Favorite ability or feature you lost to pruning/homogenization

General Discussion
Warrior stances but that has been long gone.
08/24/2018 12:51 PMPosted by What
08/24/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Jakel
Actual talent trees.
Bleh those talent trees were horrible.
"I gained a level. Time to put it into 1% crit."

...as opposed to "I gained a level and literally nothing happened."?
08/24/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Jakel
I remember one of my friends getting the summon. That was some crazy stuff, like 5 people having to summon it and one of them gets sacrificed for it, oh the terror on the low levels in Goldshire when the demon was set loose!

I was a lvl 31 or 32. walking to WPL, minding my own business walking down the road...

TM guards randomly atatck me and kill me.

I vow at that moment to hit 60 and get my DG and have my revenge.

You have NO idea how amazing it felt to watch my doomguard wreck that town and its guard.

Nothing has ever brought me as much joy as that single moment.
08/24/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Lsass
Warrior stances but that has been long gone.

Doesn't lessen the pain. Coming from vanilla Warrior and Wrath DK.
On my ele shammy casting while moving which was lost going into legion.
Chi Explosion!
08/24/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Triggers
08/24/2018 12:51 PMPosted by What
...Bleh those talent trees were horrible.
"I gained a level. Time to put it into 1% crit."

...as opposed to "I gained a level and literally nothing happened."?

Did I say this new method of gaining levels was better?

I miss the lack of skills though heavily, skills that you could use and create bosses around those skills. Remember the days of a Warlock Leo tank? Or Mage tank?
I'd love to have skills where you can design fights like that, maybe not normal or the ilk, but things like hard/mythic.
Maybe buffs too, buffs that 2-3 classes have, just so you don't have to diversify, although unique buffs for all classes was awesome, "Bring the player, not the class" is still very much a thing. Well, not in PUGs granted.

Anyways. Talent trees didn't have very many skills. 4-5ish? Somewhere around there.
You can take a look at old trees and see. Many of them were basically a flat percentage to something like crit, a damage increase to a particular skill/skills, and generally pretty dull, especially when you had to spec a certain way, or god forbid you're a tank and you have to respec for so many different fights if you REALLY wanted to optimize.
Water Breathing.
Gorefiend's Grasp in frost... made rounding up mobs so nice..
Tree form on Resto druid and normal, not CD, totems on my shaman.