When people are idiots..

General Discussion
Majority of the players: *Looks at secondary stats, has useless stats that the class I play doesn't use* : *Looks at ilvl next* "Upgrade! I don't care if it makes me weaker than the other person of the same class and spec when they have secondary stats that are actually useful to them!"

Majority of the players: *Looks at azerite traits, sees that the traits are for spells that are 3 or 5 minute cds, spells that are rarely used since they're situational or they're 'i'm gonna die i need to pop these now' spells* "Looks good to me even though I rarely use these spells anyways!"

Me: *Looks at secondary stats, sees useless stats and ignores ilvl* "Not an upgrade to me" *Looks at secondary stats, finds useful stats and notices ilvl upgrade* "Finally an upgrade!"

Me: *Looks at azerite traits, sees that they are useless traits for spells I rarely use* "Nope Nope Nope" *scraps*
Textual self touching.
I just.. don't even really look at that stuff.

I also don't want to know boss loot tables. If I don't know what might drop, I'm not disappointed if it doesn't.
Does an idiot also ignore that secondary stats matter much less than they did last expansion?
Jokes on you guy, secondary stats have been greatly devalued. Item level upgrades are more than likely actual upgrades now due to the primary stats.

If you're going to be condescending, try not to be such a moron about it.
You are very smart.
08/24/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Saarthronah
Majority of the players: *Looks at secondary stats, has useless stats that the class I play doesn't use* : *Looks at ilvl next* "Upgrade! I don't care if it makes me weaker than the other person of the same class and spec when they have secondary stats that are actually useful to them!"

Majority of the players: *Looks at azerite traits, sees that the traits are for spells that are 3 or 5 minute cds, spells that are rarely used since they're situational or they're 'i'm gonna die i need to pop these now' spells* "Looks good to me even though I rarely use these spells anyways!"

Me: *Looks at secondary stats, sees useless stats and ignores ilvl* "Not an upgrade to me" *Looks at secondary stats, finds useful stats and notices ilvl upgrade* "Finally an upgrade!"

Me: *Looks at azerite traits, sees that they are useless traits for spells I rarely use* "Nope Nope Nope" *scraps*

Wow.. you are dreamy.

And then i get rejected from groups cause my ilvl is too low.
Wow, you’re so smart and cool.
08/24/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Cambraddon
Textual self touching.

This had me in tears for 10 minutes, no hyperbole. Thank you sir.
08/24/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Snowfox

I also don't want to know boss loot tables. If I don't know what might drop, I'm not disappointed if it doesn't.

It's honestly about being more effective at the role chosen, why take stuff you know won't benefit you in the long run when it will only hinder you, even if its just to get the ilvl for say heroics or mythics. Although DPS as a role can skirt by this a bit but even then they will be infinitely weaker than someone who's taken the proper stats.

Tanks and healers aren't able to skirt by useless stats and pure ilvl upgrades with useless stats either.
08/24/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Saarthronah
08/24/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Snowfox

It's honestly about being more effective at the role chosen, why take stuff you know won't benefit you in the long run when it will only hinder you, even if its just to get the ilvl for say heroics or mythics. Although DPS as a role can skirt by this a bit but even then they will be infinitely weaker than someone who's taken the proper stats.

Tanks and healers aren't able to skirt by useless stats and pure ilvl upgrades with useless stats either.

Sure we are, unless we're trying to do the very end-game progression raids.

Outside of that, WoW is a ridiculously easy game.

Yeah, ignore iLevel .. guess you don't whine about ilevel-gated content then.
I'm inspecting you, always.

Very closely.
and then all the azerite gear clapped
Except for the company who makes the game stating that they just want ilvl to be the authority on upgrades. I don't really care for it being this way, but it's the way it is. Lemme guess you "played in vanilla"?
08/24/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Sven
Jokes on you guy, secondary stats have been greatly devalued. Item level upgrades are more than likely actual upgrades now due to the primary stats.

If they were devalued then items wouldn't have secondary stats now would they? There hasn't been a point where main stats were the defacto source of all means of survival. You should be aware by now that stat squish is a thing.

Oh and FYI, without secondary stats, you wouldn't be criting often much yet alone dealing between 20 and 40 times your auto attack damage.
Human Paladin
What?
08/24/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Saarthronah
08/24/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Sven

If they were devalued then items wouldn't have secondary stats now would they? There hasn't been a point where main stats were the defacto source of all means of survival. You should be aware by now that stat squish is a thing.

Oh and FYI, without secondary stats, you wouldn't be criting often much yet alone dealing between 20 and 40 times your auto attack damage.

Have you summed your character to get your Stat weights? Because I did: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/3LaACHtTE7KBMW48b4U2VW

Guess what your best Stat is for DPS(after weapon damage obviously)?

It's Strength. A primary Stat. And it's not even close. Meaning that for you, an item level increase would be an upgrade for you in almost every case.

Get bent.