DPS are literally the WORST

General Discussion
I play DPS, and I always wait for the tank to pull, then if I am a distance away after they've pulled, I'll charge to help them
08/21/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Mandimei
Starting tanking dungeons and holy CRAP dps are MISERABLE to play with.

Impatient, pulling mobs before me. Telling me to GO when I'm setting up a pull.

Spamming mobs with damage when I'm trying to pull them to LOS and away from other groups of mobs.

You all wonder why there is a shortage of tanks and you have to wait 55 minutes for a dungeon queue -- this is why.

Please don't lump all dps in with this type of gamer.. Not all of us are like that

Spamming mobs with damage when I'm trying to pull them to LOS and away from other groups of mobs.

You all wonder why there is a shortage of tanks and you have to wait 55 minutes for a dungeon queue -- this is why.
Not like it's bc where you if killed the wrong one you get mind controlled then everybody kills healer or those nasty birds that fear you across the room pulling everything.Or how about that *sshole shaman that used rockbiter to taunt the mob that kills him while you are a bear tank saying "this bear tank sucks get a real tank he's just pathetic. Sweet rothair is on get him now".Just be thankful you don't have to really tank anymore having to mark every darn thing in kill order ,it's take what you think you can still live mode of tanking.

My experience has been the opposite. I get John Cena tanks who go on a rampage, pull after pull. They aren't obnoxious by any means and do wait for the healer to catch up if he's falling behind on healing or mana.

However, when I was new to the dungeon, I didn't get a chance to hear or read the dialogue that sets the foundation for the theme of the dungeon. Instead, I'm flinging fire all over the place and then having to set my char to auto run so I can catch up on what I missed.

I never pull on behalf of my tank because there are still plenty of things to do when I'm idle. Use excess mats to craft gear and lvl up my professions, read the dungeon journal to educate myself on dungeons/raids I haven't done yet, browse weapons and appearances for ones I haven't obtained yet so I can add that to my 'to do list', etc.