Suddenly, a wild Jaina appears!

General Discussion
Jaina now suddenly has a magic floating ship and appears out of nowhere.

She suddenly casts a spell that mass deletes blight in a few seconds.

She suddenly can mass teleport at any moment everybody to safety.

How about making her teleport all the Horde back to Outlands while we're at it? That would fix a lot of things.

Maybe she could've used that mass blight delete spell when Arthas was around? Guess not.

Why even bother with war when you can just summon Jaina and make her revert anything bad that's happening? Seems like lazy storytelling to me. Sorry, but that really sucked, and if that's a preview of how things are going to pan out in BfA, then I'm REALLY worried.
Suddenly, Sylvanas is surrounded by Alliance leaders and poofs out of the air to safety.

your turn
08/07/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Kolgait

How about making her teleport all the Horde back to Outlands while we're at it? That would fix a lot of things.

Maybe she could've used that mass blight delete spell when Arthas was around? Guess not.

Why even bother with war when you can just summon Jaina and make her revert anything bad that's happening? Seems like lazy storytelling to me. Sorry, but that really sucked, and if that's a preview of how things are going to pan out in BfA, then I'm REALLY worried.

They don't want to write actual strategy and planning for the alliance, just demi god characters that are OP only when it's convenient then weak and dumb when not. Hardly any consistency with them.

It makes it easier to write for the alliance side when they do this since they don't care for the actual alliance writing. I mean wtf? Jaina's flying ship doesn't make sense at all, but it was cool.

Why have actually good writing for the Alliance side when you just make them OP when you want so they win only JUST enough so the alliance doesn't crumble and still let the horde win and have a more interesting story going on for them? Even if the horde loses warchiefs and demoralized, we knew Slyvanas was borrowed time.

Vol'jin was fodder and a way to make Slyvanas warchief. That's the only way she would get the living to listen to her anyways. That's my guess as to why he wasn't given an epic death. He was only meant to die.

I'm not sure what powers she got from talking to the ghost on a boat and offering up the necklace, so she can rez a boat and make it fly with arcane cannons.
08/07/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Azraia
Suddenly, Sylvanas is surrounded by Alliance leaders and poofs out of the air to safety.

your turn

She's a Banshee. Nobody helped her out of nowhere. Jaina just appeared uninvited and suddenly has the toolkit of a god.

Why didn't she save Theramore? I mean, she could just teleport the land back up and fix everything.

Whoops!

this is the biggest lol.

"Oh no, She's ALWAYS been this powerful! what are you talking about!??"
It's almost as if she's the strongest Mage in Azeroth by a long shot.

your turn

She's a Banshee. Nobody helped her out of nowhere. Jaina just appeared uninvited and suddenly has the toolkit of a god.

Why didn't she save Theramore? I mean, she could just teleport the land back up and fix everything.

Whoops!

She's the most powerful mage alive what do you expect lol?
Finally, all that studying paid off!

Whoops!

I expected her to fix everything else before suddenly showcasing her "secret powers" after the entire continent blew up a thousand times.

your turn

Suddenly, Anduin can completely dismantle and shatter a steel-forged Azerite super-tank into pieces with just a couple swings.

your turn
To be fair... has she done any of these things before?
Are there consequences to these magic's?
Maybe she is a bard and singing the song she did in warbringer gave her magical extra mana to cast badass spells.

Whoops!

False. She sucks
08/07/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Althasar

your turn

Suddenly, Anduin can completely dismantle and shatter a steel-forged Azerite super-tank into pieces with just a couple swings.

your turn

Suddenly, Vol'jin dies to a simple axe swing in the least enthusiastic cinematic ever.

your turn

You're missing something.

Jaina has the ability to port a lot of people out of danger, said so herself so why did Varian die?

Because he wouldn't do what she wanted, that's why. She let him die. I wonder if Anduin will ever figure this out.

Can't trust Jaina.
This part of the story seriously does not make sense for anyone who didn't watch Warbringers: Jaina. Good thing I watched it before today.
Jaina has been shown to be able to mass teleport since TBC (Battle for Mount Hyjal). It was shown again in WotLK (Battle for Undercity). There's even a book in Dalaran that mentions it if I recall.

The Jaina warbringers short, shows where that ship came from and who it used to belong to. It did not "suddenly come from nowhere".

Jaina nearly destroyed Orgrimmar single-handedly (Tides of War) by creating a tidal wave that was only barely held back by Thrall and he was about to fail when Kalecgos came and talked Jaina down.

Her frost spell did not banish the blight. It merely pushed it out of the way temporarily. If you visit Lordaeron after the scenario, you can see the whole area is blighted (and reduces your hp constantly if you stand in it).

That's not to say Jaina was not used as a deus ex machina, but it was done by generally sticking to what she's been show as capable of doing.

Jaina was always powerful and only became moreso as the years have gone by. Possessing the Focusing Iris, and the Staff from Throne of Thunder, being exposed to the power of the mana bomb that destroyed Theramore, all contributed to her great rise in power.

What really doesn't make sense is why Jaina was needed at all when the Alliance have the Vindicaar in orbit and could have simple nuked the entirety of Undercity without ever leaving Stormwind.
The Horde LITERALLY have a character that is the only mortal to ever wound sargeras because he was sad and malfurion gave him a magic axe.

The Horde LITERALLY has a character that became a dragon aspect without ever being a Dragon.

08/07/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Althasar

Alliance side has everyone beating on it, and anduin just gets the killing blow. Maybe you guys should work on your tanks durability so that it can't be destroyed by swords and arrows.

08/07/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Kandarian
To be fair... has she done any of these things before?

She was given powers by Aegwynn the most powerful guardian, and has the powers of a literal titan keeper in her staff.

I think she has an abnormal amount of mana,

WoTLK 2009 Battle for the Undercity.

https://youtu.be/PxvQKCJagoI?t=8m34s

Watch what Jaina does.

Mass teleporting is not a new thing.
*Zeropointt munches on popcorn*
Mass TP is in-game even for Battle for Mount Hyjal, as well.