"But...but Muh Honor.. But muh Glory"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
War is war, she took over the city and won, sure fine. She didn't have to burn unarmed civilians. There was a pause before she lit the tree on fire.

It wasn't some face roll killing anything in our way. She made the decision to take no prisoners AFTER she had won. She lost me after that. That is a twist of the knife after a killing blow.
Hm... I wonder if you actually pay attention to her lore. She wanted to kill everyone in Stormwind and raise them as Undead in her most recent book.
Stormwind isn't really the Horde so...so what?
WANTING and DOING are 2 different things..... You said she is on a genocidal rampage yet she hasn't genocided anyone... Not even the Gilneans or Nelves can be considered true genocide.

900+ Night Elves slaughtered. Civilians, and presumably children as well (though mechanically you'd likely never see that.) I'd call that genocide.

08/09/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Volmere
So until she actually openly starts a war with Horde members with the intent to raise us as Forsaken... this is all just hearsay

Given she was willing to unleash the Plague on her own soldiers during the Battle for Lordaeron, I'm going to say the evidence is already there.

08/09/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Defiasbandit

Slaughter for the sake of slaughter.
08/09/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Yasudra
08/09/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Shudder
I have yet to hear a sound argument against the blight as to why it is so much worse than the myriad of other ways the warcraft universe gives us to cause suffering in our victims before killing them.

it's ok for the alliance to use their locks to summon demons or their DKs to summon skeletons. that's all good. but whatever the horde does is evil.

/eyeroll

No, more specific; when Sylvanas does it. That is when it really crosses the line for the kids in blue.
so we're just ignoring the fact that she burned thousands of children and civilians alive while screaming "death to the living," almost literally because a night elf said "i weep for you, you will not extinguish our hope in life."

after massacring villages as well as plaguebombing her own troops killing her own followers in the most horrendous way possible and pretending it's some sort of orc honor thing just because she sat on a throne and looked cool?

k
I think you may have just made a case for Orc culture wrongly glorifying warfare. We blood elves know the score, it's kill or be killed, forget all those tribal honor notions.

This toon is a total psychopath. Kill's anything if the payoff is right. Right? :)
08/09/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Lilithyra
She isn't doing it for the Horde, she's doing it to exterminate all life. That has been her goal since day one.

You keep saying that but all her quotes are:
"This Horde is worth saving"
"For the Horde"
"I'll do what I must for my people"

and other stuff along those lines.
Not even the Gilneans or Nelves can be considered true genocide.
Is that why the Elegy novella says verbatim, “Sylvanas has committed genocide”?

I’m still trying to understand why she burned the tree. The original plan called for holding Teldrassil as a bargaining chip to force the Alliance into inaction. Instead she galvanized the entire Alliance to move against her. She basically took out all the awkwardness the Alliance would need to sift through to declare total war. From a strategic standpoint, it was a poor decision. The fact that it’s genocide is extra salt on the wound. (Approx. one Dead Sea’s worth but not touching that.)

I get that she wanted to send a powerful message to the Night Elves by destroying one of their greatest symbols, but I don’t see how this is an effective replacement for killing Malfurion. Instead of being broken the Night Elves resolve is more hardened than ever and Sylvanas knew this would be the result before she gave the order.

I simply can’t come up with why she’d commit one of the greatest war crimes we’ve ever seen.

I’ve followed Sylvanas’ brand of logic for all of her decisions so far and I can see a certain sense to them. It’s just burning Teldrassil I can’t fathom.
08/09/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Dracoh
"For the Horde"

You're examining her character through her words, rather than her actions, and that'll do you in every time. Just like any good politician, she wields a silver tongue.
08/09/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Diobrando
while screaming "death to the living,"

Where exactly did that happen or are you just fabricating lore to suit your desires?
08/09/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Dracoh
08/09/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Lilithyra
She isn't doing it for the Horde, she's doing it to exterminate all life. That has been her goal since day one.

"For the Horde"

Trusting a word that comes out of her mouth is hilarious. She's terrified of dying again and is using the entirety of the Horde as a shield to stop going back to Super Double Hell (TM) as I like to call it.
08/09/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Lilithyra
WANTING and DOING are 2 different things..... You said she is on a genocidal rampage yet she hasn't genocided anyone... Not even the Gilneans or Nelves can be considered true genocide.

900+ Night Elves slaughtered. Civilians, and presumably children as well (though mechanically you'd likely never see that.) I'd call that genocide.

So until she actually openly starts a war with Horde members with the intent to raise us as Forsaken... this is all just hearsay

Given she was willing to unleash the Plague on her own soldiers during the Battle for Lordaeron, I'm going to say the evidence is already there.

08/09/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Defiasbandit

900 Nelves does not = attempting to kill off their whole race... She would have burned it if it was empty and she hasn't continued on trying to eradicate the rest of Nelves form the planet... So therefore not genocide

As far as lordaeron goes... She sent out a team to try and save as many as possible and again, she would have blighted the area without Horde present further proving that the presence or absence of Horde wouldn't have changed her decision.

her goal was to kill/stop the Alliance

and Stormwind? LOL yes that's we do in this game,, Horde and Alliance try to kill one another... are you new here?
LMAO Sylvanas fanboys.

08/09/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Shudder
Where exactly did that happen or are you just fabricating lore to suit your desires?

It literally happens in game all the time.
08/09/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Shudder
08/09/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Diobrando
while screaming "death to the living,"

in the short that came out last week she said something like that, i can't rewatch the video, but she very much siding with death
You know it's funny but I think burning the tree might be the Horde's Pearl Harbor. Try at a crippling first strike, strengthen the enemy's resolve. Now the Alliance can't even try to play nice. Many more lives will be lost before this strategic debacle is over, maybe even Syl's own (unlife).
08/09/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Lilithyra
Okay but it's the Alliance so...so what?
08/09/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Nirùh
SAURFANG should commit sudoku and be done with it

Sudoku? Did you meant Seppuku? 0_0
08/09/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Boffo
OK. Have fun being the indisputably evil side in this conflict then.

K!
08/09/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Volmere
900 Nelves does not = attempting to kill off their whole race... She would have burned it if it was empty and she hasn't continued on trying to eradicate the rest of Nelves form the planet... So therefore not genocide

Do yourself a favor a look up the word "genocide" on dictionary.com.

gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd
noun
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

As far as lordaeron goes... She sent out a team to try and save as many as possible and again, she would have blighted the area without Horde resent further proving that the presence or absence of Horde wouldn't have changed her decision.

She didn't send out anyone, the Horde player can make that choice. She didn't specifically tell anyone to save those who were blighted.

and Stormwind? LOL yes that's we do in this game,, Horde and Alliance try to kill one another... are you new here?

Ah, but therein lies a difference in war and slaughter. Sylvanas' words did not imply conquest, they implied mass murder.
Volmere, I like you and everything, but every time I see one of your posts for a very brief moment I think I posted it.

Seriously thinking of changing my xmog.