To everyone upset about the Allied Races not being addressed in the Q&A

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
If you, like me, are annoyed they couldn't even take the time to tell us that they were at least listening to the customers then really you only have one course of action. Cancel your sub.

No really. Money talks. Its clear they're not listening to you/us so reward them accordingly.

I know I'm going to cancel mine. By the time it expires I'll have leveled up an Alliance and Horde toon to 120. They would've easily kept me for the whole expansion if the Allied Races weren't locked in such a stupid way since it would've taken me a while to level that character again to 120, along with all the patches.

So if you're like me, cancel your sub. There's plenty of other games out there, other MMO's even. Don't reward bad behavior. Come back when they lower the requirement/remove it. Take that little survey they have you do when you cancel.

And @all the people who will inevitably defend this, or say "bye" or some other pithy comment: enjoy your high horse. eventually decisions like this will drive enough people away while you !@#$% about slow queues for things and worlds feeling dead.
They have been exceptionally clear on this topic.

Not sure why they’d need to restate their position in the Q&A.
1. Bye! Send me your gold.
2. May I recommend ESO for your MMO fix? That game has only gotten better since its launch, imo, and its solo questing experience is superb.
I agree, people need to quit. They will regardless of a topic like this, imo. BFA has a pretty face, with potential, but it has a whole hell of ugly. The GCD changes being the primary, allied race gating just adding to the annoyance.
Why would they repeat themselves about allied races just because some forum whiners don't want to listen? They straight-up told people that they weren't changing or removing the requirements at this time.

Maybe instead of complaining that they're not listening to you, you should come to the realization that you're not listening to them.
08/23/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Hekkur

2. May I recommend ESO for your MMO fix? That game has only gotten better since its launch, imo, and its solo questing experience is superb.

I'm torn between that and GW2. I really should do ESO since I have a bunch of friends in that one.

But the combat in GW2 is soooo much better.

08/23/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Patchs

I was hoping that with the constant complaining on the forums, facebook, and twitter that they would at least address the fact there were complaints.

Alas no such luck.
What amazes me is in the amount of time some have been complaining about the requirements being reduced or outright lifted, they could have ground them out five times over and have them by now.
08/23/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Aennicus
If you, like me, are annoyed they couldn't even take the time to tell us that they were at least listening to the customers

They have been completely clear on their intentions on this issue. They listen, they don't agree with you and have chosen not to change anything.

Even if you think they're not listening and that they should just bow to you "because reasons", you're also not listening to them. You put your fingers in your ears and scream "lalalalalala" because you don't care what their reasons are or whether or not they are reasonable... You're not getting what you want and that's all that maters to you.

It's NOT all that matters. There are millions of people who play this game, not just you. There is a story in this world, like it or not, understand it or not, agree with it or not, and they do actually try to do things that make sense within the narrative.
then really you only have one course of action. Cancel your sub.

Thank you. Good night and good bye!
08/23/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Adamology
Why would they repeat themselves about allied races just because some forum whiners don't want to listen? They straight-up told people that they weren't changing or removing the requirements at this time.

Maybe instead of complaining that they're not listening to you, you should come to the realization that you're not listening to them.

That was before release. I assumed Blizzard was in tune with their audience enough to know a lot of people were upset about it post release.

I assumed wrong on that one.
08/23/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Aennicus
08/23/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Hekkur

I'm torn between that and GW2. I really should do ESO since I have a bunch of friends in that one.

But the combat in GW2 is soooo much better.

I was hoping that with the constant complaining on the forums, facebook, and twitter that they would at least address the fact there were complaints.

Alas no such luck.

Check back next month. Gonna be gud WoD style.
I'm certain them not answering the question was NOT an oversight. Since we've been viciously fighting among each other for weeks now about it. Them not answering showed a clear intention: They are not budging

As I'm on your side for those who think the allied races should be loosened to get them it's clear as day this is the way it is.

So to us all, we've been defeated. Only one thing left to do:
either get quitting or get grinding.
08/23/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Phaylanxx
What amazes me is in the amount of time some have been complaining about the requirements being reduced or outright lifted, they could have ground them out five times over and have them by now.

I hate this point most of all.

I mostly post from work/while I'm not home. So no, would literally make no difference.

It's also a terrible argument.

08/23/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Raiyyn
If you, like me, are annoyed they couldn't even take the time to tell us that they were at least listening to the customers

They have been completely clear on their intentions on this issue. They listen, they don't agree with you and have chosen not to change anything.
then really you only have one course of action. Cancel your sub.

Thank you. Good night and good bye!

I always love people who literally cheer the game getting smaller.

Enjoy being manipulated by a corporation!
No, why would I be, it is easy to farm them and you get them simply through just doing the content like normal. And they aren't going to change it. Either farm them or don't. They are going to stick to their guns here just like Pathfinder.
08/23/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Aennicus
08/23/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Adamology

That was before release. I assumed Blizzard was in tune with their audience enough to know a lot of people were upset about it post release.

I assumed wrong on that one.

A lot of people were upset about it before release, that's why they clarified their intentions. People being upset now doesn't change anything.
They said before BFA released that the requirements to unlock AR's would stand as is.
08/23/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Edmonor
I'm certain them not answering the question was NOT an oversight. Since we've been viciously fighting among each other for weeks now about it. Them not answering showed a clear intention: They are not budging

As I'm on your side for those who think the allied races should be loosened to get them it's clear as day this is the way it is.

So to us all, we've been defeated. Only one thing left to do:
either get quitting or get grinding.

Ima hit that first option.

I'm not going to reward their behavior.

(That said I have no judgement who are in this position and accept defeat and do the grind, that's totally your choice).
08/23/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Phaylanxx

Except you couldn't, because they are time-gated. I have managed to grind out three of the four original allied races since returning to the game on August 3rd AND have still had PLENTY of time to come on these forums and complain about how ridiculous the unlock requirements are.
I am not gonna high horse response because I think you are doing the right thing for you: If the game is not fun and you are not happy with the way things are going, canceling and leaving really is the best way to go about it. It is what I've been doing all along.

I skipped out on Wrath, Cata and WoD because there was more in those xpacs I didn't like than did like. Everyone has different things which are deal breakers, and this is yours.

Or maybe they have something to announce tomorrow and would rather not spoil it? Idk could be just me not being entirely pessimistic.

EDIT: oh my bad i thought this about new allied races. This is about rep... you are whining. Stop whining.