garbage pvp

War Mode and World PvP
08/18/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Nosativa
Somebody who is completely mythic geared should absolutley be able to steamroll the !@#$ out of lower leveled players. The whole %^-*ing point of getting higher ilvl and gear is to get stronger. Makes zero !@#$ing sense for someone super undergeared and lower level to be able to kill you. This scaling is completely %^-*ed and feels like !@#$%^- communist china catering to all these noobs.

While I understand this argument, Its not exactly fun for the other player to get camped by a higher geared player, just because you had more free time or got luck on drops.

My main has done several dungeons now and only got 1 piece of gear so far, so should I be a easy kill as I was unlucky.

As for levels, within 5 to 10 levels should not be a steam roll fight at this point IMO. As for farther back, the 30s, 50s and 60s.... its this way as high level players abusing them is what drove most newer people away from PVP.

Finally, in the end PVP and WPVP?Warmode have 2 issues that ultimately will lead to their downfall if that should happen.

1. Class/Build balance issues. This is always a ongoing issue, and will never be 100% fixed as players often seek ways to exploit their characters for more advantage. Leading to combos and things that the Devs did not intend.

Class balance should be a scale of 1 to 9 IMO, although one could argue to 10 but that is not a balanced scale. No Class/Build should sit in the 1 to 3 window, and no class should exist in the 7 to 9 window. IF all class/Builds fit in the 4 to 6 window you would have relative balance. However, how to measure that is a issue.

2. The Community. Yes I view wows community as one of its greatest enemies. I have played off and on sense Vanilla WOW at launch and always on a PVP server. In Vanilla most of the world PVP wasn't that bad IMO. Sure at launch the Rogue Scaling issues caused problems but as time passed that was less of a reward and more of a penalty for them.

However, now whenever I get in Warmode, where I have spent all of my time on my main so far. Its always a 3+ vs. 1 in open world PVP. The other day I took a Destro Warlock out in 1 vs. 1 twice, and he started both fights. However my reward for this was him coming back with 4 friends and corpse camping me for 30+ minutes.

This is what kills PVP, this is what drives people away from it. The people who can't accept that they will lose sometimes. So they have to group up and gank, or bully people who have no chance of victory in those odds.

Finally to the OP, as for the 10 NPCs, stop attacking people in quest nodes and bases/towns/cities and this won't happen. Most of my WPVP is out in the world, I have yet to get attacked in a base by the apposing faction. You need to pick your battles better.
08/18/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Xadie
08/18/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Nestick
Can you show me this “geared 120”? Curious... also lvl doesn’t mean anything whe. Power scales up/down... sad you can’t step on low lvls any more?

Honestly... was it a 1v1 or did you get jumped by a few ppl lower lvl than you? And if so I wonder what did you do...

This is a perfect example of how bad scaling is at the moment.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudPiercingEggOhMyDog

Venruki is a multi R1 player and mythic raider for Method, one of the top Raiding guilds in the world who had BIS gear during Legion but he decided to lvl up and get ready for the upcoming raid Uldir.

He is lvl120 with an item level 331 at the time and he loses to a 116 Druid, your thoughts on this?

That 'lowly' 116 druid player is a pro pvp player, no wonder that Method guy got his !@# handed lol !

Edit: 'pro pvp player' = solo pvp (true pvp - aka : not a team pvp rating which means nada in a real 1 vs 1). Back in my days of pvp (prior to resilience bs and Arena), I was taking down Naxx geared players with my blueish gear I'd have from BGs. Now that scaling stuff is an issue, not just for pvp, but for the entire content as it slows down everything.
Good post, Scharazade. One question/comment:

08/18/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Schahrazade
However, now whenever I get in Warmode, where I have spent all of my time on my main so far. Its always a 3+ vs. 1 in open world PVP. The other day I took a Destro Warlock out in 1 vs. 1 twice, and he started both fights. However my reward for this was him coming back with 4 friends and corpse camping me for 30+ minutes.

"He" your destro lock started both fights, or "he" the other player started both fights? If you started the fights, you shouldn't complain about being camped back; part of world PVP is deciding when you shouldn't bother killing someone even if you can. If the other guy tried to gank you, failed, and came back with a group, yes, that's pretty lame.

This is what kills PVP, this is what drives people away from it. The people who can't accept that they will lose sometimes. So they have to group up and gank, or bully people who have no chance of victory in those odds.

Very true.
08/18/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Nestick
Can you show me this “geared 120”? Curious... also lvl doesn’t mean anything whe. Power scales up/down... sad you can’t step on low lvls any more?

Honestly... was it a 1v1 or did you get jumped by a few ppl lower lvl than you? And if so I wonder what did you do...

This is a perfect example of how bad scaling is at the moment.

Venruki is a multi R1 player and mythic raider for Method, one of the top Raiding guilds in the world who had BIS gear during Legion but he decided to lvl up and get ready for the upcoming raid Uldir.

He is lvl120 with an item level 331 at the time and he loses to a 116 Druid, your thoughts on this?

The video starts off with him saying he isn't even using any azerite traits.
08/18/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Tinamary

I know right? I personally have dismissed that as out of context because it just seems too weird someone with that exp would be unable to right click gear slots... He had to have been talking about something else right? Otherwise he deserved to lose rofl.

My thoughts? This is a perfect example of how people who are used to using their mythic raiding gear to walk over others don't have the skills for world PVP.

First off, he's on a mage, which is one of the weaker classes for PVP right now. Then he makes three key mistakes:

1. Number one, he enters the fight having blown his cooldowns fighting an NPC, putting himself at a disadvantage. The druid enters the fight on the druid's terms.

2. Number two, he doesn't run away. When somebody jumps you, they're expecting to win, and since it's their specialty, they're probably right. If at all possible, you should try to get away so you can regain your cooldowns and reset the fight. Then if you want to, go back in and fight on your own terms. He acts like he's in an arena instead of doing real PVP.

3. Number three, he ice blocks, giving the druid a chance to heal back to full from 40% with little benefit to himself. This might make sense in arenas or PVE, but is idiotic in 1v1 world PVP against a healing class. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Against a lower level, you might be able to make one stupid mistake and still win. If you're going to keep making stupid mistakes, you should expect to lose against anyone.
08/18/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Cornstalker
08/18/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Tinamary

I know right? I personally have dismissed that as out of context because it just seems too weird someone with that exp would be unable to right click gear slots... He had to have been talking about something else right? Otherwise he deserved to lose rofl.

Rewatched it. Someone in chat asks him about his azerite pieces and he responds he isn't using any azerite traits. I don't mage but I didn't notice him use silence or spell steal, maybe I missed it. Also the druid had around 25 percent hp when he died. It seems like he could of played a bit better by using all his spells and using his azerite traits.
08/18/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Tinamary
Rewatched it. Someone in chat asks him about his azerite pieces and he responds he isn't using any azerite traits. I don't mage but I didn't notice him use silence or spell steal, maybe I missed it. Also the druid had around 25 percent hp when he died. It seems like he could of played a bit better by using all his spells and using his azerite traits.

Prob just assumed he'd wreck him.
08/18/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Yarrow

My thoughts? This is a perfect example of how people who are used to using their mythic raiding gear to walk over others don't have the skills for world PVP.

First off, he's on a mage, which is one of the weaker classes for PVP right now. Then he makes three key mistakes:

1. Number one, he enters the fight having blown his cooldowns fighting an NPC, putting himself at a disadvantage. The druid enters the fight on the druid's terms.

2. Number two, he doesn't run away. When somebody jumps you, they're expecting to win, and since it's their specialty, they're probably right. If at all possible, you should try to get away so you can regain your cooldowns and reset the fight. Then if you want to, go back in and fight on your own terms. He acts like he's in an arena instead of doing real PVP.

3. Number three, he ice blocks, giving the druid a chance to heal back to full from 40% with little benefit to himself. This might make sense in arenas or PVE, but is idiotic in 1v1 world PVP against a healing class. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Against a lower level, you might be able to make one stupid mistake and still win. If you're going to keep making stupid mistakes, you should expect to lose against anyone.

This post just confirms my suspicion that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about whatsoever, lmfao
08/18/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Emmalìne
This post just confirms my suspicion that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about whatsoever, lmfao

Ummm. yeahhhh he had plenty of cooldowns up when they engaged. Also using ice block is many times necessary as a mage..... especially if you're about to die like he was, so he used it prob coulda used it earlier before his health dropped to that point. sry Yarrow.

The real suspicious and bewildering thing is he said he "wasn't using Azerite traits" which makes zero sense unless he was too lazy to select them at the time. Azerite traits have some game changers.... It's important to "use azerite traits" lol.

That is all.
08/18/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Cornstalker

Ummm. yeahhhh he had plenty of cooldowns up when they engaged. Also using ice block is many times necessary as a mage..... especially if you're about to die like he was, so he used it prob coulda used it earlier before his health dropped to that point. sry Yarrow.

The real suspicious and bewildering thing is he said he "wasn't using Azerite traits" which makes zero sense unless he was too lazy to select them at the time. Azerite traits have some game changers.... It's important to "use azerite traits" lol.

That is all.

The gear he is wearing is like 340, 330 ilvl. He has to lvl up his heart of azeroth before he can access those traits.
what people don't seem to understand is that the pvp scaling right now is a broken piece of crap.
if i wanted to steamroll 120s, id much rather exp lock at 115 with 2 legos and mythic ABT tier as well as almost ideal stats as i had at 110. you cannot beat that as a 120 at the moment, 115s that are geared properly from legion are easily in control of pvp, and once they hit 116 thet are utter garbage.

120s currently don't have the best gear at most are about ilvl 340 which is pretty !@#$ since if u r 250 at 115 u are way ahead of the gear u should be getting at that level.

will it fix itself once we get more gear? yes
is it ok for the next couple of weeks? no

Using it earlier, before the Druid was down far enough to use the time for healing, would have made sense. Using it just before you die only makes sense if you have teammates to save you, which he didn't.
08/18/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Xadie
The gear he is wearing is like 340, 330 ilvl. He has to lvl up his heart of azeroth before he can access those traits.

Oh. well rip. At least the mystery has been solved lol
It's funny watching people defend this broken scaling while quoting the Venruki video, A MULTI R1 GLADIATOR WHO WENT TO TOURNAMENTS AND IS IN THE #1 MYTHIC GUILD IN THE WORLD.

You are out of your mind if you think this is ok.
08/18/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Madawk
It's funny watching people defend this broken scaling while quoting the Venruki video, A MULTI R1 GLADIATOR WHO WENT TO TOURNAMENTS AND IS IN THE #1 MYTHIC GUILD IN THE WORLD.

The video has no real context, other than 'yeah this druid killed him'. What was the druid's gear? Did he have any buffs on? Was he utilizing a quest bug? Did Venruki just hit 120/didn't have gear? There's absolutely nothing outside of "yeah, he died". For all we know, the druid could have had a buff from a quest that gave him more damage than is normally possible.

That twitch clip was made two days ago. We don't know what happened and we don't know the full story.

I've already almost completed my Vol'dun 1,000 Honor while in War Mode Achievement, and I have only ever been 1v1'd by a low level once, and it was a Discipline Priest who was 118.

Maybe y'all just need to git gud.
08/18/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Vaelinel
08/18/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Madawk

The video has no real context, other than 'yeah this druid killed him'. What was the druid's gear? Did he have any buffs on? Was he utilizing a quest bug? Did Venruki just hit 120/didn't have gear? There's absolutely nothing outside of "yeah, he died". For all we know, the druid could have had a buff from a quest that gave him more damage than is normally possible.

That twitch clip was made two days ago. We don't know what happened and we don't know the full story.

I've already almost completed my Vol'dun 1,000 Honor while in War Mode Achievement, and I have only ever been 1v1'd by a low level once, and it was a Discipline Priest who was 118.

A class who can DPS while being invincible has no problems, im shocked.
08/18/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
08/18/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Vaelinel

I'm happy to report that I've never had to pop a cooldown while fighting anything under 120.

Maybe you just need to work on playing your class a little better? Sounds like it's a 'you' problem.

Are you talking about the druid in the video, the paladin in the post you're quoting, or the 118 discipline priest? Of those, paladin is the least invincible class.

That is all.

That guy is the rank one mage.

I 100% guarantee that he knows how to play mage better than you.