How difficult is it to maintain 2 specs?

Druid
I plan on tanking Mythic+'s as Guardian and doing Raid DPS as Feral. Is this viable/doable? Will I have to farm two sets of gear (other than weps)?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've been away from the game for a while.

Thanks for your time.
No, not viable right now. but not for the reason you're worrying about. Feral isn't viable for raiding right now period.

As for your gear though, kind of but not really. All your pieces are going to have relevant stats on them. The thing is the secondary stats you value on either spec is different. So if you have a 340 ilvl piece of haste gear and a 340 ilvl piece of mastery gear, I'd hold onto both so you can use the haste for feral and the mastery for guardian. I don't think you'd need to go out of your way to farm a whole mastery set or something though. The main thing is your trinkets and azerite gear, really. There's a difference between tank and dps trinkets and often times one is not as useful to the other. You want survivability trinkets for tanking.

I'd say other than trinkets and azerite gear you don't really have to go out of your way to acquire a guardian set, just play and grab upgrades, and if gear is close enough but values secondary stats in a different way, maybe hold onto it for your other spec for a small extra boost. If your best azerite trait is spec specific you should grab an other piece of azerite gear for your other spec. But for the most part you're good, the extra gear you -need- is minimal.
08/20/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Zenkahlia
Feral isn't viable for raiding right now period.

I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath and hope they hotfix some numbers in the next three weeks?
It's very easy, much more so than in legion. You're only really needing to switch loot spec when you are going after trinkets, since you share weapons with feral, and azerite armor will work for both specs if you choose the right traits.
08/20/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Helyanwé
I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath and hope they hotfix some numbers in the next three weeks?

There's no way they're not going to buff us at some point. They have to.

I'm not holding my breath though. Knowing blizzard it could be really soon or it might not even be before the raid tier.
Feral is not viable in BFA for anything but slow questing (comparable to healer questing, difference only healer doesnt die).
Feral is not viable in BFA for anything but slow questing (comparable to healer questing, difference only healer doesn't die).

Yeah, I eventually had to switch from Feral to Guardian while leveling, which is weird. I can't remember the last time bear was the faster leveling spec (for questing, at least).
Trinkets aren't even an issue. DPS trinkets are extremely good for tanks and are better than tank trinkets 95% of the time .
Easier than it was in legion at least. No more leggos to worry about. Azerite gear is much easier to get.
08/20/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Aewendil
It's very easy, much more so than in legion. You're only really needing to switch loot spec when you are going after trinkets, since you share weapons with feral, and azerite armor will work for both specs if you choose the right traits.

This isn't true. The secondary stats for Guardian versus Feral are basically inverted. You need to be stacking Haste > Crit > Vers > Mastery for Feral and Mastery > Vers > Haste > Crit.

With the current state of BfA, this is important. Haste gear seems to drop much more rarely than mastery gear, and haste scaling is extremely significant with regards to Feral DPS. Although there was a blue post today saying that some Feral tuning was incoming, based on how haste scaling is looking for other classes, I wouldn't ignore it. Min/maxing your secondaries will be key to optimizing your performance, assuming you've nailed your rotation and can avoid standing in fire.
08/20/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Zenkahlia
08/20/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Helyanwé

There's no way they're not going to buff us at some point. They have to.

I'm not holding my breath though. Knowing blizzard it could be really soon or it might not even be before the raid tier.

They are planning to release a tuning fix for ferals I'm the next week. There's a blue post about it somewhere :)
it is doable. but you gonna have to be ready to keep 2-3 sets of gear ready at all times. you can generalize the build and have one master build but you will sub optimal in performance.

dont forget azerite traits are locked pieces. so you will need multiple of those as well some might perform better in dungeons /raids etc.
It won't be hard to. just play your strongest spec and farm the loot specialization for the other spec
I am maintaining resto, bear, and boomie - since Feral is hot garbage, sadly. It's not hard at all. The only negative is the bag space. I got a 340 int staff and 340 agility polearm in the same day and I have full 340 azerite armor for boomie, bear, and almost resto(need helm) so far. Just gotta get lucky on drops.

To help get gear for alt specs(IDK if this is confirmed or not, it's just what I have been doing with success): When you get trinkets/wep for your main spec you should be changing your loot spec to a different main stat spec so you can target certain loot. Like if you are Boomie(int) and you have 340 trinkets and wep and the boss you are fighting drops an agility or melee/healing effect trinket and an int wep, if you change your loot spec to Feral(agility) or Bear(Agility) you will get the trinket instead of the wep - if you get loot at all. Doing this I have been able to target out certain trinkets/weps for Bear from certain bosses while dpsing as Boomie.