PVP scaling catastrophically broken

War Mode and World PvP
1 2 3 10 Next
The current PVP scaling is not only catastrophically broken but it is corrupted and being abused. In no setting especially in a PVP setting should a level 110 to 115 actively target and attack a level 120. Once engaged in combat the 110 is almost an equal standing with the 120 even doing considerable damage to him or her this is not only broken system but whole the point of the scaling was to protect lower level players while they quested not give them free pass to attack capped level people no punitive damage. if this was case what was the point of having us level to 120 why not keep the cap at 110... If you are going to have 110's as aggressors and not defenders then the system is being abused this needs to end. I suggest keeping the altering the system and adding debuff for players 110s who gank a level 120 that removes the scaling in their favor or removing scaling all together.

I do not seek and attack players who lower levels then me nor I am advocating ganking lowbies but if Blizzard place a defensive tool for leveling characters it should be used in a defensive manner not in an offensive manner.

Level 120 Alliance and Horde have respect for each especially when it comes to PVP combat this is cheapen when you have level 110's abusing the PVP scaling system.

I suggest everyone open a ticket under suggestion option and tell Blizzard to fix the catastrophically broken PVP scaling system that is being abused.
Upset that lower level characters have the temerity to attack you, eh? If you don't want to be attacked, turn warmode off.
08/19/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Yarrow
If you don't want to be attacked, turn warmode off.

Not the point of the post.
I don't gank, I just don't think someone so far below should stand a chance if they try to initiate combat. It's one of the dumbest changes they could have implemented.
08/19/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Xadie
Yarrow is a clueless troll playing on a brand new account. Report him as a troll, disregard anything he says and move along imo.

Nah Yarrow is prob just enjoying WPVP, at the very least that seems to be a fact.
08/19/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Yarrow
Upset that lower level characters have the temerity to attack you, eh? If you don't want to be attacked, turn warmode off.

It honestly has nothing to do with the fact that low levels can attack level 120s. It has to do with the fact that level 120s are punished just for leveling to max and gearing up, since lower levels are stronger than them.

The problem is exactly that, nothing else. It has to do with how the scaling calculations work, and how they give the advantage to lower levels.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Yarrow is a clueless troll playing on a brand new account. Report him as a troll, disregard anything he says and move along imo.

Yup. I got my "of the Alliance" in three months.

Whereas you took, what, 10 years to get to 1/3 warbear? Don't worry, in another 20 years, you'll probably get the other two Alliance faction leaders you need. It explains why your PVP information is outdated, though.

Lol, what's really funny is that out of all my achieves you choose the one I have never cared about.
08/19/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Cornstalker
08/19/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Xadie

Nah Yarrow is prob just enjoying WPVP, at the very least that seems to be a fact

That I am. Well, except for getting ganked by rogues. Fortunately, only half of them can kill me, due to the other half being on the same faction as me.

I'm not sure about battlegrounds, though. Speaking of scaling, I got one shot twice by 120s in Isle of Conquest today, once by a 50k dagger throw - okay, I was down 5k to start, I have 54k health - and the other time from full by a 55k leap of some sort. Still, we won, so I guess that was okay. Kind of puts the lie to the idea that scaling is too strong, though.
08/19/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Yarrow
That I am.

Well I'm glad! me too. Im sitting here afk with a bounty come get some LOL
You wouldn't of liked Classic. I've had 40s-50s manage to kill level 60's before. A good Hunter or good mage can kite you endlessly.
08/19/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Cyraaxt
The current PVP scaling is not only catastrophically broken but it is corrupted and being abused. In no setting especially in a PVP setting should a level 110 to 115 actively target and attack a level 120. Once engaged in combat the 110 is almost an equal standing with the 120 even doing considerable damage to him

Are you seriously complaining that a lower level player provides a challenge in WPvP?

Everytime I see someone complaining about this, it just feels like youre argument is just a bunch of mental gymnastics to avoid saying "I want to one shot low level players". I WPvP to try to find exciting and challengeling fights(while avoiding tanks).
08/19/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Yarrow
Yup. I got my "of the Alliance" in three months.

No you didn't, decided to check and I should of known. Another lie, more bs.
The people defending this system that's in place now crack me up after today. I replied to a post like this earlier and had multiple people tell me the game is fine, and things are even. That low lvl's dont have any advantage whatsoever. So I took the time to log onto a 110 I had stashed away for a rainy day. Me and a buddy of mine just spent the past 3 hours farming 120s only dying if we were up again 4 or more, and usually we came out on top there. I've died 3 times in the past 3 hours and got my buddy his achieve for "The Horde Slayer" as a 2man squad.

As fun as it is, the scaling as it is now is broken. Period.
08/19/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Yarrow
08/19/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Cornstalker
Nah Yarrow is prob just enjoying WPVP, at the very least that seems to be a fact

That I am. Well, except for getting ganked by rogues. Fortunately, only half of them can kill me, due to the other half being on the same faction as me.

I'm not sure about battlegrounds, though. Speaking of scaling, I got one shot twice by 120s in Isle of Conquest today, once by a 50k dagger throw - okay, I was down 5k to start, I have 54k health - and the other time from full by a 55k leap of some sort. Still, we won, so I guess that was okay. Kind of puts the lie to the idea that scaling is too strong, though.

you are so full of crap. I want to see some evidence
It’s funny and ironic that the only people that are complaining about the scaling are people that absolutely suck at pvp. No one that is half decent would complain about losing to another person in an equal setting.

Turn war mode off, go to the practise dummy then come back when you’ve learnt your rotation.
08/20/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Runecrossbow
It’s funny and ironic that the only people that are complaining about the scaling are people that absolutely suck at pvp. No one that is half decent would complain about losing to another person in an equal setting.

Turn war mode off, go to the practise dummy then come back when you’ve learnt your rotation.

So, does that mean Venruki sucks at PvP? He's a gladiator.
08/20/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Alphon
08/20/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Runecrossbow

So, does that mean Venruki sucks at PvP? He's a gladiator.

Yeah man, everyone who complains about the scaling must suck at the game! It has nothing to do with having 30% rating on your best stat at 120 vs the 54% you had when you were a lower level.

Nope, it's completely a l2p issue.

If the scaling wasn't equal, you would see 110s hunting down 120s but you don't see that.

The scaling is perfect and there are no flaws in it.