Loremaster Finally :O

General Discussion
It started late last year when I got Draenor and Legion flying. I had finished Westfall, Borean Tundra and Storm Peaks back in 2009.

All in all it took 4 alts:

Pre-7.3.5:

Hunter: Eversong Woods - Ghostlands - Stonetalon Mountains - Desolace - Thousand Needles - Searing Gorge - Swamp of Sorrows - Blasted Lands - Hellfire Peninsula - Nagrand - Howling Fjord - Grizzly Hills - Vashj'ir - Jade Forest

This one requires a bit more planning as zone level didn't scale back then. I later leveled her to 110 to see the horde side of Draenor/Legion for the first time.

Post-7.3.5:

Shaman: Redridge Mountains - Feralas - Burning Steppes - Winterspring - Tanaris - Un'Goro Crater - Silithus - Terokkar Forest - Zul'Drak - Netherstorm - Valley of Four Winds - Kun-Lai Summit - Townlong Steppes

Paladin: Kharanos - Loch Modan - Bloodmyst Isle - Wetlands - Arathi Highlands - Dustwallow Marsh - Darkshore - Ashenvale - Zangarmarsh - Sholazar Basin - Icecrown - Krasarang Wilds - Uldum - Twilight Highlands

Rogue: Duskwood - Southern Barrens - Hinterlands - Northern Stranglethorn - Cape of Stranglethorn - Western Plaguelands - Eastern Plaguelands - Badlands - Felwood - Dragonblight - Blade's Edge Mountains - Shadowmoon Valley - Mount Hyjal - Deepholm - Dread Wastes

These 3 toons are now lv 92, ready to fly on Draenor for treasures till lv 98, then start legion invasions.

I also create a horde toon to experience the horde-exclusive maps, even though they do not contribute to Loremaster directly:

Warrior - Tirisfal Glades - Silverpine Forest - Hillsbrad Foothills - Azshara* - Northern Barrens* (last two not done yet)

------------------------------------------

I used the addon "MoveAnything" to enlarge the quest font to 1.7x so my aging eyes can read the stories properly and take everything nice and slow. A lot of quest chains were great reads on their own. It's a long journey for sure, but it feels quite nice to know what was really going on, in each and every part of the world (of warcraft).

I also received a lot of help along the way and enjoyed helping others as well. This really brought the social aspect back to the game, which was a pleasant surprise. On quite a few maps I had lengthy sessions with friendly strangers, some even stayed with me from start to finish. In particular, Shadowmoon and Icecrown would've been almost impossible to level solo while going for loremaster.

I really wanna thank players and NPCs who crossed my path during my lengthy loremaster adventure, Blizzard for creating this amazing universe, and you for reading this wall of text above. Have fun adventuring in Azeroth everyone!
Grats OP! One of the best titles :D
Grats! I remember doing Loremaster back before they changed the requirements. I wonder how much harder it is now.
Congrats. I need to get around to doing it some time.
Congratulations! You've done well, young Loremaster. :)
Awesome lol. Gratz
08/09/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Merciless
Grats! I remember doing Loremaster back before they changed the requirements. I wonder how much harder it is now.

I did it back then as well, and I think again since, across my characters. It's a LOT easier now. All you have to do is the main quest chains in every zone, akin to how Draenor and Legion Loremasters worked. No having to chase down that one rare mob in the Barrens who drops a quest starter item to move the counter by one. >_<
Congrats.

I remember doing Loremaster back before they changed the requirements. I wonder how much harder it is now.

It is a lot easier now with everything broken up into zones and you don't need to search for that last quest across an entire continent.
I only have three Outland zones left but I don’t hate myself enough to do them just for the title. I got about half way through one of them while I leveled this character and left because it was agonizing.

I admire your patience.
08/09/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Piaggia

I did it back then as well, and I think again since, across my characters. It's a LOT easier now. All you have to do is the main quest chains in every zone, akin to how Draenor and Legion Loremasters worked. No having to chase down that one rare mob in the Barrens who drops a quest starter item to move the counter by one. >_<

Ya I agree. When doing Nagrand (Outland) loremaster on my hunter I had to wowhead quite a few times.

That being said, I don't dislike the new system. The old system feels more achievement-y, as often times you need to actually put in the work, while the new system is like reading a storybook, with the achievement being a nice bonus.
Grats!
I got it a few days ago.
Congrats!
Congrats, I am working on this now!
Congrats. This buds for you.
Wow, grats. I'm very slowly working towards this, rofl.
Still working on mine. I've got Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria left (I know, half the game, lol).
Gratz :)
You accomplished my WoW dream. I play the game the exact same as you! Move anything and all!

I did it twice, it is actually much easier now. You don't have those quest chains that fill up your quest log and send you back and forth between continents so you are never sure if it counts for Kalimdore or for EK and you aren't blindly running around trying to figure out which quest you missed and finding out where it was. Now the quests are pretty much confined to the zones they count in rather than for the entire continent (or sometime the other continent) And no more trying to keep from filling up your quest log combining quests to borrow a camera in Darnasis for a goblin in Tanaris to take a picture of Gamarita in the Hinterlands, while remembering to get the wine bottles for the guy in Booty Bay and getting the the Zul Farrak hammer blessed at Jintha'alor and getting the philactory in Anderhal while you are there so the goblin in Gadgetzhan can make the key for the box in Ungoro while remembering to scare Ume's friends in Gadgetzhan and Ungoro with her mechanical Yeti AAAGGGHHHH
08/09/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Beefalø
You accomplished my WoW dream. I play the game the exact same as you! Move anything and all!

Nice to meet you, my fellow big-font player! I actually had to take a short break when MoveAnything wasn’t updated for 8.0, as I suddenly couldn’t read anything :D