I'm Glad Auto Accept Was Removed

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 16 Next
I am fairly casual, and I am ok with the changes to ML, and the changes to group finder. Should I not be?
08/09/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Swêêp
I am fairly casual, and I am ok with the changes to ML, and the changes to group finder. Should I not be?

No, to most of us, none of this matters.
08/09/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Maizou
Pretty sure this thread just reinforces the fact people who want Master Loot are experts at throwing hissy fits.

Unlike Master Loot, Auto Accept did not negatively impact anyone else's playing. Master Loot however, did.

Only those who either...

A. Didn't know how to utilize it properly

or

B. Were jealous entitled players that hated seeing other people get loot
08/09/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Rainwater
lol there are suddenly a ton of supposed casuals saying it was a bad idea to get rid of master looter. Hahahaha

It is kind of funny, must admit.
It's funny watching people spite eachother over pointless game stuff.
08/09/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Searik
Yea the times where I have to open up and find a group are rare, and I dont mind keeping the tab opening and inviting a few people to down it on those rare occasions where its needed. Its just such a trivial thing to complain about, and no one was using auto-accept for raids or dungeons.

You know, most of mine were for Argus Invasions. To be honest, I did like 3 of them, saw how horribly boring they were and said, I'll wait until I can solo them.

Its the same of kind of attitude I've been taking with Dungeons and Raids beyond LFR.
08/09/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Seka
Why would casuals be upset that auto accept was removed?

A lot of people don't like the feeling of being rejected from a group request, auto accept allowed people to join groups without the anxiety that comes with the possibility of being rejected.

It's one of the big reasons why solo-queued content like LFR is the most popular form of group content in the game, not because it's easier, but because you can't be denied entry or feel like you need to beg someone to let you in their group.

Simple as that.
08/09/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Leonerd
not because it's easier

I mean the easier thing is a pretty major reason casuals do it. You cannot fail if you have enough time to cannon it, and half your raid can be dead or afk and the bosses still go down.

LFR is popular so casuals don't have to feel pressured to know how to play the game even moderately or learn how to work in a group.
08/09/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Dandelo
Just to spite all the casuals that flamed anyone that advocated to keep ML.

Living on spite is no way to go through life. You should probably take a few hundred steps back from the game so you can refocus your life and lose the hatred you have for other people who you will likely never even meet in-game, let alone in real life.
I don't really like that either of them were removed.

I'm not some hardcore raider, most of this expansion I spent in Mythic+ with a small group of friends.

But removal of master loot significantly impacted my farming of old raids. Suddenly only 1 drop a boss and significantly less gold/mogs per kill? WoW really hates letting people have nice things.

Also auto accept was nice when doing world quests. That's really the only time I used it. I guess it did become obsolete after a few months in that I never did world quests anymore. But I don't see that as reason to get rid of it.
Removing auto accept was a big big mistake.

Low ilevel characters (like this one) will have a hard time entering groups, as people obviously will accept only well geared characters.

I don't know why Blizzard keeps doing these ridiculous changes.
I used to think removal of master loot was bad for game play, but this thread has changed my mind. Apparently the people who like master loot really do like ruining other peoples' fun, and Blizzard was right that mythic raiding will be better when the raiders have more control over their own loot.
08/09/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Ayreon

Low ilevel characters (like this one) will have a hard time entering groups, as people obviously will accept only well geared characters.

Don't think that will be the case.

They just added another step in the process. The Option to not take under geared characters has always been there. Those that didn't care about any of that will still not care about it and just accept first come, first serve.
Do you have any more popcorn I brought drinks

guess you'll have to learn to make your own groups then
08/09/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Dandelo
How does it feel now that Blizzard is taking away options that impact you? Feels pretty bad right?

meh.
Takes too much energy to care.
08/09/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Sukhoii

the point is, why remove it in the first place?

was it a bug? was it intentional, why?
08/09/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Sukhoii

No, I just wont do group content.
Problem solved.
And when Ive grown bored with the game, I'll take that $700 Ive spent on WoW in the last 12 months to some other game company.
08/09/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Yarrow
I used to think removal of master loot was bad for game play, but this thread has changed my mind. Apparently the people who like master loot really do like ruining other peoples' fun, and Blizzard was right that mythic raiding will be better when the raiders have more control over their own loot.

I don’t see it as ruining other people’s fun so much as we don’t like hypocrites. And gloating over ml removal earlier followed by now crying over AA removal is textbook hypocrisy. I doubt many here actually like the AA change we just see the double standard casualbads have clear as day.
08/09/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Taienna
No, I just wont do group content.
Problem solved.

Actually saying this while playing an MMORPG LMAO.