why is the most fun hunter spec

Hunter
1 2 3 7 Next
a melee spec? Damn I miss ranged survival, I miss playing a ranged hunter as a whole.
BM is actually pretty fun too. But yes SV is amazingly fun atm.
Because melee hunters are awesome.

Well, it’s definitely melee themed but a hybrid melee/ ranged spec which makes it both fun and kind of unique imo.
It’s not that SV is actually even that amazing, but MM just feels that !@#$ing bad.
I miss ranged SV, i miss old explosive trap, black arrow, snares bacause of traps, old explosive shot.

:(
If its still fun as melee why does it matter?
08/24/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Stripendella

Because im pretty sure 99% of people that rolled hunters didnt want to play melee? It is fun, ive used it a lot so far, but its not why im a hunter, its really that simple.
08/24/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Floplag

Because im pretty sure 99% of people that rolled hunters didnt want to play melee? It is fun, ive used it a lot so far, but its not why im a hunter, its really that simple.

The ranged specs not being fun is not the melee specs fault
Everyone who wants to play ranged hunter can play ranged hunter, the problem is they ruined MM not that they made SV great
08/23/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Delathor

Well, it’s definitely melee themed but a hybrid melee/ ranged spec which makes it both fun and kind of unique imo.

Expect it's not a hybrid. It's not melee "themed", it is melee. Plain and simple.

Enhance has the same style of kit, they aren't called a hybrid.
For me it's survival if playing as a gnome on the Alliance side but orc on The Horde side since they have racial traits that fit survival specialization for ranged Marksman specialization because all of those attack abilites pair well with Arcane Torrent when playing as a Blood Elf.

Well then it's a good thing you have 2 other specs that focus on ranged dps eh?

I don't get people who don't like having more options.

As someone who enjoys all the different roles in the game I think hunters are lucky that they can switch between melee and range dps roles without needing to play a whole different character.

I'm currently maining a rogue and my only option is melee dps and I know it's only a matter of time before I get bored of that and have to play a different character so that I can heal, tank, or range dps.... I hate having to change characters because then I lose out on working towards achievements on 1 single character.

being stuck with only one group role is the big negative to being a pure dps class but at least hunters get the option between ranged or melee to keep things interesting and from becoming too stale.
It was far more fun in Legion when everyone hated it...but now the numbers are there, and its considered fun now :/
08/24/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Pricefield
08/23/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Delathor

Expect it's not a hybrid. It's not melee "themed", it is melee. Plain and simple.

Enhance has the same style of kit, they aren't called a hybrid.

It is hybrid in the sense of having a good balance between ranged and melee capabilities. Obviously I’m not referring to other hybrid classes who can do multiple roles. Of course it’s primarily melee but can do most if not all it’s rotation using aspect of the eagle at range.

If you really feel the need to split hairs though I got a sharp knife I can sell you.
08/25/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Canadïan
It was far more fun in Legion when everyone hated it...but now the numbers are there, and its considered fun now :/

Personally I enjoyed Legion survival but its current iteration has solved some of Legion survival’s glaring issues. I was a huge skeptic at first about many of the changes but overall am happy with BFA survival.

Thematically I preferred lacerate over serpent sting but wildfire bomb is better than old explosive trap and I’m just glad we have a stun for pvp finally.
08/23/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Gnomerang
a melee spec? Damn I miss ranged survival, I miss playing a ranged hunter as a whole.

You have two specs available to you for ranging.

Why are you whining?

Rexxar would like a word.
I don't find surv fun at all. I never wanted to be a melee class, that's why I made a hunter in the first place.
08/23/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Lekai
It’s not that SV is actually even that amazing, but MM just feels that !@#$ing bad.

Just because you hate eggs doesn't mean bacon is bad. Bacon is amazing and so is Survival!
08/24/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Leonerd

Well then it's a good thing you have 2 other specs that focus on ranged dps eh?

I don't get people who don't like having more options.

We used to have 3 ranged specs in a ranged class. Now we are a ranged class with 2 specs. 2 < 3, seems like less options to me.
Melee survival destroyed a spec a lot of people loved, that's why it's not ok, or why it's not ok there are 2 other ranged specs. It's existince is a slap in the face to people who had their favorite spec taken away because reasons. I don't care if it's fun, or if it tops the meters all expansion, it's a dead spec to me and I hope it rots in a fire somewhere.