good 1v1 class for war mode (besides rogues)

Battlegrounds
Warlock just aren't fun in war mode lol, suggestions?
Ret (self heals), bubble, etc.

Personally I enjoy boomy (or Druid in general) and as a nelf I have smeld - travel form or prowl to escape most anything.

If solo, anything with self heals and/or escapability.
Tanks in general, ret feral, rogue, disc priest all good in 1v1s oh and bm and survival hunter.
Pretty much anything except for warlock or elemental shaman.. they seem to get wrecked hard, I’ve seen every class in bgs do well except for them.
I have not been killed in war mode as a lock so far, many have tried but I knock them all down.
08/18/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Demoniclily
I have not been killed in war mode as a lock so far, many have tried but I knock them all down.

I’m sure there are great warlocks that exist out there but it seems like their kit is not very accomodating to war mode with all of the hard casts they have to do, unless you’re zerging then of course warlocks can do well, but so can any other class. Warlocks and elemental shamans are the mushrooms right now in the “rock, paper, scissors” pvp meta.

I wish warlocks were more like the MoP ones with KJ cunning or w/e it was called.. they need to be able to cast on the move and kite better without so much setup. Same goes for ele shamans, I miss how you could pop cooldowns back in the day and burn someone down. Now all they can do is provide honor for the other faction.

Best war mode classes in order would be: rogue -> hunter/disc priest/boomie/ret/enh sham/fury warrior. Other classes need a buff I think for solo pvp.

Edit: Frost mages are also strong as hell.
Wow before reading this I would have put Locks close to the Top of best classes. Glad I read this and now know they are bad.....The ones I have seen have been incredible. A few god like. Maybe we should just let things play out a little longer.
To vs rogues in warmode, SV hunter probably the best.

Mending bandage nullifies most of assassin damage. Focus on kiting the others.
feral 1 v 1
Ret has many tools and still have no penalty bubble. If you're a masochist, play ele shaman while every melee will kill you with all their gap closers. Though i have killed melee by luring them into a lake or any deep water and kiting them with water walking as they are forced to swim. The only way to actually kill melee.
08/18/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Markomir
Pretty much anything except for warlock or elemental shaman.. they seem to get wrecked hard, I’ve seen every class in bgs do well except for them.
Enhancement actually does really well from my experience. If it's not their self heals, it's their burst. Probably the only class I'm actually wary of besides druids.

As for the OP, I personally enjoy my hunter. I've been using a Spirit Beast for War Mode because the Spirit Mend ability is good again, plus being a tenacity pet, we get the damage reduction buffs to boot. Also we get flares, traps, and pets to screw with rogues, so that could be what you're looking for.
Just putting this out there: definitely not demon hunter. Every class I fight seems to have way more CC and defensives than I do, and just pop them whenever we fight and I remain helpless until death, often I don't even get to follow-up my dark slash with anything, or I'll just be CC'd until I'm out of my metamorph, but rogues can just stand there in my face with chain popping all their defensives and I can directly beat on them with both dark slash debuff on and the damage buff from one of my charges in metamorph, and it still isn't enough to outdamage them before they burst me dead.

Its super dumb, if they weren't going to complete the classes to balance things before the game launched, then they shouldn't have implemented war mode at all until the classes were ready.
Go demo on your warlock and you can handle most people 1v1... Only thing to give me any issue so far as demo was a disc priest.. and that was admittedly a buttwhuppin because I couldn't even hurt him enough to set up a real kill attempt..
Survival. Good CC/Good control/Ranged Melee hybrid/Good damage/Dwarfs are cool.
08/18/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Fayara
Just putting this out there: definitely not demon hunter. Every class I fight seems to have way more CC and defensives than I do, and just pop them whenever we fight and I remain helpless until death, often I don't even get to follow-up my dark slash with anything, or I'll just be CC'd until I'm out of my metamorph, but rogues can just stand there in my face with chain popping all their defensives and I can directly beat on them with both dark slash debuff on and the damage buff from one of my charges in metamorph, and it still isn't enough to outdamage them before they burst me dead.

Its super dumb, if they weren't going to complete the classes to balance things before the game launched, then they shouldn't have implemented war mode at all until the classes were ready.

DH with no cooldowns up feel really weak from what iv'e played.
BM hunter. Basilisk, hawk, crows, stampede, sick pet and dance around tar trap as they die.
08/20/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Laserbear
BM hunter

08/19/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Toiletstore
Survival

08/18/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Apollokai
feral

Outside of rogue, I vote these 3.
All the complaining about how strong disc is and not one suggestion. I'm appalled.

Someone kiting you got you down? just use your bubble and get back in range with a 3 sec. sprint and annoy them to no end!

Someone kiting you got you down and the fight taking too long? run to warrior questing and holy grip his !@# into battle!

Let your imagination be your guide!
Enhancement has amazing self healing and damage, I would highly recommend it. With the Swelling Waves PvP talent you heal for a quarter of your life with an instant cast heal.
08/20/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Lightspark
All the complaining about how strong disc is and not one suggestion. I'm appalled.

Someone kiting you got you down? just use your bubble and get back in range with a 3 sec. sprint and annoy them to no end!

Someone kiting you got you down and the fight taking too long? run to warrior questing and holy grip his !@# into battle!

Let your imagination be your guide!

I ran bear tank solo all through Legion. I was unkillable in world pvp and very hard to kill in BGs. However it wasnt fun for me or anyone I was fighting. My guess is disc is the same right now.