"But...but Muh Honor.. But muh Glory"

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
If that's the sum of your argument against Sylvanas' actions... sorry but you have no argument.

She does what's needed to win For the Horde.

There is nothing honorable or glorious about any aspect of war... it's murder and destruction no matter how you go about it.

Is getting your limbs blown off by a demolisher or trebuchet so you can sit in an ever growing pool of your own blood until you drown in it, really so much better than dying to the blight?
FOR THE HORDE!!
SAURFANG should commit sudoku and be done with it
She isn't doing it for the Horde, she's doing it to exterminate all life. That has been her goal since day one. I don't dislike her because she's effective, I dislike her because once the Alliance is taken care of - theoretically - she'll turn her plague on the living races of the Horde.

I'd rather not have a genocidal maniac in charge.
I have yet to hear a sound argument against the blight as to why it is so much worse than the myriad of other ways the warcraft universe gives us to cause suffering in our victims before killing them.
08/09/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Nirùh
SAURFANG should commit sudoku and be done with it

Agreed. And he should do the higher difficulty ones too... none of this carving 9 squares on your chest. I WANT DOZENS!
i saw him as noble in darkshore. and in the zappyboi cinematic then tuesday he comes out whiney.
08/09/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Lilithyra
She isn't doing it for the Horde, she's doing it to exterminate all life. That has been her goal since day one. I don't dislike her because she's effective, I dislike her because once the Alliance is taken care of - theoretically - she'll turn her plague on the living races of the Horde.

I'd rather not have a genocidal maniac in charge.

really?

Because other than a couple casualties of war at Lordaeron she has never openly attacked the Horde and/or attempted to genocide any race of the horde.

So no, she is not on a genocidal rampage to end all life as far as I've ever seen.

In fact she never exterminated all the Nelfs and raised any of them either.
Pretty sure Orc Culture is all about having a Fighting chance, Which is why to the Horde which began as a Solely Orcish Horde, Using a great plague to strip any soldier or warrior from having any chance of surviving or fighting to save himself is dishonourable to them.
I understand why she uses it, It's a weapon and just like in the real world no matter how dangerous a weapon is, people will still develop and use them, TO WIN.
08/09/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Volmere
If that's the sum of your argument against Sylvanas' actions... sorry but you have no argument.

There is nothing honorable or glorious about any aspect of war... it's murder and destruction no matter how you go about it.

Is getting your limbs blown off by a demolisher or trebuchet so you can sit in an ever growing pool of your own blood until you drown in it, really so much better than dying to the blight?

would have made more sense to have Undercity rigged with blight and the horde hide at the neighboring outposts, alliance walk into Undercity surprised there is no civilians or combatants. and after one day you detonate the blight with the alliance happlessley fortified inside.

end result some measure of alliance are dead, Undercity is sacrficed, limited or no horde casualties and now the Horde are able to launch a counter attack to retake Undercity (if they choose) from a position of strength since thy would have the alliance surrounded and fleeing a blighted city.

And if the alliance dont settle in UC because they fear a trap, trigger the blight bombs anyways and now you have the alliance separated from there fleet with Horde at there front and a blighted undercity at there rear.

it was a basic viking strategy to sacrifice towns they sacked if they could not actually defend them, let the enemy back inside the walls and then attack from all sides.
OK. Have fun being the indisputably evil side in this conflict then.

Not necessarily...fighting against people who willingly volunteered to fight is different than fighting and destroying innocent people. Sure they both arent pretty...butr there are still aspects of honor in war time.
08/09/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Jynxz
Pretty sure Orc Culture is all about having a Fighting chance, Which is why to the Horde which began as a Solely Orcish Horde, Using a great plague to strip any soldier or warrior from having any chance of surviving or fighting to save himself is dishonourable to them.
I understand why she uses it, It's a weapon and just like in the real world no matter how dangerous a weapon is, people will still develop and use them, TO WIN.

Pretty sure drinking demon blood to empower yourself was against their culture too then?

But if I remember, it seemed to slide smoothly down their throats
08/09/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Boffo
OK. Have fun being the indisputably evil side in this conflict then.

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE ALLIANCE IS EVIL! *edgy glare*
08/09/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Volmere
Because other than a couple casualties of war at Lordaeron she has never openly attacked the Horde and/or attempted to genocide any race of the horde.

False, and you're deluding yourself if you believe otherwise. Since Classic WoW it has been reinforced that the Forsaken are allies of the Horde for the sake of convenience, nothing more. Walk into the Apothecary area of the Undercity and you'd see plague experiments on Horde races just as often as Alliance races.

So no, she is not a genocidal rampage to end all life as far as I've ever seen.

Hm... I wonder if you actually pay attention to her lore. She wanted to kill everyone in Stormwind and raise them as Undead in her most recent book.

Don't have to raise them to exterminate them. She has made Life her enemy.
08/09/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Doomgard

would have made more sense to have Undercity rigged with blight and the horde hide at the neighboring outposts, alliance walk into Undercity surprised there is no civilians or combatants. and after one day you detonate the blight with the alliance happlessley fortified inside.

end result some measure of alliance are dead, Undercity is sacrficed, limited or no horde casualties and now the Horde are able to launch a counter attack to retake Undercity (if they choose) from a position of strength since thy would have the alliance surrounded and fleeing a blighted city.

And if the alliance dont settle in UC because they fear a trap, trigger the blight bombs anyways and now you have the alliance separated from there fleet with Horde at there front and a blighted undercity at there rear.

This 100% would never work, The Alliance wouldn't just walk into a empty city, The reason sylvanas' trap actually worked was becase she made it seem like the horde was losing.
all she has done is to prove that the horde should not be left peacefully alone. after a near existence ending event they turned their bloodlust on a group of people who were doing nothing to them.

with that in mind the horde should be eradicated.
08/09/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Shudder
I have yet to hear a sound argument against the blight as to why it is so much worse than the myriad of other ways the warcraft universe gives us to cause suffering in our victims before killing them.

it's ok for the alliance to use their locks to summon demons or their DKs to summon skeletons. that's all good. but whatever the horde does is evil.

/eyeroll

The Horde was BUILT around the concept of warrior honor. If you fail to find any value in that, you really aren't Horde.

False, and you're deluding yourself if you believe otherwise. Since Classic WoW it has been reinforced that the Forsaken are allies of the Horde for the sake of convenience, nothing more. Walk into the Apothecary area of the Undercity and you'd see plague experiments on Horde races just as often as Alliance races.

So no, she is not a genocidal rampage to end all life as far as I've ever seen.

Hm... I wonder if you actually pay attention to her lore. She wanted to kill everyone in Stormwind and raise them as Undead in her most recent book.

Don't have to raise them to exterminate them. She has made Life her enemy.

WANTING and DOING are 2 different things..... You said she is trying to exterminate all life yet she hasn't genocided anyone... Not even the Gilneans or Nelves can be considered true genocide.

So until she actually openly starts a war with Horde members with the intent to raise us as Forsaken... this is all just hearsay