Here's a "Footman's Cleaver" for your trouble

General Discussion
I thought it was funny the scenario rewarded 180 gear while the WQs in Darkshore are 210.

Legion prepatch was so much better with the invasions and xp extravaganza. This prepatch was so boring I hardly played at all.
08/10/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Maizou
They're meant to be weapons for new 110s to get to go into BFA with, since they won't have artifacts with relics in them.

They're not meant to be upgrades for people with decent relic'd artifacts.

QFT.

Your artifacts start at 152 with no relics. Heirloom weapons top out at 160 at 110. If you go straight into the scenario as soon as you hit 110 it's going to be a 20-28 item level upgrade.

I mean yes, you can get a couple +8 relics on your way to 110 and your artifact weapon may be around 168 when you get to 110 and the third slot opens, but I suspect most people moving forward aren't going to go looking for another relic before they go leveling in BfA.
Im just wondering why such a lack of timed pre patch items.

Didn't legion prelaunch have an entire armor set, a pet, and stuff? I liked the invasion of UC but BFA prelaunch didn't offer much else interesting.
/old man voice

Back in my day we looted our [Simple Dagger] and praised the gods for such generosity! Back then you'd be lucky if Marshall Dughan spit on you after turning in a quest much less give you an item. We had to fight uphill both ways in kobold-infested mines just to get our teeth kicked in by Goldtooth.

Those were the days...
08/10/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Hoolius

Didn't legion prelaunch have an entire armor set, a pet, and stuff?

The armor sets from the invasions were a recolor of something, as I recall, I think of the Draenor crafted armor.

You can get a set for your class from the Darkshore world quests, (which I guess are the sets you get from a boost, or similar?).

So that part is not too different, really. This is class-based, while the invasions were based on armor type.

There was a toy and a pet available during the Legion pre-patch, but this event has the faction mounts.
08/10/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Melaroi
08/10/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Maizou
They're meant to be weapons for new 110s to get to go into BFA with, since they won't have artifacts with relics in them.

They're not meant to be upgrades for people with decent relic'd artifacts.

QFT.

Your artifacts start at 152 with no relics. Heirloom weapons top out at 160 at 110. If you go straight into the scenario as soon as you hit 110 it's going to be a 20-28 item level upgrade.

I mean yes, you can get a couple +8 relics on your way to 110 and your artifact weapon may be around 168 when you get to 110 and the third slot opens, but I suspect most people moving forward aren't going to go looking for another relic before they go leveling in BfA.

I sincerely appreciate the response to the thread but please read the original post (granted it's a bit verbose) but it's not about iLvl. It's about the item's name and its implications.

"Thank you champion! ... Hmm ... <reaches into a nearby barrel of weapons> Ahh yes! This will do! Here's a footman's cleaver, Champi... er .. Footman... eh.. hmm. <awkward>"
I do wish we'd got better event stuff. Themed weapons would've been really cool. At least the Horde got a cool mount. Alliance got totally stiff-armed on the hippogriff.
08/10/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Gallain
08/10/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Marlockie
If you want the short answer.... you are who Blizzard wants you to be... you'll never be in a book, you will never be referenced... you are a nameless person doing things that either a hero or a named npc would do.

That much is clear.
These are obvious and not part of my expectations.
Shouldn't be part of anyone's expectations.
A fair expectation is to have something sensible.
Blizzard's ongoing story, is that these characters are 'Champions' rising from nothing to stand next to Kings and aid them (albeit namelessly) as such.

But we are not "Grunts" and "Footmen" as these weapon rewards state.
It's all in a name.
Again, Blizzard, by their own storytelling, wants us to be "Champions" and "Heroes"

Champion
noun
a person who has defeated or surpassed all rivals in a competition
a person who fights or argues for a cause or on behalf of someone else

verb
support the cause of; defend

Hero
noun
a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

vs

Grunt
noun
a low-ranking or unskilled soldier or other worker.

Footman
noun
a soldier in the infantry

enormous difference.

again .. I am being picky.
But i admire details and think they help build consistency and help me understand, as a player, my role in the story. Nameless or otherwise.

All comments here are appreciated, btw.
All good :)
and now in the quest/scenario you are either a footman, a grunt or whatever else the weapons say are for, for the Story of Legion you played the role of a Champion/Hero. BfA will tell the story of someone else the Player Chars are stepping in the shoes of.
Our status in our respective factions was also smooshed with the stat squish. It’s the great reset of 2018.

Battle for Amnesia, Making New Friends Everday in Battle for Amnesia.
As much as I'm not one to call for loot to rain from the sky, it would be nice to have stuff on par or slightly better than daily gear.