"But...but Muh Honor.. But muh Glory"

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
Oh ok, so she committed genocide ACCIDENTALLY then. Well then I suppose that makes it all better. All those elves burnt to death because of poor intel.
08/09/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Dracoh
You keep saying that but all her quotes are:
"This Horde is worth saving"
"For the Horde"
"I'll do what I must for my people"

and other stuff along those lines.

like garrosh?

It's funny how everyone praises sylvanas, but I would be worried, she is gathering a lot of power and wining too much, she is acting like a villain who mocks the heroes, that in WoW never ends well.

What villain in wow has had a perpetual victory?

none, garrosh destroyed cities and ended as an ornament in nagrand.

People sometimes forget that this is a game of two factions, and eventually the balance has to be leveled, the last time the horde did all this ended with a city besieged and his boss beaten and humiliated.
08/09/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Yagarr
Buddy, morality matters.

Saurfang is one guy who puts his principles before blind loyalty to his nation or race.

Yes, he did abandon the Horde, and the orcs for the sake of his pride.

Solid guy. Sound leader.
08/09/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Nirùh
SAURFANG should commit sudoku and be done with it
SUDOKU LOL
08/09/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Shudder
What a load. If no reasonable justification exists in universe in the lore aside from "it is bad because we say so" then there is no justification to accept that as truth for any character.

You mean like killing the land and everything it touches rendering life infertile there? Something that many cultures like the shamanistic and druidic cultures , you know, half the horde supposedly, would be completely against? or maybe the fact that its considered that Azeroth itself , the planet which is a living being, suffers for it?.
08/09/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Nirùh

I hear he has a problem with numbers.

Suicide by overwhelming force is more his thing.
She states all will serve her in Death...This is factually true and none understand this better than the bronze dragonflight. All that grows must die. It is the natural progression of time. If something is alive then so too must it die.

Thereby serving her in death.
Sylvanas has been fantastic so far, tbh.

It's going to be interesting to see if she is really a Horde loyalist with more aggressive tactics, or if she has other goals in the background.

I really hope that Blizzard has something important planned for her after this expansion, since it doesn't feel like she will continue on as Warchief.

If she ends up leading a new faction or something, with a dark grey moral alignment, then I definitely have some characters who would sign up.

Or she could be an antagonist for both factions in the future, I suppose. A redemption story isn't impossible, but it feels unlikely, and I would want her to remain very much on the ruthless side of the moral spectrum anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/XbRVDqQ
08/09/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Lilithyra
08/09/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Volmere
If my choices we're to be blighted by Sylvanas or Anduin order a demolisher blow my limbs off so I can bleed out slowly and drown in mine and other's blood as it slowly get's higher around me.... I can't say that either one sound better or worse...

In fact I might choose the blight

If you really think blight is so much worse than other things done by members of the Horde/Alliance then there is nothing to debate with you in the first place

Where did I argue that the Blight is bad? My point is her desire to end all life. You can do that with fire, with ice, with shadow, with light, with steel, with plague, who cares? The point is that she wants literally anything with a pulse to stop having that pulse.

:eyeroll:

I think this is becoming so abundantly clear that she'll eventually have to go. Then the forsaken will need to beg the horde for forgiveness, as undead they too are the enemies of life. One of the reasons I'm not more lore oriented is things like this, undead in horde make zero sense. And would people be as supportive of Sylvanas if she was some jawless rotting old forsaken dude instead of a "hot" elf?
08/09/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Firemane
Because the characters in the game world think that it is

But why do they think it is?

Surely these characters have in game reasoning as to why. If they do not then that is just shallow writing.

Critique of the writing aside, there is reasoning dating all the way back to the Third War (WC3) and the advent of the Scourge. That reasoning was further emphasized by the actions of Putress at the Wrathgate, and Sylvanas herself during the attack on Gilneas (in which she used the Blight in express disobedience to orders from her superior).

You're applying real world logic to a fantasy world in which we can raise the dead and fling destructive magic from our fingertips and summon demons to do our bidding.

Not even. In fact, the only side that is basing their reasoning on real life logic is the side saying that the blight is wrong.

But you are. You're saying, "hey the Blight's not so bad because look at all the other stuff we can do." But that's YOU thinking that. The characters in the story don't think that way. To them, the Blight is bad juju, and contrary to your assertions I think the story has established that pretty clearly.

the lore has established that use of the Blight is considered an atrocity by characters on both sides of the faction divide. Therefore the story (and the characters within it) must stay true to that belief.

What a load. If no reasonable justification exists in universe in the lore aside from "it is bad because we say so" then there is no justification to accept that as truth for any character.

*shrug* See above.
08/09/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Volmere
She does what's needed to win For the Horde.

Genocide and treason isn't winning, those are illegal acts of war, you don't see the Alliance going around killing non-combatants aka civilians. Ever since the dark ages/medieval period killing non-combatants was frowned upon if not an illegal act of war, non-combatants are far more useful alive than dead. Hostages? Conversion into your society? If I invaded your country or land, I wouldn't kill your non-combatants. Why? Food, Supplies, Income.
08/09/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Volmere
So until she actually openly starts a war with Horde members with the intent to raise us as Forsaken... this is all just hearsay

She's already committed treason against the horde, she kills HORDE FORCES with the plague in the battle of Lordaeron.
08/09/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Luciell

You mean like killing the land and everything it touches rendering life infertile there? Something that many cultures like the shamanistic and druidic cultures , you know, half the horde supposedly, would be completely against? or maybe the fact that its considered that Azeroth itself , the planet which is a living being, suffers for it?.

The game has shown that the blight can be neutralized by both fire and frost.

The plaguelands as well are being healed by druids.

As for it causing harm to the titan soul within Azeroth I have seen no lore evidence to back up the claim that it causes her suffering at all.
08/09/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Saarthronah
08/09/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Volmere
So until she actually openly starts a war with Horde members with the intent to raise us as Forsaken... this is all just hearsay

She's already committed treason against the horde, she kills HORDE FORCES with the plague in the battle of Lordaeron.

Alliance scum don;t get to decide what is or is not treason within the Horde... Those forces were about to be killed anyways
there is reasoning dating all the way back to the Third War (WC3) and the advent of the Scourge. That reasoning was further emphasized by the actions of Putress at the Wrathgate, and Sylvanas herself during the attack on Gilneas (in which she used the Blight in express disobedience to orders from her superior).

And what is that reasoning?

But you are. You're saying, "hey the Blight's not so bad because look at all the other stuff we can do." But that's YOU thinking that. The characters in the story don't think that way. To them, the Blight is bad juju, and contrary to your assertions I think the story has established that pretty clearly.

After Sylvanas ordered the torching of Teldrassil, Saurfang stood on the beach for hours listening to the screams of the thousands of night elves as they burned to death. He didn't leave the shore until those anguished cries stopped.

Are you ready to tell me that that method of dying was anymore merciful than death by blight?
08/09/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Shudder
The game has shown that the blight can be neutralized by both fire and frost.

The plaguelands as well are being healed by druids.

As for it causing harm to the titan soul within Azeroth I have seen no lore evidence to back up the claim that it causes her suffering at all.

Only before it settles and kills obvioust.

The plaguelands were not affected by the forsaken blight but by the scouring.

Magni has mentioned Azeroth has suffered from the scouring therefore same with blight or worse since it's stronger.
08/09/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Shudder
08/09/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Zumas
These threads are just copying each other over and over.

Look buddy, if you're not here to call somebody names you can geeeeeet out!

Legitimately made me laugh haha
08/09/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Shudder
After Sylvanas ordered the torching of Teldrassil, Saurfang stood on the beach for hours listening to the screams of the thousands of night elves as they burned to death. He didn't leave the shore until those anguished cries stopped.

Are you ready to tell me that that method of dying was anymore merciful than death by blight?

Saurfang was dumbfounded at what Sylvanas has done, in the "old soldier" cinematic he regrets everything he had done just before that, he regrets her choices to do these things.
08/09/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Luciell
The plaguelands were not affected by the forsaken blight but by the scouring.

The blight is what caused the death of the land as Arthas and the scourged rampaged through it. It was the original strain of the blight and it can be healed from as shown in game.

Magni has mentioned Azeroth has suffered from the scouring

When? In what source material?

therefore same with blight or worse since it's stronger.

First prove the first half of your sentence then we'll discuss the second half that is based solely on the first half being true.