Oops, did we make it pay to win???

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
You can buy the best gear in the game with gold currently, you can also buy gold with real money. It doesn’t get any more cut and dry folks, they know exactly what they’re doing. The revenue they are bringing in from people buying gear with real money to get raid ready must be staggering. Funny how this crept up on us, almost didn’t even notice it...
WoW isn't really a "pay to win" game since everyone has a different idea of what "winning" is.
You can't buy mythic raid gear with gold unless if you count third-party services.
Win what? Do we win in this game?

Let people do whatever they want with their money. Who cares?
08/26/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Flutterdash
You can't buy mythic raid gear with gold unless if you count third-party services.

Even if you could, you'd still need to know how to play in order to win (AKA: Killing the bosses).
What the hell is your name OP.

It's not even a level 1 alt, christ
08/26/2018 10:35 PMPosted by MorepoD3F904
You can buy the best gear in the game with gold currently

For about another week. Once Uldir comes out you'll be able to get far better items.
08/26/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Patchs

The Chinese bots must be on strike.
08/26/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Hankypanky
Win what? Do we win in this game?

Not sure, but apparently you can exploit, so that must be for something.
...Win? What is there to win?

Paying real money to see the end of a video game is pretty pathetic of the people doing it. Even if I don't see the "end" of this game I still wouldn't drop real money for something as ridiculous as gear for my virtual avatar. I get nothing in real life from that.
No. The best gear is still obtainable through in-games means. Now if they had Mythic Gear or better than Mythic gear in the shop, you'd have a point. Anyone can farm gold without paying real cash and buy carries. This is nothing new.

It’s the ultimate shadow Alt for MAXIMUM TROLLAGE
Its a lesser form of pay to win, as very nice boe items have always been in the game, and often at times such as now where they are bis for some. The difference is that now Blizzard sells gold, so for some it is pay to win, but not quite in the usual sense of the term.

Perhaps "pay to be closer to winning" is better.
08/26/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Kellorkleft

The Chinese bots must be on strike.

Server merge my old name must have been taken
If you're referring to the epic BoE's its not really a big deal.
Yeah someone can spend hundreds of real life dollars for wow token gold. (which they created just to stop the chinese gold farming market that was plaguing wow for so long).

Giving a noob full epics, doesnt make them good at the game. Does it give him an unfair advantage? well no they're terrible, but in theory sure. But im ok with it, stupid suckers will buy my overpriced BoE nonsense.
If you know how to raid, it doesn't matter where your gear comes from as long as it's adequate to start. But if you don't know how to raid, it doesn't matter either, because they'll kick you out of the raid as soon as they can tell you're an idiot.
What are you on about? Mythic drops are BOP unless it's with a group member who was present for the drop. I'm pretty sure the best tradeable gear is ilvl 300 crafted gear, and that crap is crap.
This is pre-raid. The same thing could have been said about WoD & Legion in their pre-raid periods. It's not like you can buy every slot 350, and even if you could, you would without a doubt do less DPS than someone in properly itemised Mythic dungeon gear. Pre-raid really doesn't count for anything, we'll be replacing most of this gear in a week and a half with items you can't buy.
Oh look its this post again....
I thought we entered P2W territory when they started selling max level characters, everyone else seemed to disagree with me with the "what are you winning" rhetoric so I guess they don't really agree.