I feel... weaker.

General Discussion
No, I haven't gotten my main toon to 120 yet, it is only at 115. But at the moment, I feel like I am getting weaker as I progress through the levels instead of getting stronger.

Does anyone else feel like this at the moment?
Yes. It gets pretty bad.
Yep. It's a very common complaint in chat and from my friends in discord.

The scaling isn't a good idea for an MMO.
I mean.. you are leveling and the world is scaling with you lol
Yeah, as I leveled up myself, I went from being able to pull like 6+ mobs to only about 3 at a time. Even though I'm a pally.

edit ; I feel like it's the same problem with most animes too. Once your reach god-tier, you have to come up with more outlandish things to either ground you back down or literally be throwing planets at each other eventually.
08/15/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Arthwa
I mean.. you are leveling and the world is scaling with you lol

Except you come in overgeared for your level and that wears off as your level increases.
You went from absolutely end game gear on mobs only slightly higher than you, to green items with lower haste percentages on equally leveled opponents

You are obviously not weaker since epic gear has higher stat weights to stat percentages ratios than greens, but relative to the past you are stronger. It's just , so is everything else
Welcome to a new expansion my friend, same exact complaints were here during the first week of Legion.

Remember, you have two years to become stronger as your journey just began. Relax, it's normal and enjoy the ride.
Yep,

My poor death knight gets nearly demolished if I get more than two mobs on me. Not liking it.
I went from being able to solo packs of mobs and blowing up elites to having to blow cooldowns to kill 2 mobs at once.

The crash is real. And steep. And very disconcerting.
Just wait until you see your secondaries at 120. It looks like the stat sheet of a level 20.
Just 20% shy of 119 its not horrible but I'm up to ilvl 280. Keep Afro on pet and feign death if I'm in trouble.
i felt pretty powerful until 118, then the bad levelling gear kicks in leaving you with 9% haste and bottom of the barrel dps.
08/15/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Battlemaiden
You went from absolutely end game gear on mobs only slightly higher than you, to green items with lower haste percentages on equally leveled opponents

You are obviously not weaker since epic gear has higher stat weights to stat percentages ratios than greens, but relative to the past you are stronger. It's just , so is everything else

That shouldn't be any reason to why it feels like I'm getting weaker as I level.

I mean, I'll point it out this way, at 115, I feel like a level 105. My chaos bolt is hitting slitely around 8-9k, the same as what it was in Legion. Plus, since my Lock was at 235 when BfA fully dropped, I didn't need to upgrade my gear as much until a few levels later. Now, it is 258. That is 23 ilvl difference from when I started to level to now.
Big drop in power at 120. Maybe keep some flasks on hand.
08/15/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Hanny
I feel like it's the same problem with most animes too. Once your reach god-tier, you have to come up with more outlandish things to either ground you back down or literally be throwing planets at each other eventually.

QFT

And we actually did just defeat a god.
I was doing a normal dungeon earlier and I kinda felt bad that my level 120 mage was getting trashed on the DPS charts by a 115 monk.
I'm at 120, and I'm wondering why our characters even bother?

I'm getting punked by some pirates, why not just let them handle saving the world? They're obviously better geared already.
I fought crabs today that were harder than the legion forces were. I wonder why the legion didn't use them, we would have lost. (freaking crabs man?)
I'm still 110 but guildie said at 118 everything starts to hit you like a truck.