How do you get pets from Expeditions???

Pet Battles
I have yet to get anything from any expedition other than a tiny bit of azerite...
They are rare rewards. Supposedly, the higher difficulty, the more likely they drop.

It is a terrible system. They should have made them purchased with the doubloons.
My 3 man group ran about 20 island expeditions over the weekend. Ranging from Normal - Heroic - PvP versions. Only lost once. So lets call it 20 x 3 in terms of individual drops for winning. 60 individual rolls and I was the only one that received a pet. I got the Poro birb. Every other drop was just azerite or sometimes dubloons.

The rewards really need to be addressed. They are fun but not fun enough for those bad azerite rewards. Even as Nelaphim said, give us at least a fallback currency to be able to grab some stuff with.
08/20/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Spectre
The rewards really need to be addressed. They are fun but not fun enough for those bad azerite rewards. Even as Nelaphim said, give us at least a fallback currency to be able to grab some stuff with.

This would be nice. Say, let us buy the pets/mounts with the dubloons as well as the possibility of them dropping. The three things you can buy with the dubloons are very underwhelming as is.
I received a little fawn pet after I had ran roughly 8-9 Heroics and then 6 completed Mythics this morning.

Once you learn how to properly play the Island Expeditions it becomes quite easy. It got to the point where we were beating the AI when they had roughly 3,500 azerite collected at the end out of 12,000. If they don't scale with gear the will become very easy for many people to farm. Granted the drop rate is somewhat low I'm not sure we have enough information yet to decide if it needs a buff or not.
Ive been lucky I guess I got the octopode fry and Poro first week just on heroics
I got a pink Octopode Fry yesterday at the end of one of many many random normal island expeditions.
08/18/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Aayah
I have yet to get anything from any expedition other than a tiny bit of azerite...

Luck and run a lot of them - I have run about 15 and got one pet - my friend probably close to 75 and has two pets.
How many pets drop from island expeditions?
28 - there's an achievement for looting them all - I'm here for the pets.

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=13128/im-here-for-the-pets
Several of them cannot be traded, so enjoy the RNG-Grind!
08/24/2018 05:00 AMPosted by Nelaphim

Yeah my GF really wanted that achievement but with the current drop rates I don't see her getting it until 2025 unless she stops doing all other content lol
08/24/2018 05:00 AMPosted by Nelaphim

Oo so that's why I still have never seen a Captain Nibs on the AH. RIP, I'll never get it
There may be a currently hidden criteria which will give a better chance at each pet dropping. Let's say a specific type of map with a specific type of mob. Something to that effect.
I've ran about 30-35 between my two 120s. Doing a variety of normal, heroic, and finally just pure mythics.

I've seen one pet. Out of the people I run with no one else has gotten anything.

The drop rate is too low.
I've been doing expeditions now on this toon. My 120 DK isn't too hot at this, but my Shaman is lighting up the enemy mobs like the Fourth of July.

This is weird, because I must be missing something. No new Factions have opened up for me, and I cannot see World Quests at this level. I don't remember having this problem on my DK.

Still, I can keep doing Expeditions. They're lots of fun. And the teams that I'm on win mostly. Every once in a great while, I get a group that doesn't seem to get it. They'd rather stand around doing nothing as they contemplate their next move.

Ugh! Just find a rare or elite and kill it. Don't just do nothing.
I got scuttle on my 5th one I did first week I was able too...nothing else since then...done them for two weeks complete now till later today for reset.
Do you need to win to be eligible for these drops?
Bags are random drops from completing the Island Expedition. Pets are random loot in the bags.
08/28/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Neall
Bags are random drops from completing the Island Expedition. Pets are random loot in the bags.

I've only had one pet drop so far, and it didn't come from a bag. The bags rewarded at the end have only contained doubloons for me. The pet came at the end by itself and looted directly to my bag.