Frost Pve Question

Mage
Hi guys, I just have one question on pve when I'm using glacial spike. I've read that you are supposed to only cast Glacial Spike in case you have a Brain Freeze proc. What if I have 5 icicles but my Brain Freeze just doesn't proc? Do I just keep spamming frostbolt untill I have my Brain Freeze proc (assuming my fingers of frost don't stack at 2)? Or is there a moment when you let the Glacial Spike off without Brain Freeze? What If I'm casting like 5 frostbolts and Brain Freeze just don't proc?
Pretty much, long story short you never want to use glacial spike without brainfreeze due to the crit mechanic tied to brainfreeze. If you take ebonbolt it's used for proc protection.
You always save brain freeze if you have 3 or more icicles and you always save glacial spike for brain freeze. Yes fish for more procs before casting. The shatter bonus is worth it.
Talent with Ebonbolt which will force a Brainfreeze proc. So EbonBolt -> Glacial Spike -> Flurry -> Icy Lance
08/26/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Syrisa
Pretty much, long story short you never want to use glacial spike without brainfreeze due to the crit mechanic tied to brainfreeze. If you take ebonbolt it's used for proc protection.

You cast GS without a Brainfreeze proc if there are 2+ targets and you're specced into SI. It's a less common setup during the M0 zerg, but still relevant once real content is released.