Burnt out

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
08/20/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Atromnis
I feel like it's because it feels almost exactly like Legion. Not a lot's changed, so it feels like we've been playing this for 2 years already.

Exactly
dont smoke so much and you wont get burnt out (oot for the Canadians)
08/20/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Dolor
How come a big portion of the player base are burnt out already (one week in)? Is it due to:

A) time gating
B) rep grinding
C) class pruning
D) losing power as you level
E) rng
F) GCD
G) not gaining any new skills or talents for 20 levels
H) azerite grinding
I) all of the above

All of the above + the few blue posts that juat white knight for the Devs
ilvl scalling mobs killed the game for me. I don't raid, I rarely run dungeons, so since I hit 120, I've become like a wet paper bag and I'll be forced to run lfr or pug normals just so I can go enjoy my open world content. I haven't felt like logging into the game since a few hours after hitting 120 the other day.

The whole reason why I bought BFA was to play a Kul'Tiran, so I'm now just waiting to see what will be required, while logging to do emissaries when they're up. If they're not linked to any of the current reps, then I'll probably just leave the game. The scaling has killed all joy for me.
I don't have burnout, but I am pissed Blizzard is ilvl scaling enemies, ruins the point of gearing.
I am not burnt out yet, and already grinded 3 characters to 120.
How come a big portion of the player base are burnt out already

This is GD. This is not a big portion. If the sky isn't falling here then the sky is probably actually falling. Don't ever take this cesspit to be representative of reality.
I feel like it's because it feels almost exactly like Legion. Not a lot's changed, so it feels like we've been playing this for 2 years already.

This is how it feels for me. I'm slowly leveling juggling between 4 characters as I quest through the content trying to keep interest.

It's odd not being psyched for a new WoW expansion, especially one where the focus is on the war like in the RTS games back in the day.

I'm honestly sad how this is turning out for me....
I think what bothers me the most is the lack of emissary caches. Now doing world quests give you one reward that's generally lackluster and the rewards for the quests themselves aren't helpful at all.

My heart of azeroth is gaining AP at a snail's pace.

The gear I want/need just wont drop from dungeons.

My class and spec is absolute garbage at the moment. I feel bad queuing into heroics and not being able to pull solid numbers, so I tend to stay away from them even though I want the gear desperately. I won't even step foot into a mythic until something changes. I was excited to play with a new guild, but now I just feel like I'm taking away a spot for the million other DPS that want to and could fill the role.

There are a lot of little frustrations adding up that just bum me out. Wish I wanted to play something else, but I just love this game too much to give up on it.
08/20/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Grassybay
dont smoke so much and you wont get burnt out (oot for the Canadians)

I'm Canadian and I've never met a Canadian that says out as, "oot."
08/20/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Drewfu
I think a lot of it is the lack of gear drops. It gets tiring running dungeons, and doing WQ's and killing rares for basically nothing most times.

You gotta be doing something wrong then, took me two hours to go from 290 to 305, and then 2 days to reach 333. Rares and WQs are only a portion of gearing. Try running dungeons and get those reps up as well as buy crafted 300 ilvl gear.
The fact that we have gotten no new talents since lvl 100 is dissapointing to say the least
mail me your stuff sounds like youre leaving.
We need a place like Timeless Isle back. I miss community fun.
How come a big portion of the player base are burnt out already (one week in)? Is it due to:

A) time gating
B) rep grinding
C) class pruning
D) losing power as you level
E) rng
F) GCD
G) not gaining any new skills or talents for 20 levels
H) azerite grinding
I) all of the above

Citation needed.
Once I found out about ilvl scaling, I pretty much cut back on all attempts at progression with the exceptions of WQ's that I'm only doing for reps to get allied races soon as they're available.
How come a big portion of the player base are burnt out already (one week in)?

I don't know where you're getting your 'big portion' statistic from (I suspect nowhere), so I will say I have been doing everything every day since expansion release, and I am not burnt out at all. The only times I came close were while leveling, cause I was an idiot and read quest text, and doing island expeditions, cause good god filling up that bar is mindless monotony.
Going to wait for classic, where gaining a level and getting a new item of gear is actually increases your power over other mobs around you. This "new" way to play just isn't cutting it for me. This design team have really lost their way over time.
08/20/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Hotaruu

Exactly

Don't we get tons of posts about how "the forums" don't want Blizzard making big changes between expansions?
I played through for the story, the quests were nice but there turned out to not really be a lot of main story, I don't have the patience to get another little tidbit in 8.1 and another in 8.2 or whatever.

As for the game mechanics itself yeah I'm just not at a place in my life where I can be assed to log in every day to grab the WQs for the rep I need or make sure I finish a certain weekly, etc.