Will this PC run WoW on Ultra?

General Discussion
I'm trying to build a PC that will run WoW on Ultra and get steady FPS.

A friend reccomended IBuyPower as a website to build it on.

This is what i'm looking at so far:

ComponentsSoftware / AccessoriesServices / Support

Case ::iBUYPOWER Element Front and Side Tempered Glass Gaming Case - 3x Red LED Ring Fans

LED Fan Lighting ::Default Case Fan

Processor ::Intel® Core™ i5-8600K Processor (6x 3.60GHz/9MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i5-8600K

Processor Cooling ::Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling System - Free Upgrade to DEEPCOOL Captain 120EX (Standard 120mm Fan)

Memory ::8 GB MEMORY

Storage ::1 TB HARD DRIVE

Video Card ::NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 6GB (VR-Ready) - MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ARMOR OC

Motherboard ::ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING -- Aura RGB, 2x PCIe x16, 2x USB 3.1 Gen2, 2x USB 3.1 Gen1, 2x USB 2.0 [Intel Optane Ready]

Power Supply ::650 Watt - Seasonic FOCUS SSR-650FM 80 PLUS Gold, Semi Modular

Network Card ::Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

INCLUDED ::KB + MICE INCLUDED

INCLUDED ::WINDOWS INCLUDED

INCLUDED ::WARRANTY INCLUDED

Sorry i just copied and pasted but i don't really know that much about building my own PC.

I have a laptop that i can run WoW on Ultra, for the most part, but i sputter in large cities and large open enviroments with crazy FPS drops at times.

WoW is the only PC game i play.

Here is the full link to the page where you can view the PC i'm thinking about.

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Ranger-EZB102?easybuilder

Thank you for any and all help and i apologize for my complete lack of knowledge on this stuff.
Yup!
Debatable. You're running a lower end GTX, and have only 8 GB of memory. If you plan on running at 1080p, maybe you can get away with max settings. Anything higher, no a chance in hell.
If you don't plan on going higher than 1080p, you may be able to pull off ultra without too many framerate penalties.
Get an SSD as well, and you will be golden. Check out the hardware forums and they can give you more helpful advice.
yeah so long as you dont go above 1080

also as stated above get an SSD unless you love loading sceens
I was going to go with the i5 8600k but I went with the ryzen 2600x instead and 16 gb ddr4 ram at 3000 MHz

No Computer especially in huge crowded city or raid with a lot going on is going to be perfect. WoW is not very efficient for modern day processors and still runs off single core performance I believe. That being said it will be smooth and very playable with your system setup and should get you high graphical performance at 7 or greater.

I tend to keep mine at 7 since anything greater seems to really stress the system
I just built a new PC a week ago. Parts here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DKkpmq

Yes, I can crank up the graphics to 10 on the in-game slider and the game looks stunning, but the fps drops when panning the camera or moving my character are still there. Not in all areas, but the drops are there, resulting in some choppiness at times. I get very smooth gameplay without the fps drops at 7, without the choppiness.

That said, I am extremely sensitive to fps drops, which cause me eyestrain—the choppiness makes my eyes feel like they're vibrating in my head, and it's gotten worse in Legion and now in BfA. YMMV on that.

Here's a great site that I found when I was trying to decide what to build:

http://www.logicalincrements.com/games/wow

Good luck!

P.S. Building your own PC isn't hard and will save you $$. You'll know exactly what parts you're getting (and you won't get all the bloatware programs that you will typically get preinstalled on a purchased build). Even with places where you can choose your components and "build" your own system, they will sometimes not specify the brand of components that they'll use. I noticed that particularly on the memory modules. I'd never built a PC, but I did it in just a few hours without any issues at all. NewEgg has a couple of good step-by-step videos about how to do it. :-)
I'm using a Ryzen 3 oc to 3.7, 16gb of 3000 ram, and a 1050ti. I can run at 1080 on ultra with no issues. I'd think your selections would be more than enough if you're running at 1080.
08/20/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Amanojaku
Debatable. You're running a lower end GTX, and have only 8 GB of memory. If you plan on running at 1080p, maybe you can get away with max settings. Anything higher, no a chance in hell.

Only 8GB RAM? That is plenty. That is the recommended amount from Blizzard, not even the minimum.

I can run BfA on my work laptop on ultra and it only has 2GB of video memory and none being borrowed from RAM.

Running a 1070 with 8GB of video memory and have it beyond ultra and getting 100+ FPS. A 1060 with 6GB will crush the game.

An unlocked i5? Will do great.

Only thing I would change is the HDD to an SDD but that is just load times, in the few times the game actually needs to do a load sequence.

Here are the system requirements:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/137431
08/20/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Elaster
I was going to go with the i5 8600k but I went with the ryzen 2600x instead and 16 gb ddr4 ram at 3000 MHz

No Computer especially in huge crowded city or raid with a lot going on is going to be perfect. WoW is not very efficient for modern day processors and still runs off single core performance I believe. That being said it will be smooth and very playable with your system setup and should get you high graphical performance at 7 or greater.

I tend to keep mine at 7 since anything greater seems to really stress the system

Yeah I'm running with a 1080ti 16 gigs of ram and an i7-8700k and really crowded areas will cause my fps to plummet to around 55-60fps when there are a lot of people in one area with all settings maxed. My monitor is 2560x1080 too. I felt like I got better performance in ESO.
08/20/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Oppaisan
Yeah I'm running with a 1080ti 16 gigs of ram and an i7-8700k and really crowded areas will cause my fps to plummet to around 55-60fps when there are a lot of people in one area with all settings maxed.

First, I wouldn't call 60FPS a plummet.

Also, you need to turn up your max FPS sliders for foreground and background, that is why it is throttling down in crowded areas.

Your PC can handle this game running 4 times windowed on the same screen.
1080 p on ultra yep 40-100 FPS on BfA the rest of expacs you will cheese it.
08/20/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Edelodin
08/20/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Oppaisan
Yeah I'm running with a 1080ti 16 gigs of ram and an i7-8700k and really crowded areas will cause my fps to plummet to around 55-60fps when there are a lot of people in one area with all settings maxed.

First, I wouldn't call 60FPS a plummet.

Also, you need to turn up your max FPS sliders for foreground and background, that is why it is throttling down in crowded areas.

Your PC can handle this game running 4 times windowed on the same screen.

I have my fps sliders turned up to 144 which is the refresh rate of my monitor. And yes, I get 144fps in most areas, but crowded areas are where I start to see huge drops like that. And 60fps when you've been running in the mid 100's is quite noticeable.
If you're running at 1080p then probably if you're wanting 1440p or 4k (and you should especially if you're building a new pc) then you want a 1070ti or 1080/1080ti.

Though I run at 1440p and have gotten pretty good results with an rx 580.
I am super happy with my ryzen 2600x. I could crank the graphics up to 10 but like another poster said you get moving framerates and not the butter smooth gameplay like at graphics settings on 7.

I am hoping the system will rock doom eternal when it comes out.
08/20/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Maiari
I'm trying to build a PC that will run WoW on Ultra and get steady FPS.

A friend reccomended IBuyPower as a website to build it on.

This is what i'm looking at so far:

ComponentsSoftware / AccessoriesServices / Support

Case ::iBUYPOWER Element Front and Side Tempered Glass Gaming Case - 3x Red LED Ring Fans

LED Fan Lighting ::Default Case Fan

Processor ::Intel® Core™ i5-8600K Processor (6x 3.60GHz/9MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i5-8600K

Processor Cooling ::Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling System - Free Upgrade to DEEPCOOL Captain 120EX (Standard 120mm Fan)

Memory ::8 GB MEMORY

Storage ::1 TB HARD DRIVE

Video Card ::NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 6GB (VR-Ready) - MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ARMOR OC

Motherboard ::ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING -- Aura RGB, 2x PCIe x16, 2x USB 3.1 Gen2, 2x USB 3.1 Gen1, 2x USB 2.0 [Intel Optane Ready]

Power Supply ::650 Watt - Seasonic FOCUS SSR-650FM 80 PLUS Gold, Semi Modular

Network Card ::Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

INCLUDED ::KB + MICE INCLUDED

INCLUDED ::WINDOWS INCLUDED

INCLUDED ::WARRANTY INCLUDED

Sorry i just copied and pasted but i don't really know that much about building my own PC.

I have a laptop that i can run WoW on Ultra, for the most part, but i sputter in large cities and large open enviroments with crazy FPS drops at times.

WoW is the only PC game i play.

Here is the full link to the page where you can view the PC i'm thinking about.

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Ranger-EZB102?easybuilder

Thank you for any and all help and i apologize for my complete lack of knowledge on this stuff.

You will be just fine. I have a similar setup and am constantly getting 60-120 FPS in populated zones. The difference is 16GB of 3000mhz RAM and I run Optane on both my boot SSD and Storage drive.

I did OC my video card slightly but even beforehand it was the difference of like 10 FPS.

Im not getting "perfect" but I can do 60fps at 4k pretty much all the time

I do turn down one of the AA settings for raids though
Lol AMD.