Yay! Leveling is FIXED

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
08/10/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Banmyname
60-80 is cancer

No, cancer is cancer, nothing else can be that horrendous disease that affects millions of lives every year.

Don't use that word in comparison to WoW. That's ridiculous.
Low level characters are fine, still fun and easy. Here at 73, with whatever looms I'm wearing now, it seems sloooooooooooooow.
08/10/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Ginrei
With scaling you wont have unfurnished zones
we didn't have unfinished zones before scaling. what we had was people complaining the grey quests gave zero exp. when the quests go grey (or green) you moved to a new harder zone. this was considered character progression. no more yellow, orange or red for higher than average exp gained. even the quests in your quest log were color rated. now they are all the same.
I think the feel of questing is great, the scaling does make it more enjoyable and the enemies surviving one hit helps a player learn their character's abilities.

However, the XP needs a boost. I mean a massive boost, so a character can go 1-20, 20-60, 60-80, and 80-100 in 1 zone each. At the very least buff the bejezus out of heirloom XP.
Never ever trust anything the progressive game media says.

Leveling is most certainly not fixed.

08/10/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Glaivedancer

No, cancer is cancer, nothing else can be that horrendous disease that affects millions of lives every year.

Yeah telling people what to say and think isn't authoritarian at all.
08/10/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Velara
08/10/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Lynhoyt

I know people that generate new characters JUST for the pleasure of leveling.. so some would say leveling is preferred to the end game... it sucks.. for YOU but there are some that truly enjoy it.

This is why I prefer options.

A pre 7.35 toggle might be welcome to we outliers who preferred leveling before that patch.

Heirlooms were the toggle.
08/10/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Agmünd
08/10/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Velara
This is why I prefer options.

A pre 7.35 toggle might be welcome to we outliers who preferred leveling before that patch.

Heirlooms were the toggle.

It reminds me of people who were saying leveling is all about the journey, only to complain how they couldn't finish Westfall or Barrens.

What stopped them? They could always finish the zone story. Know what really stopped them? They wanted their cake and to eat it too.

"The quests are grey and don't give exp anymore!"
08/10/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Toddorbert
we didn't have unfinished zones before scaling. what we had was people complaining the grey quests gave zero exp. when the quests go grey (or green) you moved to a new harder zone. this was considered character progression. no more yellow, orange or red for higher than average exp gained. even the quests in your quest log were color rated. now they are all the same.

Which easily could have been fixed by:

1. increasing difficulty level of zone quests (esp mzsq)
2. Decreasing xp reward by distributing xp by # quests in zone
3. Raising the XP zone cap

All of this could have been accomplished without:

1. Flat area scaling
2. Heirloom nerfs
3. Reducing XP rewards for means of leveling other than quests
4. Killing "power" leveling by hi level friends, guildies and alts
5. Punishing groups by reducing XP
6. Adding a .5-1.5 sec GCD to every move, offensive and defensive
7. Removing all in-game catch up mechanisms

A scalpel could easily have accomplished equally easy fixes, but Blizzard prefers a sledgehammer.
08/10/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Dalean
https://www.pcgamer.com/wows-game-director-responds-to-battle-for-azeroths-elf-genocide-drama-and-rocky-pre-patch/
Hazzikostas: We think the whole thing is solved.
So sayeth Ion.
all praise to Ion
08/10/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Balamoor
Never ever trust anything the progressive game media says.

Leveling is most certainly not fixed.

Yeah telling people what to say and think isn't authoritarian at all.

It is ridiculous. You don't compare something you think is bad in a game to cancer. There is no comparison, not even close.
Leveling is great. Plan to do it on a few more.
60-80 still sucks, regardless of class.
8/9- did 70-80 on demo lock: starting at full rested, heirlooms (no ring) =6-1/2 hours
(80% of borean tundra, 50% of dragonblight, 30% of howling fjord)

8/6- 80-90 on ele sham: full rested, heirlooms (no ring), 6 hours
(hyjal , deepholm)

90-100 on ele sham: 4 hours
(Treasures and bonus objectives, no 110 help)

100-110 ele sham: 6 hours
(azuna, valsharah)

I have not done 0-60 or 60-70 since 8.0, and I'm really dreading it due to the power leveling changes.
I don't know how long it took to get 20-60 with power leveling, my estimate is 11 hours (7.3.5).
0-60 no power leveling estimate: 27 hours (7.3.5)
20-60 no power leveling estimate: 24 hours(7.3.5)
Power leveling was only really worth it 0-60 and i don't see why it was nerfed. 0-60 was 14 years ago, I really don't want to do quests without flying for the millionth time.

60-70 is the second worst leveling bracket, I usually do hellfire peninsula into zangarmarsh. In BC,you have a slow flying mount (180%) and the quests don't flow quite as nice as northrend+. I woudl guesstimate it used to take 1 hour per level in this bracket. if its 24% faster that would make it between 7-8 hours now, but I haven't tested it

my estimate for 20-110:
20-60: 24 hours
60-80: 16 hours
80-90: 6 hours
90-100: 4 hours
100-110: 6 hours

2 days 8 hours: 56 hours

I think 60-110 might be a bit faster after the 8.0 adjustments (over 7.3.5)
but the 13 hour loss 20-60 due to being unable to power level kinda sucks.
08/10/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Steezzl

It is ridiculous. You don't compare something you think is bad in a game to cancer. There is no comparison, not even close.

It's this mentality that gives too much power to words.

I'm not defending bad taste in using certain words, but the more taboo we make them, the more impact it retains. This obviously is vastly more important issue with other terms such as slurs, but i think the point is still relevant.
08/10/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Toddorbert

Ive posted on how badly implemented scaling is in a number of threads. Dont misrepresent me by just taking a small sentence of my post. Scaling itself isnt inherently bad and being able to finish a zone without all the quests going grey is great to. However the way they implemented scaling is pants on head stupid.
Ways it could have worked better.

• Players scale down instead of mobs scaling up to a max zone level. So a 110 can join his friend without xp penalties
  • Make normal mobs scaled to green gear ilvl and elites to blue/heirlooms so if you have blues or heirlooms equipped you can still feel powerful
  • Blizzard actually listening to any feedback on scaling and xp during beta and fixing values BEFORE patching it to live
  • 08/10/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Dalean
    https://www.pcgamer.com/wows-game-director-responds-to-battle-for-azeroths-elf-genocide-drama-and-rocky-pre-patch/
    Hazzikostas: We think the whole thing is solved.
    So sayeth Ion.

I can't believe there is still a single person that believes anything he says. Guess which way the arrow goes in the "up to 24%" range.

I am currently leveling a toon. At level 85 at the moment. Leveling now is a soul sucking pile of hot s)@(t!!! Leveling used to be fun, like a contest imo, to see how fast I could get it done. Not anymore. There is no faster way to do it unless you count with/without heirlooms. Now heirlooms are required to just feel the slow leveling instead of the ridiculously slow leveling.

Remember when you could have heirlooms or gear that you spent a bunch of time getting or paid for with your hard earned gold and it made your toon more powerful, and it was like a reward? Now they've made it so that no matter what you do you dont feel more powerful. going thru a rotation 3 times to kill a random mob you have to kill while out questing in the best possible gear you can have at that level is a bunch of b.s..
    08/10/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Mustard
    How fast should you be able to lvl from 1 -110? 24 hours? 10 hours? 3 ?

15-20 hours.

Currently it takes ~90 hours if you are being optimal and hitting the best zones, and have gathering professions.

Which is the length of a AAA JRPG. I would rather be playing one of those because at least in them the story throughout the entire experience is interconnected and means something. Unlike here where the only thing that matters really is the latest expansion content. Which you need to get to ASAP if you want to have any lasting progress at all.
    08/11/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Drulearon
    8/9- did 70-80 on demo lock: starting at full rested, heirlooms (no ring) =6-1/2 hours
    (80% of borean tundra, 50% of dragonblight, 30% of howling fjord)

8/6- 80-90 on ele sham: full rested, heirlooms (no ring), 6 hours
    (hyjal , deepholm)

90-100 on ele sham: 4 hours
    (Treasures and bonus objectives, no 110 help)

100-110 ele sham: 6 hours
    (azuna, valsharah)

I have not done 0-60 or 60-70 since 8.0, and I'm really dreading it due to the power leveling changes.
    I don't know how long it took to get 20-60 with power leveling, my estimate is 11 hours (7.3.5).
    0-60 no power leveling estimate: 27 hours (7.3.5)
    20-60 no power leveling estimate: 24 hours(7.3.5)
    Power leveling was only really worth it 0-60 and i don't see why it was nerfed. 0-60 was 14 years ago, I really don't want to do quests without flying for the millionth time.

60-70 is the second worst leveling bracket, I usually do hellfire peninsula into zangarmarsh. In BC,you have a slow flying mount (180%) and the quests don't flow quite as nice as northrend+. I woudl guesstimate it used to take 1 hour per level in this bracket. if its 24% faster that would make it between 7-8 hours now, but I haven't tested it

my estimate for 20-110:
    20-60: 24 hours
    60-80: 16 hours
    80-90: 6 hours
    90-100: 4 hours
    100-110: 6 hours

2 days 8 hours: 56 hours

I think 60-110 might be a bit faster after the 8.0 adjustments (over 7.3.5)
    but the 13 hour loss 20-60 due to being unable to power level kinda sucks.

I'm sure it can be done faster, but pretty much only questing I did 20-110 in ~80 hours. Almost 1800 quests. Full heirlooms up to 90. Leveled as prot.

This is all 8.0.1 and as it was a new server I had to earn my higher level flying so that slowed down some 70+ content.

It felt like no progression until post 110.
    08/10/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Banmyname
    60-80 is cancer

Thanks for saying it, I’m sick of it too.
    08/10/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Steezzl

Apparently you didn't play the last Mass Effect game.......or any of the MMo's Daybreak studios has taken over.