"But...but Muh Honor.. But muh Glory"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
08/09/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Krenindor
08/09/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Nirùh
SAURFANG should commit sudoku and be done with it

Sudoku? Did you meant Seppuku? 0_0

Yeah I guess that would be too edgy for a teen game, but falling on his own blade to preserve his honor would be a fitting end and send a hel of a message.
08/09/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Hazzulu
The Horde was BUILT around the concept of warrior honor. If you fail to find any value in that, you really aren't Horde.

So how many races in the current Horde actually value warrior honor? The orcs, trolls, tauren and huojin pandaren are all that really spring to mind.
08/09/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Diobrando
08/09/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Shudder

Where exactly did that happen or are you just fabricating lore to suit your desires?

in the short that came out last week she said something like that, i can't rewatch the video, but she very much siding with death

Oh you mean the warbringer short where she said no such thing?

So, yes, it's your headcanon.
08/09/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Volmere
900 Nelves does not = attempting to kill off their whole race... She would have burned it if it was empty and she hasn't continued on trying to eradicate the rest of Nelves form the planet... So therefore not genocide
I hestitate to say it was 982 people. The only reason that’s the quest objective is because that’s the number of models in Darnassus. I don’t think that it literally meant that the population of all the holdings of Teldrassil was less than 1000. The game takes liberties at times for the sake of playability.

Canonically, there was a ton of civilians killed in the burning. Like seriously, a ton. If I look at the WoW Wiki it puts the population of Darnassus at ~15k not counting any of the other settlements in Teldrassil such as Shadowglen.
Yeah seriously. I'm already sick and tired of Blizzard including "honor" in every bit of their dialogue. This isn't mok'gora. It's F'ing WAR. If the other side is whining to me about honor then I know I'll likely win.
900 Nelves does not = attempting to kill off their whole race... She would have burned it if it was empty and she hasn't continued on trying to eradicate the rest of Nelves form the planet... So therefore not genocide

Do yourself a favor a look up the word "genocide" on dictionary.com.

gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd
noun
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

As far as lordaeron goes... She sent out a team to try and save as many as possible and again, she would have blighted the area without Horde resent further proving that the presence or absence of Horde wouldn't have changed her decision.

She didn't send out anyone, the Horde player can make that choice. She didn't specifically tell anyone to save those who were blighted.

and Stormwind? LOL yes that's we do in this game,, Horde and Alliance try to kill one another... are you new here?

Ah, but therein lies a difference in war and slaughter. Sylvanas' words did not imply conquest, they implied mass murder.

you left out the part of Genocide meaning 'attempt to kill ALL of a species or ethnic group'

and yes, the player can make the choice because that's game play... but who organized everything? Sylvanas and she sent out the gas masks etc to make them available for those that don't wan to to die.

And yes, war is slaughter... We slaughter things in this game all the time... boars, harpies, murlocs,

you name it we slaughter it...
08/09/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Mikaelle
LMAO Sylvanas fanboys.

08/09/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Shudder
Where exactly did that happen or are you just fabricating lore to suit your desires?

It literally happens in game all the time.

Gotta source? I can't recall Sylvanas ever screaming "death to the living" while killing anyone.

You know, Sylvanas is a pretty shady character. I have no idea why you guys feel the need to make things up to convince yourself that she totally prefers renegade Shepard over paragon Shepard.
08/09/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Mikdra
08/09/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Hazzulu
The Horde was BUILT around the concept of warrior honor. If you fail to find any value in that, you really aren't Horde.

So how many races in the current Horde actually value warrior honor? The orcs, trolls, tauren and huojin pandaren are all that really spring to mind.
So you left yourself with forsaken, goblin, and bloodelves?
08/09/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Venjin
Volmere, I like you and everything, but every time I see one of your posts for a very brief moment I think I posted it.

Seriously thinking of changing my xmog.

but it's such a good mog for a Troll.. don't do it muh brudda
Think they are talking about the comic, When she says ''all will serve death, all will serve me'' maybe?
08/09/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Olm

Yeah I guess that would be too edgy for a teen game, but falling on his own blade to preserve his honor would be a fitting end and send a hel of a message.

The problem is Saurfang doesn't want or thinkg that way, he wants a warrior's death, not a "honorable" death. He wants to be killed in battle. He would probably find no honor on killing himself, I think that for an orc that would be seen as being weak.

Yeah he annoys me with his honor crap. I /spit on him when he abandoned the horde in search of “honor”
08/09/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Jinjinks
Think they are talking about the comic, When she says ''all will serve death, all will serve me'' maybe?

But surely if they meant that they would specify that instead of conjuring up events that never happened out of thin air right?

Right?
08/09/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Volmere
you left out the part of Genocide meaning 'attempt to kill ALL of a species or ethnic group'

Where is that in that definition? Did I link hidden text somewhere?

and yes, the player can make the choice because that's game play... but who organized everything? Sylvanas and she sent out the gas masks etc to make them available for those that don't wan to to die.

Mechanically yes, but canonically? I wonder about that.

And yes, war is slaughter... We slaughter things in this game all the time... boars, harpies, murlocs,

you name it we slaughter it...

War is not necessarily slaughter. You can take prisoners, you can impose your will on conquered people. Again, you're missing my main point.

She wants to exterminate all life. There is plenty of in-game canon evidence for this. You cannot deny as much.

Haha, I'm sorry... but that's hilarious.
Not sure how Saurfang would benefit playing a number's game....
:D

He MAY however, commit Sepukku...

It should be sudoku. How else will he pass time all alone in his jail cell?
08/09/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Volmere
She does what's needed to win For the Horde.

I'd argue that she does what she thinks results in the greatest chances of her not dying. Every Horde life she saves is one that she'll sacrifice later if it'll save her skin.
These threads are just copying each other over and over.
08/09/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Volmere
08/09/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Lilithyra
She isn't doing it for the Horde, she's doing it to exterminate all life. That has been her goal since day one. I don't dislike her because she's effective, I dislike her because once the Alliance is taken care of - theoretically - she'll turn her plague on the living races of the Horde.

I'd rather not have a genocidal maniac in charge.

really?

Because other than a couple casualties of war at Lordaeron she has never openly attacked the Horde and/or attempted to genocide any race of the horde.

So no, she is not on a genocidal rampage to end all life as far as I've ever seen.

In fact she never exterminated all the Nelfs and raised any of them either.

Sylvanas denial is so strong in her fanbois it's cringe worthy.

You can find multiple instances IN canon where she has little care for the living Horde members, will use the Forsaken as meat shields and wanted the val'kyr to raise more than just humans into undead.
08/09/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Volmere
There is nothing honorable or glorious about any aspect of war... it's murder and destruction no matter how you go about it.

If you truly feel that way you never belonged to the Horde. The Horde was built upon Honor by Thrall, Cairne and Vol'jin and because of that They were supported/tolerated by Alliance as well.