Questions about ER

Earthen Ring
I'm interested in possibly transferring a toon or two to Earthen Ring, but I thought I'd ask a few questions about the server on it's forums. I only have a few:

#1 - How is it's population?

#2 - Which faction is dominant, or is it more equal?

#3 - Is there much in-city walk-up RP?

I'm most definitely interested in the server as it's the only non-connected RP server besides WrA, MG, and ED (as far as I'm aware, at least).

#3 is probably the most significant thing for me, as I very much enjoy random walk-up RP in capital cities, so if there's a good amount of that the other two question aren't quite as important (though still somewhat relevant I suppose).

If anyone can answer these questions for me, I'd appreciate it very much! Thank you in advance.
I'm checking Earthen Ring out myself for a possible transfer. Can't handle the lag and shutdowns on Area 52.

Here's a site that might give you some of the insight you're looking for:
https://realmpop.com/us-earthen-ring.html
08/17/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Kölgrath
I'm checking Earthen Ring out myself for a possible transfer. Can't handle the lag and shutdowns on Area 52.

Here's a site that might give you some of the insight you're looking for:
https://realmpop.com/us-earthen-ring.html

I checked that out, but it doesn't answer my most important question, though I suppose I could make a toon on ER and look in the cities myself. I just thought I'd ask here about it.
08/17/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Tallhill
#1 - How is it's population?

#2 - Which faction is dominant, or is it more equal?

#3 - Is there much in-city walk-up RP?

1. Population is low, last I heard we were one of the lowest population realms. With BfA out, you definitely see quite a few more people around, so we're not dead by any means.

2. I don't do much Hordeside, but I think we are relatively balanced, perhaps with a bit higher population redside.

3. There's very little walk-up RP and very little spontaneous RP.

We may be small, but in general Earthen Ring has a very tight-knit and welcoming community. The majority of the Roleplay here tends to be guild-centric and mostly pre planned with a handful of regular RP events like Tavern nights and Brawl Pub on Alliance, not sure about Horde.
In Legion, I ran into two random people in the woods acting out a rather in depth RP scene.
Not much walk-up RP. I have been on both Horde and Alliance on ER and never have I had someone randomly walk up and RP with me although I have had a few random peeps come up to me and talk. I play mostly belfs on horde-side and that seems to attract them.
1. low to medium pop but with bfa i see a lot of faces that disappeared when they got their AOTCs or got bored.
2. slightly higher horde side last i checked the stats.
3. RP is what you make of it, there are events people host but for the most part the majority of the players are focused on doing content, pvp, farming and doing whatever, but the game is what you make of it so if you want to walk around and rp do it, you might get some response. or not.

I have a friend who transferred to Area 52 to raid and he did a time count to use the guild bank and it was like 45 seconds to a minute to deposit or withdraw. Sounds bad.
1. Population is medium, not bad.
2. Used to be Alliance, not a little more horde heavy, but still good on both sides.
3. If you look for it, you can find rp, but it isn't as heavy rp as it used to be back in Classic.

If you wish to raid, there are raiding guilds on both sides that will take you. As far as I know, most of us aren't elitist, but we do like to have people that DON'T stand in the fire, lol.
Earthen Ring use to be such a hive full of busy bee Role Players. It made the realm busy and both Horde and Alliance interacted with each other and sometimes even got involved within the same story lines. There were Balls and Parties and social events and then there was court hearings too-- anything and everything that you could possibly imagine flourished.

But along with large groups , unfortunately comes the type of trolls no one cares for and the type of drama no one wants to deal with. From my experience, Earthen' Ring's community collapsed due to an elite set of players trying to ultimately control the type of role play others were doing and it turned into a big drama production which ended up with almost everyone (Rper) leaving for another realm. The Role Play community took asunder around 2013.

That is why you most likely will not see walk up role play or see it.. or hear anything about it much anymore. I surely miss it too. I remember the days when the realm was buzzing and alive with it every where....but alas... I just want you to know. That right now... Role Play is pretty dead and will remain so until some one -somewhere wants to invest in resuscitating it again.