PVP scaling catastrophically broken

War Mode and World PvP
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
08/22/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Bishop
You mad cause bad bro? Or you mad cause some streamer told you to be mad? Which is it? Can’t tell from this drivel

I'm better than you, I'm not intimidated by some 1550 BM Huntard who backpedals while his pets carry him. R1 streamers have merit to how they feel about the game, I wouldn't call them "some streamer" and if multiple of them have issues with how scaling works and see a problem guess what? There is a problem and Blizzard has noticed this as well. You're delusional.

I don't expect much from a BM player though, you playing BM tells me what I need to know about your intellect.
08/22/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Xadie

I'm better than you

Just wanted an instant replay.
08/22/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Xadie
08/22/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Bishop
You mad cause bad bro? Or you mad cause some streamer told you to be mad? Which is it? Can’t tell from this drivel

I'm better than you, I'm not intimidated by some 1550 BM Huntard who backpedals while his pets carry him. R1 streamers have merit to how they feel about the game, I wouldn't call them "some streamer" and if multiple of them have issues with how scaling works and see a problem guess what? There is a problem and Blizzard has noticed this as well. You're delusional.

I don't expect much from a BM player though, you playing BM tells me what I need to know about your intellect.

Your reply says a lot more worse things about you than me. I’d explain how you playing yourself right now but I really don’t care lol
08/22/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Bishop
Your reply says a lot more worse things about you than me. I’d explain how you playing yourself right now but I really don’t care lol

This sentence, lol. BM Hunter speech.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Yup. I got my "of the Alliance" in three months.

08/20/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Xadie
No you didn't, decided to check and I should of known. Another lie, more bs

It's right there underneath my name on my Armory page. Maybe you checked while I had it turned off?

I'll leave it on full time for the next 24 hours just for you.

I thought you were talking about the achievement "For the Alliance" since you were making a comparison to an achievement I didn't have. That's not how the word "whereas" is used for future's sake. You don't bring up one achievement and compare it to another, whereas would be more like this.

I have "The Bloodthirsty" title for 250k honor kills whereas you only have "Of the Alliance" for 100k honor kills. In which case, I got my "Of the Horde" a decade ago. It doesn't show it since that achievement is replaced with "The Bloodthirsty."

As for my faction leader kills, never cared about killing some NPC. Weird comparison on your part though.
08/22/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Montolo
08/22/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Skinsow
I'm ilvl 337 and I almost won against a disc lvl 111 today, obviously i was the one being attacked.
I lost against a fury 116 as well, he finish with half his life at the end.

It feel dumb but I wasn't surprised. And no I don't think I play that bad to be humiliated like that.

Fury is supposed to be the solo pvp spec for warriors, I find it much funner than arms because of its self heals and simplicity, that and you don't need a pocket healer to be as effective. They are also pretty tough to peel and solo kill in arenas as a healer because of their constant self heals.

I have no doubt about that, however, I just answering this now after a thing who happened just now.

I just left victorious of a 2vs1 against two fury warrior 120, so I reckon something is not right about losing easily against a 116.

Anyway... let's move on
Quick update --

We're preparing a hotfix to go live soon which will widen the power gap a bit between players between 110 to 120. This means that, for example, a 120 will be stronger against a 115 after the hotfix than they are on live today.

Regarding lower level players being stronger at a lower level than they would be at max level, we haven't found that to be the case. (Though to be fair, that was regretfully the case in some situations in beta and on live because of bugs.)

In the case of Venruki, we loaded both characters internally and tested the scenario (exact spell sequences, etc.) with his Druid opponent at max level with gear the same iLevel as his Mage. Venruki would still of lost in that scenario if the Druid was at the same level and iLevel as him, so it is not a scaling issue between players of different levels but perhaps something else (1v1 class balance, item choices, etc.).
Actually, the PvP scaling changes are now live. We'll continue to monitor things and make changes where necessary. Thanks everyone.
08/22/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Phalanx
Quick update --

We're preparing a hotfix to go live soon which will widen the power gap a bit between players between 110 to 120. This means that, for example, a 120 will be stronger against a 115 after the hotfix than they are on live today.

Regarding lower level players being stronger at a lower level than they would be at max level, we haven't found that to be the case. (Though to be fair, that was regretfully the case in some situations in beta and on live because of bugs.)

In the case of Venruki, we loaded both characters internally and tested the scenario (exact spell sequences, etc.) with his Druid opponent at max level with gear the same iLevel as his Mage. Venruki would still of lost in that scenario if the Druid was at the same level and iLevel as him, so it is not a scaling issue between players of different levels but perhaps something else (1v1 class balance, item choices, etc.).

Thanks for the update.
Quick update --

Roasted.
WE MUST AVENGE VENRUKI! WE MUST DESTROY ALL ALLIANCE BOOMKINS!!

FOR THE HORDE
WE MUST AVENGE VENRUKI! WE MUST DESTROY ALL ALLIANCE!!

FOR THE HORDE

I fixed that for you.

Can you please upload the video of this sim?
08/22/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Phalanx
Actually, the PvP scaling changes are now live. We'll continue to monitor things and make changes where necessary. Thanks everyone.

Any chance we could get a brief rundown on how the scaling works (not just wpvp, but ilvls in instances too)?

I'm not expecting you to paste the whole function or anything, but some ball park figures would help. EG, how much of a stat difference is there between ilvls now during the normalization roll, and is health/damage scaling between levels a straight lerp, or is on a curve?
Venruki would still of lost...

of: expressing the relationship between a part and a whole.

have: experience; undergo.

Pobody's nerfect, but it's bad enough seeing that typo in quest text on live. :(
Regarding lower level players being stronger at a lower level than they would be at max level, we haven't found that to be the case.

It doesn't matter if they WOULD or WOULD NOT have been stronger at a different level. They ARE NOT that level and SHOULD NOT be scaled to such. If a level 110 Warrior can Mortal Strike for 10k on a 30k HP target, then they should 10k on a 100k HP target. If a level 120 Warrior can Mortal Strike for 30k on a 100k Target then they should be able to 30k on a 30k HP target.

SCALING SHOULD NOT EXIST OUTSIDE OF CONTROLLED PVP ENVIRONMENTS.

Why is this impossible for people comprehend? NO WPvP Scaling, NO PvE Scaling, NO ilvl Scaling. STOP SCALING THE GAME.

Moderator - Edited for language.
I think the thing people are missing is that a lot of the 110s you encounter may be fully decked out in mythic antorus gear with set bonus and legendaries. Basically wearing 116 gear with several extra buffs, so of course they're going to be a bit stronger than early gearing at 120. Personally, I think that's fine.

My concern is that as we get further in the expansion, are there any plans to separate mac level characters from those still leveling? If there's a horde WQ in Drustvar near a main story quest, you either have to go turn warmode off, try to phase out, or just hope they don't notice you long enough to move on.
08/22/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Venruki
Quick update --

Roasted.

When they ask if you're ok, but you say that you're fine because you just can't get into it.
08/22/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Maryannmarie
Venruki would still of lost...

of: expressing the relationship between a part and a whole.

have: experience; undergo.

Pobody's nerfect, but it's bad enough seeing that typo in quest text on live. :(

!@#$ off m8 go back to twitter with that %^-*