Real Talk Regarding the QQ & Toxicity Yesterday

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 Next
08/14/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Ythisens
If you look at the history of expansions launches this is still in the top 3 regarding overall stability.

Umm.... you guys don't exactly have a great track record of launches so this is a pretty low bar.

I'm not excusing the issues but you have to admit its pretty silly if you're trying to say that an almost full week of continuous issues impacting the majority being able to play is comparable to only a handful of realms having issues for only about 6 hours when the vast majority could login.

You can't say "i'm not excusing the issue", then immediately follow it up with "only a handful of realms having issues for only about 6 hours", that's an excuse, or at best trying to diminish the impact.

For those players that was literally the entire evening (5/6 pm to 11/12). So it sucked.

The whole "small percentage of the population" argument is just frustrating to those of us in that "small percentage". The fact that most players could play actually makes it worse. I mean I'm happy for them, but knowing I'm one of the "lucky few" who got screwed doesn't exactly make you feel great.

So instead of deferring blame .... own it.

Instead of the same bogus apologies, how about some real ideas on how to address this going forward.

How about at launch, you do optional temporary realm transfers (move to low pop for a day to level and then character gets moved back after 24 hours, 48 hours, 1 week .... whatever - no trade/no AH so as not to abuse it). OR increase server capacity which supposedly you do every time and does nothing. Or rethink intro quest design so as not to funnel an entire server/faction into the same room/item.

But honestly bogus apologies were irritating enough, but now we have to deal with blue defensiveness "well only a small percentage"......get out of town.

Toxicity or not, what do you want from me? Gratitude that you wasted my Monday night?

To those white-knighters that say "I'm entitled" .... it's kind of a reflection on the state of the game where me purchasing a game and paying a sub fee and trying to participate in their "global launch" ... is somehow seen as "unreleastic" and "entitlement".

I should have known better? That I'd be able to play on launch day? Is that how low we set the bar? Really?
Man, people saying their experience and the expansion is ruined because of a small hiccup on launch day. Get over it. If the next two years of this game are ruined because of some understandable shenanigans, then you got another thing coming later on, lemme tell you what.

We expected it to go down, to be honest. And that's not me bashing Blizz, that's me saying a global launch is nothing to scoff at. We were all in Silithus, my team of five lined up with me, watching the crowd surround Magni, talking about how this is gonna be so bad. And we were laughing about it.

Then the quest popped up, and I said "Go." And they -flooded-. It was a glorious experience.
08/16/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Shadina
the expansion is ruined

Who is saying that? I think they are saying the launch day experience was ruined for them.

It was.
08/14/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Rumbled
Trying to save face in that horrible launch that almost rivaled WoD

You mean the launch that was crippling and had ongoing issues impacting players for almost an entire week for every realm? Like I said previously, I'm not excusing the issues but you have to admit its pretty silly if you're trying to say that an almost full week of continuous issues impacting the majority being able to play is comparable to only a handful of realms having issues for only about 6 hours when the vast majority could login. Patches during Wrath had more downtime than this Global Launch.

If you look at the history of expansions launches this is still in the top 3 regarding overall stability. If you disagree then I don't think you played any launch before Legion.

Maybe he hasnt but I played most of them and I want to ask you, when is it going to be enough? As a consumer if I am promised a working product on a certain date I should get it on that date, If you commit to it you have to comply, otherwise is better not to commit.

When is Blizzard going to be big enough to get past this “it wasn’t that bad” mentality? you guys are arguably the best in the market, some of us planned ahead our schedules to be able to use your product based on this fact and yet you came short.

You say you are not trying to excuse the issues but thats exactly what you are doing with this “top 3” argument, we pay for your product, if you cannot deliver then you should apologize and make it up to your customers somehow, nothing more should be added to the equation.
It was sad for players that didn't get to play. I feel like the OP summed up the frustration very well (something that has not been done by Blizzard reps who apparently plan to just let the thing blow over. Their stance is apparently to say that it happened and nothing else, no empathy for their players or explanatoins about what happened or why it happened).

The OP should have been written by a Blizzard rep (i.e. we understand that this was a big deal for you guys and we took these precautions but x and y happened. We are very frustrated by this and want the best experience for ALL of our players. We are committed to quality and our customers and work hard to deliver a great experience for everyone.)
08/14/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Fadal
There's a saying that first impressions are everything.

I'm going to assume that everyone who was on the minute BfA released was excited to play, and I do believe that is a fair assumption to make. I think we all agree that the first time logging into an expansion is something special.

The problem here is that (let's just throw a very moderate estimate out there) 90-95% of you were able to play, while the other 5-10% were sidelined. It wasn't because some had better PCs than others. It wasn't because some were late to the party. It was because certain servers were unable to handle the amount of people who wanted to experience BfA on the first night. Instead of experiencing the new content on a night where we all took the time to log in, 5-10% of players only experienced a night of troubleshooting and eternal login screens.

We see those who had a smooth night of gameplay praising Blizzard, which they totally deserve. We also see those who were unable to play voicing their disappointment and anger to Blizzard, and honestly, they have every right to do so.. without being attacked.

If I get a new job with 20 other people, and 2 of us show up and don't do a damn thing, of course our boss is going to be upset. He expects us to work since he is paying us. It's a trade off. If you're in a raiding guild, and the first night of raiding new content 5-10% of the guildies who signed up just don't show up and the raid falls apart, of course people are going to be upset. It should be clear that people were upset that almost everyone who wanted to was able to experience BfA with little to no issues last night, while others were completely locked out.

These forums are a minefield of hard-headed opinions. It seems that most people only have sympathy/empathy for others when they are directly affected (when log in issues prevent you and your guild from raiding, for example). And sure, a few people on the forums are incapable of understanding, and truly are just here to troll.

Yes, it was (and is) pathetic to request financial compensation for 5 hour downtime, and sure, some complaints went overboard. There was no reason to post in all caps. There was no reason to use foul language or threaten... but the majority of those locked out were quite reasonable.

They were just upset. The little magic moment was gone. Their first impression was once again ruined. Their plans were kicked to the dust... and on top of that they were talked down to on these forums as if they were all children. It was sad to see.

It is a fact that for some, opening night of BfA was ruined. This wasn't some Tuesday 6 months in to the expansion, where the QQ comes when maintenance takes an hour longer. The first few hours of a new expansion are special. and their first impression of BfA was a vicious circle of login screens and a search for solutions.. and these people were called cry babies. They were told to go do something else.. and I think a lot of them should be owed an apology... not only from Blizzard, but from the community on these forums.

___________________My Response to the Blue Post___________________

While I agree that this was a very successful launch overall, the truth is that the verdict is different for everyone, from the person who wasn't able to play "all night" because they gave up after 4 hours, to the person who didn't even experience a lag spike.

It can be even more frustrating being in the minority of players who couldn't play for six hours than if everyone was locked out due to patches and such. One feels even unluckier. They see that everyone else is playing and enjoying themselves while they can't, and it wasn't a consequence they deserved or could have changed in any way shape or form. It's truly bitter... and that's on a night where we were all MOST excited to play BfA. That excitement died for a lot of us yesterday, or at least wasn't the same as if we had gotten to play. That's the truth.

We can talk about the overall, but that isn't what this was about. Sure, I'm happy for alllll the players who had a successful night of leveling, but here we even have a Blue Post redirecting, or replying to a redirection, which really gives off the vibe that it's okay, or better worded- it's not that bad, even in comparison.

There were definitely people, such as my girlfriend to name one, who experienced a Blizzard Expansion Launch for the first time with BfA. There were definitely people, such as Rumbled in this thread, who didn't get hit quite as hard in previous launches, who were affected this time.

I believe any percentage above 1% should not be taken as a success. Let's not set the bar so low. I understand there are issues that come up and can't be foreseen.. but the megaservers being overloaded should have been foreseen. It could have been way way worse, I agree, but it wasn't ideal by any means, and it wasn't the first time this has happened. This goes all the way back to Vanilla, when more people wanted to play the game than Blizzard thought or had prepared for. This was avoidable, even if Blizzard had to gravitate toward unconventional solutions.

So, sure - this may have been a successful launch overall, but there were plenty of people who felt they were left on the beach while the BfA cruise ship set sail with everyone enjoying themselves on board.. and I'm deeply saddened that these players continue to be not only alienated by fellow gamers, but also by responses such as these from Blizzard staff.

Great post, you trolls & uneducated fanboys should take notes from Fadel.

Sorry I won't take notes from someone who clearly doesn't know how servers work. I've been here since BC, been playing evry launch since WoTLK. You and the rest of these straight morons who think WHYZ CANT BLIZZ GETZ BETTER SERVERS Servers that SUPPORT MILLIONS of players playing are VERY different then the servers you'd find in an office building. The Game Industry is vastly different then other industries, it requires more work to be done, this ain't an office job, or simple as working in the kitchen or doing construction. There is no tech right now that can simply un-bugify servers for high pop allowing more of a load to be stablizied for players. There isn't technology that exists for that and there never will be. You want that technolgy to exist, then go get your Masters in Computer Science and get to work. You call people uneducated fanboys and trolls? You're the only one here with the OP who is SEVERELY uneducated about networking. They are called High Pop servers for a reason, on launch day, I expected those servers to fail, and why? Sometimes those realms cannot handle the load of returning players. They are no doubt going to fail. The only thing Blizzard can do is upgrade to cloud servers and if they do that, you'll STILL BE RAGING at them because they'll need to take down the servers for quite possibly a long time to upgrade them.
[quote][quote]There's a saying that first impressions are everything.

Sorry I won't take notes from someone who clearly doesn't know how servers work. I've been here since BC, been playing evry launch since WoTLK. You and the rest of these straight morons who think WHYZ CANT BLIZZ GETZ BETTER SERVERS Servers that SUPPORT MILLIONS of players playing are VERY different then the servers you'd find in an office building. The Game Industry is vastly different then other industries, it requires more work to be done, this ain't an office job, or simple as working in the kitchen or doing construction. There is no tech right now that can simply un-bugify servers for high pop allowing more of a load to be stablizied for players. There isn't technology that exists for that and there never will be. You want that technolgy to exist, then go get your Masters in Computer Science and get to work. You call people uneducated fanboys and trolls? You're the only one here with the OP who is SEVERELY uneducated about networking. They are called High Pop servers for a reason, on launch day, I expected those servers to fail, and why? Sometimes those realms cannot handle the load of returning players. They are no doubt going to fail. The only thing Blizzard can do is upgrade to cloud servers and if they do that, you'll STILL BE RAGING at them because they'll need to take down the servers for quite possibly a long time to upgrade them.

Whoa, easy on quoting the longest post in the thread.

If that's the case, then Blizzard should explain instead of just sitting back. Let us know that they are upset about it too. Instead we are marginalized:

"it was only 5%"
"one of the top 3 launches"

not a sympathetic word from them suggesting that they were upset they weren't able to allow all of their players to play on opening night. And at this point, they've almost waited so long to make a statement that it could be awkward. From my perspective, it appears that they don't care and they think that it was "good enough". Sound like a complacent, low standard decision to me.

I'm suddenly getting Diablo 3 nightmares and flashbacks (still can't join a multiplayer game to quest through the game with someone unless you know them previously LOL; Diablo 2 LoD I can make a HC char right now and make a game "a1 begin" and have some players join me. I could go on about why LoD is superior but this one example is good enough and I think people already know about D3. I pray that the next D installment is Diablo 4 and not an expansion because these design choices were super sketchy and I don't want to play with them anymore. I will say though, D3 makes a great console game but a relatively bad PC game). Totally went off on a tangent here, I definitely got my moneys worth on D3 but it left so much to be desired for me. Not a game that I would play for years with the other options that are out there, additionally it was not a slam dunk game for me like Blizz's other titles or D2 LoD.

You mean the launch that was crippling and had ongoing issues impacting players for almost an entire week for every realm? Like I said previously, I'm not excusing the issues but you have to admit its pretty silly if you're trying to say that an almost full week of continuous issues impacting the majority being able to play is comparable to only a handful of realms having issues for only about 6 hours when the vast majority could login. Patches during Wrath had more downtime than this Global Launch.

If you look at the history of expansions launches this is still in the top 3 regarding overall stability. If you disagree then I don't think you played any launch before Legion.
Oh gods I remember Wrath launch. Yeah, remember when maintenance was always a full day, every week? And WoD was great for the first 3 hours, then.... boom.

I am on Hyjal (high pop), playing from Australia (where the NBN guarantees crappy latency), and the only real lag I ended up with was the 9am lag caused by everyone and their dog in Australia booting up their 'net at work. I logged in maybe 15 minutes after BfA launch (at 8am AEST)? I fully expected not to get on at all--in Wrath, Wod, Pandaria, Cata--I logged into a queue.

I was surprised how smooth it was, actually.

Clearly, Blizz have solved a lot of past issues, and while I feel for the people who couldn't play right away (and I do--been there on past launches), the real miracle is that there were not more problems.
Honestly I am surprised at how smooth the launch went. Even if I had experienced issues this is not my first game launch. I was fully anticipating disastrous queue times or server crashes. They cannot anticipate every single event - the game has grown far too large now.

Some people I swear.
08/16/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Omnislash
08/14/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Fadal
There's a saying that first impressions are everything.

I'm going to assume that everyone who was on the minute BfA released was excited to play, and I do believe that is a fair assumption to make. I think we all agree that the first time logging into an expansion is something special.

The problem here is that (let's just throw a very moderate estimate out there) 90-95% of you were able to play, while the other 5-10% were sidelined. It wasn't because some had better PCs than others. It wasn't because some were late to the party. It was because certain servers were unable to handle the amount of people who wanted to experience BfA on the first night. Instead of experiencing the new content on a night where we all took the time to log in, 5-10% of players only experienced a night of troubleshooting and eternal login screens.

We see those who had a smooth night of gameplay praising Blizzard, which they totally deserve. We also see those who were unable to play voicing their disappointment and anger to Blizzard, and honestly, they have every right to do so.. without being attacked.

If I get a new job with 20 other people, and 2 of us show up and don't do a damn thing, of course our boss is going to be upset. He expects us to work since he is paying us. It's a trade off. If you're in a raiding guild, and the first night of raiding new content 5-10% of the guildies who signed up just don't show up and the raid falls apart, of course people are going to be upset. It should be clear that people were upset that almost everyone who wanted to was able to experience BfA with little to no issues last night, while others were completely locked out.

These forums are a minefield of hard-headed opinions. It seems that most people only have sympathy/empathy for others when they are directly affected (when log in issues prevent you and your guild from raiding, for example). And sure, a few people on the forums are incapable of understanding, and truly are just here to troll.

Yes, it was (and is) pathetic to request financial compensation for 5 hour downtime, and sure, some complaints went overboard. There was no reason to post in all caps. There was no reason to use foul language or threaten... but the majority of those locked out were quite reasonable.

They were just upset. The little magic moment was gone. Their first impression was once again ruined. Their plans were kicked to the dust... and on top of that they were talked down to on these forums as if they were all children. It was sad to see.

It is a fact that for some, opening night of BfA was ruined. This wasn't some Tuesday 6 months in to the expansion, where the QQ comes when maintenance takes an hour longer. The first few hours of a new expansion are special. and their first impression of BfA was a vicious circle of login screens and a search for solutions.. and these people were called cry babies. They were told to go do something else.. and I think a lot of them should be owed an apology... not only from Blizzard, but from the community on these forums.

___________________My Response to the Blue Post___________________

While I agree that this was a very successful launch overall, the truth is that the verdict is different for everyone, from the person who wasn't able to play "all night" because they gave up after 4 hours, to the person who didn't even experience a lag spike.

It can be even more frustrating being in the minority of players who couldn't play for six hours than if everyone was locked out due to patches and such. One feels even unluckier. They see that everyone else is playing and enjoying themselves while they can't, and it wasn't a consequence they deserved or could have changed in any way shape or form. It's truly bitter... and that's on a night where we were all MOST excited to play BfA. That excitement died for a lot of us yesterday, or at least wasn't the same as if we had gotten to play. That's the truth.

We can talk about the overall, but that isn't what this was about. Sure, I'm happy for alllll the players who had a successful night of leveling, but here we even have a Blue Post redirecting, or replying to a redirection, which really gives off the vibe that it's okay, or better worded- it's not that bad, even in comparison.

There were definitely people, such as my girlfriend to name one, who experienced a Blizzard Expansion Launch for the first time with BfA. There were definitely people, such as Rumbled in this thread, who didn't get hit quite as hard in previous launches, who were affected this time.

I believe any percentage above 1% should not be taken as a success. Let's not set the bar so low. I understand there are issues that come up and can't be foreseen.. but the megaservers being overloaded should have been foreseen. It could have been way way worse, I agree, but it wasn't ideal by any means, and it wasn't the first time this has happened. This goes all the way back to Vanilla, when more people wanted to play the game than Blizzard thought or had prepared for. This was avoidable, even if Blizzard had to gravitate toward unconventional solutions.

So, sure - this may have been a successful launch overall, but there were plenty of people who felt they were left on the beach while the BfA cruise ship set sail with everyone enjoying themselves on board.. and I'm deeply saddened that these players continue to be not only alienated by fellow gamers, but also by responses such as these from Blizzard staff.

Well said, Fadel.

As a former die hard wow addict; an expansion launch for myself personally had a preparation process that had to be ready to go so that I could attempt to RACE to be server first to level cap. It was a 3 day survival kit which consisted of a case of bawls, snacks, the local pizza place place on speed dial and fat stash of chronic. Times for myself have changed due to the fact I am no longer in college/university and landed an engineering job, have a son and a wife... I could not play til late in the evening on launch day as well as the last few nights due to my work schedule which is the only reason I am not 120 already.

That being said, If I was one of the those players with OCD still, who had to be first to level cap and then I got the blizzactivision screen of failed login for 6 hours, virtually eliminating me from contention of these achievements, I would be losing my mind as well. Great post, you trolls & uneducated fanboys should take notes from Fadel.

As someone who has struggled with OCD for most of my life, almost to a debilitating degree at some points, all I have to say to you is, Blizzard DOES NOT have a personal responsibility to cater to your condition. Get over yourself, get therapy, and work on getting the necessary skills to better cope. Though I don't believe for a second you ever had actual clinical OCD. You just like throwing the term out as a "catch all" to try and get your childish point across.Your post is downright insulting to people like me who genuinely have a mental illness.

I was fairly active on these forums during launch day and let me tell you, the amount of immature complaints, hyperbole and entitlement was beyond ridiculous. I've browsed these forums for years and I haven't seen anything this embarrassing since the whole "MoP beta key deal". That one is still the worst, but boy this one's come close..... Loved that one guy that made the first thread demanding that the only way Blizzard could make it up for this was that once all the servers were stable, they roll back everyone's progress. *eye roll* I was lucky enough to be able to play fine that night, never once getting lag or disconnected though I am on a lower pop server. My BF and his guild however, are on a high pop server and also had very little trouble.

My fav was during the start when players were coming here and spamming thread after thread with their whole "conspiracy theory" that they were giving preferential access to streamers since they could see they were able to play fine. To the point I was going into to their threads to post and debunk it because we here were all playing just fine and were in no way close to being famous streamers. It eventually made Ythisens come and post to me that there's no way for them to even technically do that. So yes I don't blame them for taking a more heavy hand with customers who will clearly never be happy.

Here is the post plus response from Ythisens from the above mentioned thread in case anyone is interested and doesn't feel like digging. Couldn't thank him there since thread was locked, but thanks for that reply! ^^

Posted by Késtra
Exactly. Streamers were just smart and made sure to be on ahead of time. My BF and myself did the same thing. We've been playing fine and he and his guild are on a high pop server to boot.

Ythisens: They were all logged on ahead of time, some even transferred to lower pop servers. It's literally not even a thing and we have no way to prioritize anyone. So at this point we're treating these as trolling posts. They're really pointless and if people continue to make them we will start giving a few vacations to those that continue to make them.

Link to thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767657291#post-19
Holy !@#$ you guys are a bunch of cry babies. This was the smoothest launch I've ever encountered and I've been playing since BC. No lag, no disconnects, no queues. Good job Blizzard. Some people just want to complain. It's the new cool thing to do I guess.
Hold up. I was upset, I was getting increasingly upset throughout the launch. I didn't get to play until 6+ Hours after the game was out for everyone and folks were already at 120.

I was vocal and I did want them to just take the servers down that weren't working and fix them for everyone. I thought that was going too far, but within... maybe less than an hour of the launch people were acting like the world was ending.

The first posts I saw wanted Blizz to shut down the game for EVERYONE. Including working servers. Others were even demanding 30 days game time and by 2 hours in folks wanted all progress being reset for everyone. I don't understand why people are so quick to want everyone to suffer. That said, in all those threads I got to see some jackass going on about how it was all super smooth, and how they loved it all and how they were in just fine and people should shut up. Like, to the point where it wasn't about diffusing the drama, but rubbing salt in the wound to people clearly not in the best mental state.

It took me near 6 hours to want them to shut down A52 and work out a proper fix, only for the server to pop up 20~ minutes later. And I was on before launch and got DCd as soon as I started up on the content. I only got upset seeing people post about how great the launch was after hours of not being able to get it.

-=-=-=-

However, I say this to everyone: WoD is the worst expansion from every single point. The launch, the story, the content, the characters and is only slightly saved by it's amazing raiding... which is sort of undone by the fact that it's missing a third of it's raid content.

If you say "X is the worst expansion" and X =/= WoD.... You don't know !@#$.
This was the smoothest launch I have ever seen. The authentication servers had trouble, like normal, but Blizzard fixed it pretty quickly. I say Blizzard did a very good job on this launch, probably even their best yet!
For the people who had problems logging in and got salty on the forums, you're all a bunch of mana addicts. Seek help! :)

As for me, I couldn't log in, so I went to bed. Sometime in the night my computer took the dirt nap and so I haven't even gotten to experience BfA AT ALL! It will be 2-3 weeks before I can even get a new PC, so y'all need to chill and be thankful for what you got. AND I even pre-purchased.

Carry on.

While I agree the scale of failure doesn’t come close to the WoD launch, this seems incredibly tone deaf for people like me on Area 52 and affected realms that had a terrible experience.

In many ways, the fact that the other servers were up and some players could even get into Area 52 during the 6 hour period was even worse than it being down for everyone. It created a sense of being behind and unfair advantage. I could only play during that 6 hour window because I had to work the next day. Still, I stayed up to 3am just to get in 2 hours of playtime, leaving me exhausted the following day as I had to work at 6am, so the server failure had a 2 day cascade negative effect for me.

By the time I was able to log on the following day, there were already some 120 Alliance rogues cross server camping me while I was questing at 111, so I had to turn War Mode off. And many of my guild mates that were lucky enough to get through after launch (for whatever reason) were already 120 doing dungeons without me.

This launch was even worse for me than WoD was for these reasons.
08/16/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Shadina
Man, people saying their experience and the expansion is ruined because of a small hiccup on launch day. Get over it. If the next two years of this game are ruined because of some understandable shenanigans, then you got another thing coming later on, lemme tell you what.

We expected it to go down, to be honest. And that's not me bashing Blizz, that's me saying a global launch is nothing to scoff at. We were all in Silithus, my team of five lined up with me, watching the crowd surround Magni, talking about how this is gonna be so bad. And we were laughing about it.

Then the quest popped up, and I said "Go." And they -flooded-. It was a glorious experience.
A glorious experience 10 percent of players don't get to have. I am glad you got to have fun, but I was sat there unable to play while most other players were. You do not know how I feel, don't tell me to get over it, I will never get to experience that glorious rush of all the players at Silithus now, and the blue tag being passive aggressive doesn't make me feel better about it.
08/16/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Kronntor

While I agree the scale of failure doesn’t come close to the WoD launch, this seems incredibly tone deaf for people like me on Area 52 and affected realms that had a terrible experience.

In many ways, the fact that the other servers were up and some players could even get into Area 52 during the 6 hour period was even worse than it being down for everyone. It created a sense of being behind and unfair advantage. I could only play during that 6 hour window because I had to work the next day. Still, I stayed up to 3am just to get in 2 hours of playtime, leaving me exhausted the following day as I had to work at 6am, so the server failure had a 2 day cascade negative effect for me.

By the time I was able to log on the following day, there were already some 120 Alliance rogues cross server camping me while I was questing at 111, so I had to turn War Mode off. And many of my guild mates that were lucky enough to get through after launch (for whatever reason) were already 120 doing dungeons without me.

This launch was even worse for me than WoD was for these reasons.

So Blizzard made you play until 2 AM? People, take responsibility for yourselves.
Yeesh, the salt here. I remember BC. BC was horrible. Long queues, and even if you could get in, odds are the server would crash. Lasted a week or two IIRC. Wrath literally had 8 hours queues at one point. I had to log in from work using remote software at least an hour before I left to even MAYBE get in. I remember when the AQ gates were opened, it brought the server to its knees for hours. By comparison, the last few launches and major patches have been relatively painless.
Posted by Fadal
The problem here is that (let's just throw a very moderate estimate out there) 90-95% of you were able to play, while the other 5-10% were sidelined.

Illidan, zuljin, a52, sargeras, tichondrius were all offline. These are some of wows most populated servers.

Rethink your 5% estinate

And for all the downtime thanks to those servers being offline 95% of wow PvP toxicity was gone.
08/16/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Letoatriedes
Posted by Fadal
The problem here is that (let's just throw a very moderate estimate out there) 90-95% of you were able to play, while the other 5-10% were sidelined.

Illidan, zuljin, a52, sargeras, tichondrius were all offline. These are some of wows most populated servers.

Rethink your 5% estinate

And for all the downtime thanks to those servers being offline 95% of wow PvP toxicity was gone.

Dayumm.

Shots fired.