I'm Glad Auto Accept Was Removed

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 16 Next
08/09/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Dandelo
Just to spite all the casuals that flamed anyone that advocated to keep ML. How does it feel now that Blizzard is taking away options that impact you? Feels pretty bad right? Maybe you shouldn't of flamed mythic raiders that wanted to keep in ML...a system that most who rejoiced at the removal weren't even impacted by.

Now you want to come to the forums and cry about how this is unfair, and your world quests will take longer. Sure, I mean they will take longer for everyone, but running around in my mythic gear wont make it as painful for me to solo as it will for the casual player base.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it's hilarious seeing people scramble to complain on the forums. Maybe next time you all wont only think of yourselves. I have zero sympathy for you.

You are just a d ic k.
Why do you assume it was casuals that had a problem with master looter when casuals are less likely to do any content where master looter would be enabled.

Loot options aren't used in LFR, world quests, world bosses, battlegounds, and dungeons which is the only content that the majority of casuals do.
08/09/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Jalen
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Congratulations! You get to play a game with only 20 of your closest friends!

But you've earned that after all the grief you dished in the ML "debate" threads.

I can go play another game, or none at all. If you're happy you wrecked wow after all this time, that's just really bizarre.

Actually I'm a GM of my guild and play with more than just the +20 people I raid with. And the only "grief" I dished out was the fantasy that people were trying to put in front of me on how ML has worked over the years. Making claims like their loot is being stolen when it wasn't theirs to begin with.

Of course you are. And going out of your way to drive the "casuals" you despise from the game means you will have an ever-shrinking pool of players to recruit from. Far more people are casual on some level than are 100% chest-beatingly hardcore.

The "claim" of "loot-stealing" was concocted by a mythic raider who was looking for an inflammatory title to get posts. She got up to 10 capped threads where she and a handful of her ilk continually bumped those posts spewing insults, continually allowing themselves to be triggered by posters who were clearly trolls, until they were all deleted. In fact the misbehavior on those threads was so bad that it convinced a lot of people who were on the fence that mythic raiders have earned this ML change.

As ye sow so shall ye reap. Did you fight the good fight? It lost you the war.
08/09/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Zumas
08/09/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Leonerd
not because it's easier

I mean the easier thing is a pretty major reason casuals do it. You cannot fail if you have enough time to cannon it, and half your raid can be dead or afk and the bosses still go down.

LFR is popular so casuals don't have to feel pressured to know how to play the game even moderately or learn how to work in a group.
And your point is....what exactly?
Casuals can and are just as 'skilled' as some of the better players in this game.
I hate to break it to anyone but alt targeting mixed with a bunch of macros and knowing when to 'jump right' isnt exactly worthy of Oxford.
Casuals sometimes just dont have the TIME to get involved with guild raiding
yeah, I know, its that life / responsibility thing some of us have going on.
Blizzard had better figure out pretty quickly where the bulk of their cash flow is coming from and learn not to agitate huge portions of their player base, casual or obsessed.

This is what moronic politicians do that costs them elections. Swing WAY too far to one extreme, not understanding that its the swing voters in the middle, not the extremists on either end, who decide elections.

Its the moderates in this game who arent too casual or too hardcore that pay the bills around here.
We'd better do whatever needs to be done to keep THAT group happy if we want to see those server bills paid on time.
08/09/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Kaiyeri

Grammar !@#$ would be the common term you are looking for.

And I don't care about goal posts lol. I made a slight grammar mistake, oh no whatever shall I do?!?! You invented some term and expect the rest of the populous to just hop on board.
Sorry, honey. I didn't invent anything. And you got censored for a reason. Which is why that isn't used on forums any longer. So the creative people found a way to express the term without offending others. Shocking concept, I know.

And my grammar correction was for the benefit of everyone. I've seen that way too many times. Just learn something new and move on, instead of getting hostile.

The more you know!™️

Here we get a splendid view of the Redditor in his natural habitat, look how he so effortlessly virtue signals his superiority to others.

https://imgur.com/lxDcLUE
What's the Big deal here?

ML gone?.. great no one cares other than 1% + the abusers.

Auto click options? are you a bot or something? just type in what you want and play the game.. it's also not a big deal.

Thanks blizzard for the awesome changes, keep doing the great work.
08/09/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Orsobovus
Of course you are. And going out of your way to drive the "casuals" you despise from the game means you will have an ever-shrinking pool of players to recruit from. Far more people are casual on some level than are 100% chest-beatingly hardcore.

See this is part of the problem. You're making assumptions of who I am and what I'd personally like to see happen to the playerbase. Too many times do people shoot themselves in the foot over something they heard or read instead of diving into the subject and trying to understand things like why the ML change was a bad one.

The "claim" of "loot-stealing" was concocted by a mythic raider who was looking for an inflammatory title to get posts.

I must've missed the 10 "You abused it, now you lose it" threads that were posted on GD Forums to spite Mythic Raiders. And that's not even including all the other threads that were created by non Mythic raiders that were meant to troll.

Also that "claim" of "loot-stealing" is something that has been created by the casual playerbase. Barely anyone that raids Mythic seriously has had a problem with it or have ever made such a ridiculous claim.

As ye sow so shall ye reap. Did you fight the good fight? It lost you the war.

Did I? Because this change is only going to gate casual players that want to consider Mythic Raiding even harder. Seeing that Mythic Teams won't want to have anyone that they feel will not make it on the team get titanforged pieces from Mythic bosses.
Master Loot was removed so folks could no longer sell runs for real life cash. Just go hop on the information super highway-and search for wow boosting services and the world wide web will show you just how profitable it is. Getting rid of master loot will cut back on what type of services they are able to sell.

And to the OP.....you are still a D i ck
08/09/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Laroystinkin
Master Loot was removed so folks could no longer sell runs for real life cash. Just go hop on the information super highway-and search for wow boosting services and the world wide web will show you just how profitable it is. Getting rid of master loot will cut back on what type of services they are able to sell.

Pretty sure the mount is tradable from mythic.

If so, then it doesn't matter either ways they are doing sells...
On your resume do you list "raids mythic difficultly in World of Warcraft" on your list of accomplishments?

Just wondering.
This is only bad for the people on low population realms who are not able to do some of the WQs alone. It's like Blizzard telling them "sucks to be you".
08/09/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Popo
Removing player choice is removing player choice.

That is something that affects us all no matter the subject.

I agree with this. When you start to lock everything down because "some people" abuse it creates a community of anger (which is what you see now). I'm not a fan of ML, but I can choose what groups I raid with. I am a fan of auto accept, because it is convenient and it is one way lower geared players can be accepted into groups. Now these players will struggle with things like invasions, world quests, etc.

People mention they hated auto accept because of realm hoppers, if this is the case, then you could always uncheck the auto accept box.

Bottom line is blizzard made a mountain out of a mole hill and created a very angry community. Or perhaps that was what their intent was given what the next xpac is all about.
08/09/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Kolkol

Pretty sure the mount is tradable from mythic.

If so, then it doesn't matter either ways they are doing sells...

They sell runs for gear....not just mounts.
Master Loot was removed so folks could no longer sell runs for real life cash.

False
08/09/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Dartakan
Re posting what I said in the other thread:

First they came for leveling, and I did not speak out
Because I didnt level up alts
Then they came for the allied races, and I did not speak out
Because I was already exalted
Then they came for master looter, and I did not speak out
Because I didnt raid
Then they came for my auto-invite button, and all hell broke lose

There is no point in fighting each other, that is what children do. We all should be against Blizzard decision that are solely made to slow down game play, no matter if they affect us or not.

Yep everyone loves leveling, especially the people who don't level and or will level till 40 and then say leveling is fine.
Just to spite all the casuals that flamed anyone that advocated to keep ML.

What about the casuals that advocated to keep ML?
08/09/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Jalen
Master Loot was removed so folks could no longer sell runs for real life cash.

False

Just my opinion of course...but selling loot runs for VIP MASTER LOOTER-at hundreds $$$ a run would seems to be a more viable reason than "guild drama" and "group drama"
08/09/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Pryde
How do we know it's the same people?

They don't. It's called stereotyping.

They assume that the auto accept would be popular among casuals and that ML wouldn't be.

I don't know about others, but I actually posted here that I did not think it was fair to take that away from those who want it and I am definitely a casual these days.

Again, the elitists make a grand stand move and then look bad when they are hoisted on their own petard.

Nice stab at fracturing the community a bit more than it already is though.

/bravo?
shouldn't of
shouldn't have
08/09/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Laroystinkin

False

Just my opinion of course...but selling loot runs for VIP MASTER LOOTER-at hundreds $$$ a run would seems to be a more viable reason than "guild drama" and "group drama"

A wrong opinion. The only thing they mentioned for the change was to combat split runs from mythic guilds.

What were the phrases people were using when ML was removed...oh yeah "you abused it and now you lose it."

Having choices removed sucks doesnt it?