what's the point of reputation?

General Discussion
I just don't get what's the point of getting revered\exalted reputation with any faction? They literally give ZERO rewards other than mount and piece of 355 gear that comes out next week. And it was like that in Legion, but nothing changed? Why would you ever bother with grinding reputation? I just don't get it
To fly and unlock allied races.

Next question.
Pathfinder to fly and to unlock Mag'har Orcs and Dark iron dwarves.
to get more toys of course

But seriously, why does it feel everything your buy/create is terrible by the time you learn/earn it?
08/26/2018 07:49 AMPosted by You
to fly stupid

it reminds me of Legion, where people were grinding stuff to fly to only crawl in Argus when it came out. and they call me stupid.
Also some profession recipients upgrades.
08/26/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Drogok
to fly stupid

it reminds me of Legion, where people were grinding stuff to fly to only crawl in Argus when it came out. and they call me stupid.

yet the broken isle was still relevant for world quests in which flying was very useful to getting around quickly. Having an alt start leveling in legion content with flying was very useful. Helping your friends who have not unlocked flying to help with exploring the zones for the pathfinder achive and questing and world quests also, so it was worth the grind. Stupid.
Unlocking cosmetic rewards - out leveled gear with new skins, races with new skins, mid-tier prof skills
This is the riddle that usually makes me stop playing for the middle chunk of recent expansions. When the gear rewards level off, and flying is the only thing to aim for, there's little immediate incentive. Flying would make it easier to do your dailies, but if you're only doing your dailies to unlock flying...
The payoff comes when they release late-expansion content that inspires you to do WQs and the like. So it may feel pointless now, but you'll be glad you did it soon.
08/26/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Drogok
to fly stupid

Argus was tiny, and had several warp/FPs and the flight whistle. If you couldn't navigate Argus with ease, then that's on you.
08/26/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Drogok
I just don't get what's the point of getting revered\exalted reputation with any faction? They literally give ZERO rewards other than mount and piece of 355 gear that comes out next week. And it was like that in Legion, but nothing changed? Why would you ever bother with grinding reputation? I just don't get it

Because they have us by the balls.

Reputation is needed for flying. If I didn't have flying in Legion, I would never have leveled any alts. There were so many mountains, and it was frustratingly difficult to get around. There is no way I would have leveled more than one character by ground.

And reputation is needed for Allied races. Yes, these aren't necessary, BUT they are a major new feature that most players would like to enjoy. So if you want to play one, you grind rep.

What I don't understand is why they keep gating more and more features behind their clients' most hated grind. This started in WoD with Pathfinder, and there were multiple complaints about it. So did they listen to their paying customers and ease up on it? NO! Instead they kept the Revered rep for Pathfinder and added Exalted rep for the Allied races!

So don't ask us why we grind rep. Ask Blizzard.
To make people love you. Our characters secretly have an unhealthy desire to be loved.
Rep gear fills in the gaps left behind by bad RNG.
Then don't do it? The rewards are solid but not OP. If you get a couple up before the raid, you can get some gear. I don't see a problem.

To feed them their time-played metric of course. The folks at blizzard feed off it these days and will starve if they don't get it. Do you want to be responsible for Ion and the lot of them going hungry? What a cruel person you are. For shame, sir... for shame.
Rep used to be totally optional for most things. Flying used to be purchased.

Now people have normalized the things they were against before. Same with personal loot, same with many other things in the game. You just got used to it.
08/26/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Valaire

Because they have us by the balls.

Reputation is needed for flying. If I didn't have flying in Legion, I would never have leveled any alts. There were so many mountains, and it was frustratingly difficult to get around. There is no way I would have leveled more than one character by ground.

And reputation is needed for Allied races. Yes, these aren't necessary, BUT they are a major new feature that most players would like to enjoy. So if you want to play one, you grind rep.

What I don't understand is why they keep gating more and more features behind their clients' most hated grind. This started in WoD with Pathfinder, and there were multiple complaints about it. So did they listen to their paying customers and ease up on it? NO! Instead they kept the Revered rep for Pathfinder and added Exalted rep for the Allied races!

So don't ask us why we grind rep. Ask Blizzard.

Lols @ them! I has no balls. /cackle
They literally give ZERO rewards other than mount and piece of 355 gear that comes out next week.
For some people that's enough. My cloak is from rep I got just from leveling and questing. And depending on AR in the future, the rep might be useful.

to make players suffer and unsub like every xpack after a launch.

i dont mind rep grind but they need to cut down on the amount needed to get to exalted.