Hover Mounts should Water Walk

General Discussion
Seriously mounts that "hover" like those flying disks and MOP serpents should water walk
There is no reason at all they shouldnt
No. I grinded for my strider.
/cast Water Walking
/cackle
that's actually not a bad idea
08/22/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Meurso

in what way does that stop you from using it?
do you seriously think it should be the only mount in the entire game to water walk? are you that entitled?
Seriously, I deliberately slog through the water half the time just cause I'm sick of seeing the stupid bug.
I wouldn't have a problem with this. It would certainly remove any excuse Blizzard might use to try once again to limit the usefulness of water striders.
OP, you've found the thing that might unite general discussion... who could be against thi-

oh, they're already here
08/22/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Dedakta
/cast Water Walking
/cackle

My favorite is when you cast WW on someone and they struggle trying to land on the surface of the water.

Hyuck hyuck.

Uh..
I wish there were spells or items you could use to give any ground mount the water walk ability that wouldn't break during combat. I have both striders but I wish I could use my other mounts. They are just too convenient not to use though.
08/22/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Chrace
I wish there were spells or items you could use to give any ground mount the water walk ability that wouldn't break during combat. I have both striders but I wish I could use my other mounts. They are just too convenient not to use though.

or a quest that gives permanent water walking while mounted in zandalar or kultiras.
08/22/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Chrace

or a quest that gives permanent water walking while mounted in zandalar or boralus.

An enchantment even! Options are always good. Think the current staff has lost their way with this.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
or a quest that gives permanent water walking while mounted in zandalar or boralus.

An enchantment even! Options are always good. Think the current staff has lost their way with this.

true that, there are so many things they couldve done to give players an option that doesnt involve using only one mount in the entire game for 12 months straight

I mean, we even had what? 50 mounts addded in BFA thus far? and theyre mostly ground mounts, which will be unusable because those that have water striders have to use these mounts

I dont have water stride but damn, it sucks having to carry so many draenor water walking potions around, there isnt even a BFA-oriented workaround for this, and its a expansion full of water and seas

Yeah, me too, five years ago.

When content is trivialized over time, as all PVE content is, your reward for doing it when it's hard is that you have it for longer.

Of course, there's the other argument that things can't ever be changed for the better because it will "screw" people who only recently put in the time, but... that just means QoL changes are off-limits in general.
No I worked hard for my water strider, also these days when panda time walking comes it is so easy for new people to get it honestly bothers me.

Just google "water strider timewalking"

you will find a guide
/cast Water Walking
/cackle

/cast Path of Frost
/grin
/cast Water Walking
/cackle
08/22/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Smowitcigs
Seriously, I deliberately slog through the water half the time just cause I'm sick of seeing the stupid bug.

I've had xpacs like that.
Water walking is a cool feature, but it needs to be kept limited. If there was a de-facto way to just give your character water walking, it would become a standard part of every character and that would make it basically meaningless.

Death Knights have seemless water walking at the click of a button, Shaman have water walking with the forethought to cast it first. And then there are some mounts and toys that give water walking or increased swim speed.

I think we are at a good spot. Not everything needs to be a straight line from A to B. There is usually a bridge close by or a way around the obstacle.