To everyone upset about the Allied Races not being addressed in the Q&A

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
08/23/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Naughtymoon
Third my personal life is really none of your business

You say this after saying.....

08/23/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Naughtymoon
my husband works nonstop and hasn't played since mid-WOD days he wants to play Void Elves when he returns this expansion and he's not crying about the requirements

Maybe people wouldn't bring up your personal life you weren't so quick to throw it in their faces.
08/23/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Raiyyn
08/23/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Aennicus
Enjoy being manipulated by a corporation!

I'm not being manipulated by anyone.

I play a game I enjoy. I had no issue unlocking anything, regardless of what it was, because I actually play the game because I enjoy it and I enjoy the friends I have in Azeroth.

You, however, and all of the other whiners about this non-issue who claim to not be bothered by rep grinds as long as they're "current" would already have the rep grinds done if that were true because you'd have done them while they were "current". All you are doing attempting to manipulate "the powers that be" with empty threats.

It's not that I'm cheering the game getting smaller. I just think it would be better off, and perhaps have a chance to actually retain some new and/or returning players, if every one of them didn't come to the forums to find information and be bombarded with "THIS GAME SUCKS FU BLIZZ YOU SHOULD ALL BE FIRED!!!" posts because every individual player can't have what they personally want.

So, yes! Good bye and good night. Have a wonderful life. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya on your way out. See ya never.

Non- issue to you. The many other people discussing it tells me others don't agree.

Also if Blizzard was better at PR/Comm the forums wouldn't be as much of a mess.

Hahahaha! First off it has been known for almost a year what allied race requirements are and how to obtain them so either fulfill the requirements and play them or don't and don't, second now you are crying about it being $75, really if you have issues with spending $75 more a month perhaps you shouldn't be playing to begin with.

Man you really do suck at reading comp. Your English teacher owes you a refund.

I didn't realize knowing the requirements ahead of time made them less boring and not worth my time.

It's actually 15 a month but I think it says something that you don't know the price of the game each month. A little unaware of the value of money are we? Husband bringing in all the dollars?

Either way just because I can afford it doesn't make the money irrelevant? I also afford my car but I'd have issues if the dealership was manipulating me.

I'm sure Blizzard cares, oh wait they don't as I said bottom line is do the requirements and play the allied races or don't and don't, either way no one is gonna care.

08/23/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Bajablast
08/23/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Naughtymoon
Third my personal life is really none of your business

You say this after saying.....

08/23/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Naughtymoon
my husband works nonstop and hasn't played since mid-WOD days he wants to play Void Elves when he returns this expansion and he's not crying about the requirements

Maybe people wouldn't bring up your personal life you weren't so quick to throw it in their faces.

I'm not ashamed of my life or my husband and originally my husband was my example of someone that hasn't played for a long time and is gonna be returning and wants to play allied races, but also isn't lazy like the op writing this forum, hard concepts to grasp I know but it's how it is.
08/23/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Naughtymoon

Man you really do suck at reading comp. Your English teacher owes you a refund.

I didn't realize knowing the requirements ahead of time made them less boring and not worth my time.

It's actually 15 a month but I think it says something that you don't know the price of the game each month. A little unaware of the value of money are we? Husband bringing in all the dollars?

Either way just because I can afford it doesn't make the money irrelevant? I also afford my car but I'd have issues if the dealership was manipulating me.

I'm sure Blizzard cares, oh wait they don't as I said bottom line is do the requirements and play the allied races or don't and don't, either way no one is gonna care.

Except you apparently because you're still here in the thread...

Also I know we're going in circles but blizzard clearly does care with all the marketing they do.
08/23/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Aennicus

That's fair, and I may have been projecting my own hopes onto the Q&A. Either way I feel like the point of "if you're as annoyed as I am vote with your wallet" is valid.

It's fair. Of course, if you are unhappy with the game, then not paying for it anymore makes sense. So does giving feedback, like you are doing.

I'm not arguing against that. I'm just making a comment about why they might not have addressed the allied races again at the moment.

Threatening to quit over something happens so much for Blizzard's games, though, or any similar type of entertainment product, that it's probably not the best way to get through to the devs.

Yes, if they have some reason to believe that a particular feature is actually hurting the game, then they will look at addressing that, but that's separate from threats about quitting. Those are always happening.

I certainly wouldn't want the devs to cave in every time somebody threatened to quit over something. They would be caving 10 times a day, for one thing.
Definitely agree OP. Let the wallet talk. I play this game pretty casually and this expansion is pretty underwhelming all in all so no big loss for me :)

Also I know we're going in circles but blizzard clearly does care with all the marketing they do.

They don't care though they said from the start that allied races would have requirements, when you go to buy BFA they say that they have requirements and that after you buy BFA you can unlock or work to unlock them and then Ion even said that they aren't changing the requirements, so refresh my memory how exactly are they caring what people like you want?
08/23/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Suréna
08/23/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Aennicus

That's fair, and I may have been projecting my own hopes onto the Q&A. Either way I feel like the point of "if you're as annoyed as I am vote with your wallet" is valid.

It's fair. Of course, if you are unhappy with the game, then not paying for it anymore makes sense. So does giving feedback, like you are doing.

I'm not arguing against that. I'm just making a comment about why they might not have addressed the allied races again at the moment.

Threatening to quit over something happens so much for Blizzard's games, though, or any similar type of entertainment product, that it's probably not the best way to get through to the devs.

Yes, if they have some reason to believe that a particular feature is actually hurting the game, then they will look at addressing that, but that's separate from threats about quitting. Those are always happening.

I certainly wouldn't want the devs to cave in every time somebody threatened to quit over something. They would be caving 10 times a day, for one thing.

Also a fair point. I'm pretty sure if they caved to complaints every day the game would still be in beta.

I think in general more open communication would help. Now I'm biased because my job is literally marketing and pr, but still. If developers addressed raised issues a little more directly, even if the answers weren't great.

For example in this situation, if a dev did a blue post explaining why they're keeping the races this way (instead of a tweet just saying "no changes planned).

Or for the GCD changes (since i'm not invested in that debate) they could better explain why they're sticking to it.

If that makes sense.
08/23/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Naughtymoon

They don't care though they said from the start that allied races would have requirements, when you go to buy BFA they say that they have requirements and that after you buy BFA you can unlock or work to unlock them and then Ion even said that they aren't changing the requirements, so refresh my memory how exactly are they caring what people like you want?

Because they like my money.

You do now how corporations work yes?
“They don’t do what I say” =/= “They don’t listen to their customers.” Not even close.

This notion that customers have final say is just...lol

All the threats about “I’m not buying BfA” and “I’m quitting if they don’t change it”....clearly they are not moved at all by this. Your money is just not nearly as important as you think it is.
As much as I know Blizzard is too lazy to change anything, the people simply spouting "Well Ion said they'd never change it, so THERE" are close to brain dead.

Blizzard has stated that they won't do several things in the past, and here we are, post "You think you want it but you don't" with vanilla wow servers in development because people kept asking.
08/23/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Derka
“They don’t do what I say” =/= “They don’t listen to their customers.” Not even close.

Not saying we do. But not addressing concerns isn't exactly a great business move.
No

Yes I know how they work, I also know that you are what between $60-$80 dollars an expansion and $15 dollars a month totaling maybe $100 total at a high point, yet what you clearly fail to realize is you are only one person and there are millions of other people that play this game.
08/23/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Aennicus
08/23/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Derka

Not saying we do. But not addressing concerns isn't exactly a great business move.

Yes you are. Don’t try to play semantic games. The only satisfactory way they “address concerns” is by caving on the issue. It’s comes to the same thing.
08/23/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Patchs
They have been exceptionally clear on this topic.

Not sure why they’d need to restate their position in the Q&A.

Because when they addressed it during the initial uproar it was before the expansion was released. Now that it has been released a lot of players have returned and I'm sure new players as well and they are now realizing what "unlocking" content means to blizzard as their initial description was very vague.

On top of that, four of the races are now locked behind a months worth of rep quests from outdated content.

It's a bigger issue now than it was before and there are a lot of people upset about, at the very least, blizzards lack of clarity on what was required for the races, which are one of the major advertised features of the expansion. They need to address it again and do so while considering the mountains of feedback they have gotten for it.
08/23/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Lidori
As much as I know Blizzard is too lazy to change anything, the people simply spouting "Well Ion said they'd never change it, so THERE" are close to brain dead.

Blizzard has stated that they won't do several things in the past, and here we are, post "You think you want it but you don't" with vanilla wow servers in development because people kept asking.

That's a very good point. I forgot about that little change of heart.
08/23/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Naughtymoon

Yes I know how they work, I also know that you are what between $60-$80 dollars an expansion and $15 dollars a month totaling maybe $100 total at a high point, yet what you clearly fail to realize is you are only one person and there are millions of other people that play this game.

Yes and if other "lazy" people feel the same that number adds up yes?

08/23/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Derka
08/23/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Aennicus

Yes you are. Don’t try to play semantic games. The only satisfactory way they “address concerns” is by caving on the issue. It’s comes to the same thing.

Thanks for telling me what i'm saying and what i'm expressing. You're helpful. Can you be my fulltime translator?

08/23/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Cooterthug
No

Si
08/23/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Aennicus
If you, like me, are annoyed they couldn't even take the time to tell us that they were at least listening to the customers then really you only have one course of action. Cancel your sub.

No really. Money talks. Its clear they're not listening to you/us so reward them accordingly.

I know I'm going to cancel mine. By the time it expires I'll have leveled up an Alliance and Horde toon to 120. They would've easily kept me for the whole expansion if the Allied Races weren't locked in such a stupid way since it would've taken me a while to level that character again to 120, along with all the patches.

So if you're like me, cancel your sub. There's plenty of other games out there, other MMO's even. Don't reward bad behavior. Come back when they lower the requirement/remove it. Take that little survey they have you do when you cancel.

And @all the people who will inevitably defend this, or say "bye" or some other pithy comment: enjoy your high horse. eventually decisions like this will drive enough people away while you !@#$% about slow queues for things and worlds feeling dead.

What was blizzard suppose to address in the Q&A btw? TBH i think blizzard wanted to use the Q&A to address any questions directly concerning current gameplay not gameplay that will come later
08/23/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Aennicus
08/23/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Lidori

That's a very good point. I forgot about that little change of heart.

He also said that they wouldn't relook at it or consider relooking at it until the end of BFA so comeback in what 2 more years and maybe since the races will be outdated you might get them handed to you.