PVP scaling catastrophically broken

War Mode and World PvP
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Actually, I was getting healed just fine. Never had my spirit mend removed. Like I said, they were bad. But it really didn't matter because they out geared me to an extent that made skill irrelevant.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=132444/prydaz-xavarics-magnum-opus I'm sorry, they don't have that bubble? Jeez, c'mon man I missed the entirety of Legion and even I know about that necklace. The fact is, low levels are stronger than they're suppose to be. A blue has commented about how they're looking to fix it. So even they accept there's a problem, even if you don't. So why don't you step off your high horse before you get dismounted.

And what's rated play have to do with World PvP? It's a totally different animals when you can't hide behind your pocket healer or have someone peeling for you or have a group to hide behind. But then again, I doubt you're brave enough to leave town alone with a flag on. So I guess can't really expect someone who never 1vsX to understand much on this topic.
08/21/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Runecrossbow
13/114s don’t have access to a 25% hp bubble every 30 seconds, where are you getting your information from?

[/quote]
A 113/114 can still use Prydaz from legion if they choose instead of their heart of azeroth. It is indeed a 25% max hp bubble every 30 seconds.

I lose 300 stat points if I equip my Prdaz instead of my Heart of Azeroth at 114, which significantly drops those secondary stats people keep talking about.

Even without that, the 25% bubble doesn't make up for the fact that the 120 has a health pool 100% larger than mine.
Why is this even a point of contest? It'll last what, another 2 or 3 weeks and most will be max lvl. Not only that, but it's not like people are going to keep their characters a low level just so they can go around ganking people in world pvp.
08/22/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Fligmos
Why is this even a point of contest? It'll last what, another 2 or 3 weeks and most will be max lvl. Not only that, but it's not like people are going to keep their characters a low level just so they can go around ganking people in world pvp.

That would be like level locking a lvl 19/29/39/etc character simply to twink them out and pvp. Nobody would ever do such a thing. Especially not if it gave them an advantage. That kind of thing is absolutely unheard of in a game like WoW.
Your secondary stats aren't the issue. Here's your scaling in action right here. It's literally shrinking down the damage done by one party and inflating the damage of the other.

https://imgur.com/a/NNRoPPo

This mechanic right here is why 99% of the time a 112 in questing gear will roflstomp a mythic geared 120
08/19/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Yarrow
Upset that lower level characters have the temerity to attack you, eh? If you don't want to be attacked, turn warmode off.

God shut up.

How about we just improve warmode to be better? I toggle warmode on to actually participate in PvP. Not mindless gankfests.

110-119's shouldn't get any scaling if they are the aggressor. Period. If a 120 wants to try his luck that's on him, but in no world should the 120 be running away in fear from a lower level player and treating it like a raid boss.

Speaking of defensive buffs I think Blizzard should take a note out of Bethesda's book. Giving players who are being attacked like 90% damage reduction until they counter the engagement. This way both parties are mutual participants in PvP and this isn't some opportunistic gank.

Or if Blizzard wants to use scaling technology why not make it so that if a group of 5 players "tags" a solo player who has no friendlies in a X yard radius around him. You can x2 x3 x4 or x5 his health/damage (depending on how many aggressors there are, just like how a rare NPC scales except including more stats than health) and halve the effects of CC on the outnumbered player.

At least give the other side a fighting chance to compete. Then you'll have a proper warmode.

Another thing I'd add is to make flightmasters very aggressive npc's. If they're in combat, or if they're killed, then when you fly to one your taxi mount will airdrop you into the area similar to that new BG. Giving you 3 rocket boosts, the ability to pick a direction, and a parachute/glider to find a new landing zone.

This way people can't just cheese the PvP weekly quest and camp a flightmaster for 10 effortless kills. This way you're actually forcing players to pvp for the pvp quests.
I don't understand why this point is even being contested?

As world pvp stands right now... I feel like I stand a way better shot at fighting a level 120 character than a 110-115 version of the same class.
When I'm out questing it feels as though in almost every situation where I've been attacked first it has been by a low level character.

I don't think that this needs to be changed because we need to make it easier for a high level character to kill a low level one.
I think that it needs to be changed because this expansion feels like gaining levels is just punishing.
Even if 'I' am the low level character I don't think that it makes sense that I should be able to kill someone at max level wearing mythic dungeon gear.
08/22/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Fligmos

Oh, people would definitely do it if it actually gave an advantage. I know one person who was planning to lock at level 70 with level 70 gladiator gear back when it looked like level was going to be fully scaled, just to avoid having to grind for gear again.

The fact that people like that are now 120 or leveling toward it is proof enough that being higher level is an advantage, not a disadvantage.
I’m loving this system. You guys are just mad lowbies can fight back. I’m having a blast right now. All I see here is entitlement
08/22/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Crocelle
08/19/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Yarrow
Upset that lower level characters have the temerity to attack you, eh? If you don't want to be attacked, turn warmode off.

God shut up.

How about we just improve warmode to be better? I toggle warmode on to actually participate in PvP. Not mindless gankfests.

The majority of world PVP is in fact "mindless gankfests". Don't like it, turn off warmode.

At least give the other side a fighting chance to compete.

That's exactly what scaling does right now. Higher levels still have the advantage, but they don't have the autowin that some here want them to have.
I'm ilvl 337 and I almost won against a disc lvl 111 today, obviously i was the one being attacked.
I lost against a fury 116 as well, he finish with half his life at the end.

It feel dumb but I wasn't surprised. And no I don't think I play that bad to be humiliated like that.
08/22/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Skinsow
I'm ilvl 337 and I almost won against a disc lvl 111 today, obviously i was the one being attacked.
I lost against a fury 116 as well, he finish with half his life at the end.

It feel dumb but I wasn't surprised. And no I don't think I play that bad to be humiliated like that.

Fury is supposed to be the solo pvp spec for warriors, I find it much funner than arms because of its self heals and simplicity, that and you don't need a pocket healer to be as effective. They are also pretty tough to peel and solo kill in arenas as a healer because of their constant self heals.
Exactly people are upset that they can be killed by a lower level. Then turn off war mode and don’t participate. These 120s feel they should be entitled to one shotting lowbies. Go gank people in stv then. Right now everyone can participate in the fun of world pvp. This is great. 120s can still kill me by *gasp* playing better not hitting one button and laughing as they camp you now. This is such a refreshing change. World pvp is back and more fun than ever.

What is funny about all this overreaction to lowbies fighting back is that as progression happens you will move further away from them. So if you can’t deal with a fair fight turn off war mode till you get mythics. Nothing is broken. The system is working as intended. Some people here just can’t handle actually having to work for a kill. If it’s too much for you group up then and start a war party. This is a bunch if nothing to me
Imagine being proud of Of the Horde in 2018.
I'm not especially upset, like I said I wasn't surprised. It's not like it happened every day. When it does happen, I just go away or keep questing or trying to get revenge.

I never got gank at all by low lvl. It just doesn't feel right/weird to lose like that on a dual.

I never removed warmode so far and never will. I really think WM is great.
08/22/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Skinsow

I never removed warmode so far and never will. I really think WM is great.

As alliance that's saying something, because you can have a fight next to many warmode alliance people and they will keep on questing/fishing/picking flowers, etc and not even get involved with helping you out..
In no way should it be more viable to do wpvp as a lvl 114 over a 120 . I stand a good chance against fighting a ganking 120 rogue. However the level 114 rogue who was ganking me and a few others I stood no chance against last night. This is absurd and busted. I am not sure what gear level you would need right now to overcome the scaling in a 120s favor.
08/22/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Bishop
I’m loving this system. You guys are just mad lowbies can fight back. I’m having a blast right now. All I see here is entitlement

lol the irony of this post, Blizzard is actually catering to casuals with scaling. It won't last long though since they are working on a fix to scaling.

The best players in the game don't agree with you or the idea of scaling, you going to call them bad as well. Are they entitled?

08/22/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Bishop
What is funny about all this overreaction to lowbies fighting back is that as progression happens you will move further away from them. So if you can’t deal with a fair fight turn off war mode till you get mythics. Nothing is broken. The system is working as intended. Some people here just can’t handle actually having to work for a kill. If it’s too much for you group up then and start a war party. This is a bunch if nothing to me

You are ignorant to what is actually happening with scaling, it's annoying seeing players like you call other's bad. Is this player bad?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudPiercingEggOhMyDog

The system is not working as intended and Blizzard has addressed this and are working on a fix, the player in that clip is lvl120 with 331 ilvl vs a 116 druid in greens. I also think it's amusing that you stated wpvp is fair, it's not. It's not meant to be, the scaling however at the moment favors lower levels then players at 120 in mythic gear due to secondary stats being much higher.
This casual nooblord 117 shaman killed me yesterday just because he used his cooldowns and I didn't.

Broken amirite?
08/22/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Xadie
08/22/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Bishop

lol the irony of this post, Blizzard is actually catering to casuals with scaling. It won't last long though since they are working on a fix to scaling.

The best players in the game don't agree with you or the idea of scaling, you going to call them bad as well. Are they entitled?

Also, BM Hunter lol...

You mad cause bad bro? Or you mad cause some streamer told you to be mad? Which is it? Can’t tell from this drivel