/27/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Cantaloupe
It's a class balancing issue. Some classes are just pure garbage in solo content survivability compared to others.

A hunter and a boomkin tells you everything is fine? Yeah, good for them. My boomkin can take down an entire quest in one pull while my WW monk gets torn to shreds by 3+ mobs if Touch of Karma is on CD.

this is one issue. some classes are more survivable.

Other issue is to me it seems like lots of mobs have knockback. You can try to avoid pulling too much, get knockbacked and well there goes that plan.

This intensifies class disparity. On VDH its a pita, but tolerable. VDH can take some hits as your plan for 2 mobs is now actually 4. Just more to grind down...

The better gear part...I saw small issues in 117-120 on the VDH. good tank helped deal with it. But there is no getting better gear, still in quest mode to get the 120 to unlock access to them. AH not really an option if not looking to waste gold.

I saw say war glaives on sale, saw the 120's and said yeah, suffer. Why buy a 118 glaive I will use for 2 levels. If rng hates you get better gear not happening. Especially in questing, its the gear you dump ASAP. Nice if 120 in your WQ/dungeon cycles. Not so nice if sub 120 however.

You just grin and bear it here. still does not make the fact you pushed a zone to its end to start new zone and the trash is strong. Some are thinking lets have new zone start out easy at least.
I understand the concern about wanting to feel yourself get stronger but you still actually do, the world just feels a little relevant for a little longer and I think it achieves that. On my main I've already far outpaced it and at 341 I feel like a god again. I can pull a large number of mobs and easily handle them all and churn through WQs pretty quickly.

I even leveled an alt up and geared it this weekend up to almost 320 ilvl and it felt just as fine as it did the first time. When I hit 120 I noticed the mobs were a little stronger and I was having to be a little more careful but not by much and that didn't last long at all.

If you're finding mobs that do individually feel strange you should bug report them so the team can look into it but the system as a whole is working fine at least from my experience.

If more than like 2 npcs I can not 1 show with Aimed shot attack me, I'll 80% of the time die, how is this ok?
08/27/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Sphinctus
08/27/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Isilynor
Willing to bet most of the complainers keyboard turn & click

absolute 10000% fact. They probably have never researched a rotation, do not use cooldowns, do not use defensives ect.

But this is just the result of new players being able to level from 1 to max pressing 1-3 buttons up until the leveling scaling changes. Now new players will learn to use their entire toolkit.

The result however is that the remaining long term players who have spent the entirety of their wow time not caring about improving their play, suddenly are freaking out when they cant just press one button anymore.

Be better. This is a non-issue. If you think it's an issue, you're objectively wrong.

Since you and others are essentially saying anyone that's complaining sucks at the game

I play priest and have a issue pulling multiple mobs at my current ilvl as shadow. Guess I just suck then.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/703762?zone=17&mode=detailed#metric=dps
Oh, shut up. You all are just terrible at this casual game.

My experiences from reading the forums and seeing people perform in-game are two different worlds.

And stop equipping lower level items because they have better secondary stats. We're at the beginning of the expansion where item level is the king, regardless of secondaries.

Seriously, at least read icy-veins class discords. Educate yourself.

I bet there would be less of theses scaling threads if you guys didn’t disable auto join functions for WQ addons
08/27/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Liari
I haven't reached 120 yet, but my main is currently at 116 and soon to be 117. I haven't noticed any difference at all. She is a Fury Warrior.

Not having problems. People are saying that after 115 it becomes more difficult. But so far I have not run into that. It's the same as it was in the beginning.

That’s when diminishing haste values really hit my fury warrior. Fortunately, Fury is a little better than some specs because you can then weave in Whirlwinds during cooldowns. My DK started having regular periods of waiting around 117.
08/27/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Etch
Oh, shut up. You all are just terrible at this casual game.

My experiences from reading the forums and seeing people perform in-game are two different worlds.

And stop equipping lower level items because they have better stats. We're at the beginning of the expansion where item level is the king, regardless of secondaries.

Seriously, at least read icy-veins class discords. Educate yourself.

Says a character that can't get past level 80.

Or did you freeze your level because you liked WOTLK content? In that case, you didn't even experience Legion content enough to know.
08/27/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Ryukden
Not every class/spec has been reworked yet and there are definitely some out there that are struggling. There's no comparison between the teeth pulling experience my shaman had vs the super easy time my hunter has doing the same content with much lower ilvl. Simply put 'YMMV'

So is this an issue about scaling or class balance? Because you guys seem to be chewing the devs out about the former.
08/27/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Tuckered

If anything, I hope these discussions make you guys on the dev/design side say, in response to the bold up top: "We feel it, but the players don't. Perhaps we aren't interpreting the experience the same."

I'm glad your experience is good, but I hope you take, in good faith, that many others' experiences are not.

He isn't on the dev/design team. He is providing his feedback as a player.

And FWIW my experiences are similar. At 330 I finding it much easier in the open world than at 305.
08/27/2018 04:07 PMPosted by What
Says a character that can't get past level 80.

Or did you freeze your level because you liked WOTLK content? In that case, you didn't even experience Legion content enough to know.

Oh, it's one of those people. Translation: "I have nothing to counter, so I'll say what I can see in front of my eyes".
08/27/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Etch
Oh, it's one of those people. Translation: "I have nothing to counter, so I'll say what I can see in front of my eyes".

...so you don't have anything above level 80 then?

I mean you can tell people to "Git Gud" but what kind of replies do you expect?
"Oh yes that is a very good idea. I NEVER thought of that."?

I felt weaker than I was at 116 from the moment I hit 117 until I hit ~315 ilvl, and even then I didn't feel stong. I just felt less weak. You may think it's "fine" that I had to spend time gearing up after I hit max level to reach the same point I was at at 116 but I found it incredibly demoralizing. Progressing shouldn't make you feel weaker. If you wanted to stretch out content, you should've slowed the rate of progression, not lowballed us with scaling.

That's because you're a ret paladin, to be fair. Melee specs (except feral R.I.P.) shred through world content like it's nothing.

The spriests of the world don't appreciate the gloating.
No one bringing up the real issue, where 100ms feels like 400ms in non warmode and mobs kill you while everythings lagging.
And going to warmode as alliance has always proved half depressing at times.
08/27/2018 04:13 PMPosted by What
...so you don't have anything above level 80 then?

I mean you can tell people to "Git Gud" but what kind of replies do you expect?
"Oh yes that is a very good idea. I NEVER thought of that."?

Keep banging on the side of the tub.

Since you and others are essentially saying anyone that's complaining sucks at the game

I play priest and have a issue pulling multiple mobs at my current ilvl as shadow. Guess I just suck then.

I think you're just bad cause I also play a priest. Nice raid parses though.

Everything you said applied for me as well. Even in LEGION!

It's a normal transition as you level up until you get a higher ilevel....

Plus, its a joyful challange.

You should take a break and get some fresh air!

I'm working on getting my ilvl up. Finally got through my first heroic today (and would have completed a 2nd if I hadn't had to leave for work). Hopefully I'm able to get to a decent ilvl before the first raid.