How do you feel about dudes who play as female characters?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
Are you that Pathetic that you need to create a virtual toon in order to see a females backside?
most male models are trash to be honest
Why care? Is your life that empty or are you insecure? Worry about yourself.
How do I feel? It's none of my business.
How do I feel?
Hmmm, I feel like it’s really none of my business what they play.
I have a male toon (<- this elf boi) and nobody says anything. People already assume I'm male when I'm on the rest of my woman toons, so it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Well, except to my guild. They look this guy up and down and say, "Alicia, what the !@#$?"
Honestly does anyone actually look at their character when they play. I spend most of my time looking at action bars, chat windows,dps/hps meters and the mobs/party health bars.

The backside argument seems like a way for males to justify playing a female toon. Which you shouldn’t have to justify anyway!

Who cares, play any toon you want, and if people don’t like it, can’t please them all.
I don't know.

As a male do you feel odd playing tomb raider?

As a female playing as Cloud?

Seems like something young insecure people struggle with.
08/13/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Cashcollecta
I am asking about this since I was thinking of making a female void elf then making it my main. However being someone who runs a guild and rp-pvp discord community I am just a bit concerned that people will start to perceive me as a perv cause I am already well aware of all the stereotypes that belf and draenei players have. Even if someone doesn't tell you that they think you are a perv, they could be thinking it and it could alter the way someone overall feels about that person. Now my concern is that if I make a female void elf specifically, many will view me as immature and a perv in the back of their minds.

I feel fine about it now that I made my Gnomish Xray specs.
Bring on those ladies, guys.
ugh, so many of these types of threads lately.

Why does it matter to other people what i play as. I don't play to see female bits, i play female characters because the male ones are trash. The only exceptions being tauren and orcs whose female models are horrible and trolls where i don't like either.

I don't pretend to be a female IRL.

I play with my zoom so far back i can very rarely make out the female bits if that were even the reason i made it. Playing zoomed in just does not work for me. You could argue then "what does what your characters look like matter then," well to that i say, touche, but i still like knowing that my characters look nice. It's the reason i was so much gold keeping my transmogs the way i like them every time i get a new piece of gear.
I'm a cis-gender female irl who has had 2 male and 2 female mains in the last 11 years. My character list is 50/50 split right down the middle. I'm also a roleplayer, so I like to put a lot of thought into my character's personal background, though in recent years I honestly don't roleplay as much... it's just the idea of playing a character with a personality that I enjoy. For me, I'm not my character, I'm playing a character who is a certain way and interacts with the world a certain way. I ask my husband if it's creepy that I enjoy both male and female avatars, he says no. So, I take his word on it.

My male human hunter is my longest running character. I get the most enjoyment out of him because I love the idea of playing a rugged treasure-hunter. Then again, even as a little girl I'd make pretend I was Indiana Jones.

My current main is a dwarf warrior. He's an elderly dwarf who has lost his family to the Horde and the Legion, now he's decided to pick up his blade and fight so that others may not lose what he has lost. I love exploring the world and seeing it in this light, doing the BfA quests has a personal touch as I feel like he's doing it with all his heart.

My previous main was a worgen druid who was a druid addict, sort of lazy, but also very into worgenism cult and Goldrinn worship. I enjoyed playing her because it gave me a sense of connection with the wild gods of WoW. She later reformed as a follower of the Elune.

I hope this helps you come to terms that it's totally okay to play whatever you want!
08/13/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Mvura
I don't know.

As a male do you feel odd playing tomb raider?

As a female playing as Cloud?

Seems like something young insecure people struggle with.

The worst is playing Overwatch where you're constantly switching characters to counter their counter-counters..

There you're changing gender so often it becomes an incredibly anxious thing, because you're endlessly having to become one gender, then the other and it really gets to you.

Well.. except of course it doesn't and it's not a problem at all for 99.99% of humans.
only weird bois play female characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl6mXG9x-lo
08/13/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Sukhoii
only weird bois play female characters

Normal people bore the crap out of me.
The only good looking male models is Orcs and Dwarves. It's hard to look at the other male characters. I don't blame you for playing a female character. I mean look at humans, theirs hands are HUGE!!!
My sexy sexy husband plays a lot of female characters. He perfers looking at a woman's behind for hours to a man. I (a woman) personally love playing many races as male and a few as female. Male elves are sexy so I play male elves. Male Tauren get stuck in doorsways so I play female Tauren.
My sexy sexy husband plays a lot of female characters. He perfers looking at a woman's behind for hours to a man. I (a woman) personally love playing many races as male and a few as female. Male elves are sexy so I play male elves. Male Tauren get stuck in doorsways so I play female Tauren.

If I had a nickle for every time I've heard that baloney...
08/13/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Valaire

What's confusing?

Straight man likes looking at women's behinds. Doesn't like looking at men's behinds.

I mean okay it's not super 100% politically correct, but it's easy to believe.
08/13/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Valaire

What's confusing?

Straight man likes looking at women's behinds. Doesn't like looking at men's behinds.

I mean okay it's not super 100% politically correct, but it's easy to believe.

For one, no one just stares at their characters butt as they are playing. Second, if you look at WoW as a sexual outlet, you need help. Third, that is such an overused excuse and everyone who says it acts like they just said something new and clever.