To everyone upset about the Allied Races not being addressed in the Q&A

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
08/23/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Naughtymoon
08/23/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Aennicus

That's a very good point. I forgot about that little change of heart.

He also said that they wouldn't relook at it or consider relooking at it until the end of BFA so comeback in what 2 more years and maybe since the races will be outdated you might get them handed to you.

You really really can't read
08/23/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Aennicus

That's a very good point. I forgot about that little change of heart.

He also said that they wouldn't relook at it or consider relooking at it until the end of BFA so comeback in what 2 more years and maybe since the races will be outdated you might get them handed to you.

It's great that you're playing up the arrogant, self centered blood elf role here, but if you actually paid attention to most of the complaints on allied races, you'd notice that most reasonable people actually just want the rep not to be timegated behind worldquests. But keep acting all high and mighty because you get off having your progress throttled.
08/23/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Lidori

It's great that you're playing up the arrogant, self centered blood elf role here, but if you actually paid attention to most of the complaints on allied races, you'd notice that most reasonable people actually just want the rep not to be timegated behind worldquests. But keep acting all high and mighty because you get off having your progress throttled.

How would it not be timegated, think about it the only way it gives is world quests which are the equivalent to old world dailies, besides that and giving you mission table dailies as well as reputation tokens in invasions what more do you lazy people want?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not saying we do. But not addressing concerns isn't exactly a great business move.

Yes you are. Don’t try to play semantic games. The only satisfactory way they “address concerns” is by caving on the issue. It’s comes to the same thing.

Thanks for telling me what i'm saying and what i'm expressing. You're helpful. Can you be my fulltime translator?

Your honesty translator, sure. Then you can reply snarkily when you have no more cogent points to make like you just did.
"I was carried and helped to mine so I don't care if you get yours"
08/23/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Naughtymoon
08/23/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Lidori

How would it not be timegated, think about it the only way it gives is world quests which are the equivalent to old world dailies, besides that and giving you mission table dailies as well as reputation tokens in invasions what more do you lazy people want?

Literally every other way they did rep in the past allowed me to get as much as I wanted to put in the effort for per day, rather than "ok you've done these world quests for the day, bye"
08/23/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Hekkur
1. Bye! Send me your gold.
2. May I recommend ESO for your MMO fix? That game has only gotten better since its launch, imo, and its solo questing experience is superb.

Eso and ff14 are both pretty good. Gw2 last expansion was also awesome.
08/23/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Lidori
08/23/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Naughtymoon

Literally every other way they did rep in the past allowed me to get as much as I wanted to put in the effort for per day, rather than "ok you've done these world quests for the day, bye"

Things change, either you change with them or you get left behind, it's called progress.
Just sucks its was a selling point for BFA. I didn't play end game legion so I have to do the grind, just sad to see so many people in argus grinding old wqs etc when BFA is out..how do the developers not see this as a diservice to their new content? not to mention none of the prior races or "hero classes" were gated in such an awful way.

so with allied races being gated as such..BFA is the first expac to not have a fresh accessible race or class.(not to mention a new area/starting zone for such)

Lastly, I hate to think that this was a business ploy to ensure longer subs (since some of the rep grinds can easily take 3+ weeks.
08/23/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Naughtymoon
08/23/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Lidori

Things change, either you change with them or you get left behind, it's called progress.

It's called Progress if things improve. What blizzard has done is Regressed.
08/23/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Lidori

It's called Progress if things improve. What blizzard has done is Regressed.

According to you, according to Blizzard, me and many other people it's stuff you could and would be doing anyway if you are actually playing the game so.
08/23/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Adamology
Why would they repeat themselves about allied races just because some forum whiners don't want to listen? They straight-up told people that they weren't changing or removing the requirements at this time.

Maybe instead of complaining that they're not listening to you, you should come to the realization that you're not listening to them.
08/23/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Lathander
No, why would I be, it is easy to farm them and you get them simply through just doing the content like normal. And they aren't going to change it. Either farm them or don't. They are going to stick to their guns here just like Pathfinder.

Is it fun? You know FUN, the reason people play a game? FUN, FUUUUUUUN? No matter how easy, if it isn't FUN, it's a waste of precious time.
08/23/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Aennicus
If you, like me, are annoyed they couldn't even take the time to tell us that they were at least listening to the customers then really you only have one course of action. Cancel your sub.

No really. Money talks. Its clear they're not listening to you/us so reward them accordingly.

I know I'm going to cancel mine. By the time it expires I'll have leveled up an Alliance and Horde toon to 120. They would've easily kept me for the whole expansion if the Allied Races weren't locked in such a stupid way since it would've taken me a while to level that character again to 120, along with all the patches.

So if you're like me, cancel your sub. There's plenty of other games out there, other MMO's even. Don't reward bad behavior. Come back when they lower the requirement/remove it. Take that little survey they have you do when you cancel.

And @all the people who will inevitably defend this, or say "bye" or some other pithy comment: enjoy your high horse. eventually decisions like this will drive enough people away while you !@#$% about slow queues for things and worlds feeling dead.

They didnt take the time cause its a non-issue, and you people are a vocal minority, and Blizzard knows this.

/goodbye
That survey is long gone.

08/23/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Draigh

They didnt take the time cause its a non-issue, and you people are a vocal minority, and Blizzard knows this.

/goodbye

Blizzard confirms mounted flight won't be added to Warlords of Draenor

WoW can't lose another 5M subs.
I returned aprox. 1 month before the launch of BfA so I could start the Allied Race grind. I work a full-time 9-5. I did the WQ and invasions every day before and after work, I did the missions w Argussian Reach and Army of Light rep and as much as I could on the weekends. It took me aprox. 1.5 weeks to unlock the Void Elves and LF Dranaei.
08/23/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Abattøir
I returned aprox. 1 month before the launch of BfA so I could start the Allied Race grind. I work a full-time 9-5. I did the WQ and invasions every day before and after work, I did the missions w Argussian Reach and Army of Light rep and as much as I could on the weekends. It took me aprox. 1.5 weeks to unlock the Void Elves and LF Dranaei.

I'm not gonna knock your effort but that sounds more like a part time job than a hobby.

So if Allied Races are suddenly free and start at 120 (except yours) does that mean you'd be okay with it, because things change?
08/23/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Aennicus
08/23/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Abattøir

I'm not gonna knock your effort but that sounds more like a part time job than a hobby.

It's not hard to do. If you want allied races, just do it. If you don't want to put in the time each day then it'll take longer, as should any endeavor.
Blizz has till Red dead redemtion comes out to address ANY of my complaints. if they do, great, i'll play both. if not...byee.