When people are idiots..

General Discussion
08/24/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Amademon
What?

The thread is self stimulation disguised as a complaint.
This dude is just too smart for us.
08/24/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Saarthronah
Majority of the players: *Looks at secondary stats, has useless stats that the class I play doesn't use* : *Looks at ilvl next* "Upgrade! I don't care if it makes me weaker than the other person of the same class and spec when they have secondary stats that are actually useful to them!"

Majority of the players: *Looks at azerite traits, sees that the traits are for spells that are 3 or 5 minute cds, spells that are rarely used since they're situational or they're 'i'm gonna die i need to pop these now' spells* "Looks good to me even though I rarely use these spells anyways!"

Me: *Looks at secondary stats, sees useless stats and ignores ilvl* "Not an upgrade to me" *Looks at secondary stats, finds useful stats and notices ilvl upgrade* "Finally an upgrade!"

Me: *Looks at azerite traits, sees that they are useless traits for spells I rarely use* "Nope Nope Nope" *scraps*

Actually, secondary stats are only important when considering equal main stats on gear. Your main stat is so heavily weighted now, that you will always, except in extremely niche situations, be better off taking the higher ilvl because of the increased main stat.

Blizzard has even said that they did this on purpose. Stat weights only matter now when comparing identical item level.
here is what i do

finish quest. get new gear. put on new gear. dont check any stats, just assume its the best because its new.

i like shiny things
08/24/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Sven
Have you summed your character to get your Stat weights? Because I did: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/3LaACHtTE7KBMW48b4U2VW

Guess what your best Stat is for DPS(after weapon damage obviously)?

It's Strength. A primary Stat. And it's not even close. Meaning that for you, an item level increase would be an upgrade for you in almost every case.

Get bent.

Since when were tanks suppose to be topping dps charts? Oh wait never. Not their job just like healers aren't suppose to be tanking much yet alone dpsing unless its disc priests.
Ha. If the ilvl is higher, thus making the primary stat higher, chances are that item is an upgrade for you, even if the secondary stat holds little value compared to your existing item.
08/24/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Naeron
I'm inspecting you, always.

Very closely.

Is that... spaghetti I'm detecting on your breath? Where'd you get the spaghetti?
i look for any piece of gear with +defense or +dodge. that is hunter gear.

oh, and that is a hunter weapon too.
08/24/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Snowfox
08/24/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Saarthronah

It's honestly about being more effective at the role chosen, why take stuff you know won't benefit you in the long run when it will only hinder you, even if its just to get the ilvl for say heroics or mythics. Although DPS as a role can skirt by this a bit but even then they will be infinitely weaker than someone who's taken the proper stats.

Tanks and healers aren't able to skirt by useless stats and pure ilvl upgrades with useless stats either.

Sure we are, unless we're trying to do the very end-game progression raids.

Outside of that, WoW is a ridiculously easy game.

I'd just like to welcome you back Snowfox. A few weeks ago I read a post from you saying you were leaving/quitting, and I'm just glad you're back <3
08/24/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Snowfox
I just.. don't even really look at that stuff.

I also don't want to know boss loot tables. If I don't know what might drop, I'm not disappointed if it doesn't.

You know.... I realized I do the same exact thing! I can totally relate.
08/24/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Saarthronah
08/24/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Sven
Have you summed your character to get your Stat weights? Because I did: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/3LaACHtTE7KBMW48b4U2VW

Guess what your best Stat is for DPS(after weapon damage obviously)?

It's Strength. A primary Stat. And it's not even close. Meaning that for you, an item level increase would be an upgrade for you in almost every case.

Get bent.

Since when were tanks suppose to be topping dps charts? Oh wait never. Not their job just like healers aren't suppose to be tanking much yet alone dpsing unless its disc priests.

DPS does matter to tanks, not only for threat generation(which is more important now than it has been in a while) but as a Paladin your Strength rating also increases the armor gained by Shield of the Righteous.

Also, here's a quote from the Icy Veins Prot Paladin guide:

It is important to take into account that Haste, Mastery, and Versatility are all extremely close in terms of value, and item level is by far the most important aspect of gear upgrades. In most cases this stat priority is only really useful comparing when you have two items of the same item level.

Again, get bent.
well here's the thing

with higher item level you get more str and stam which for most classes except like shadow priest, more base stat outprioritizes other ones, but its hard to juggle sometimes because as a fellow paladin you know how our bread and butter is haste, but lets say you're gettin near haste cap or juggling 23%-30% finding the sweet spot, then all of a sudden that extra str and mastery starts looking pretty sexy.

really I'll just say simming your items outprioritizes most things until you know the class like the back of your hand or if you just don't care.

as well lets be honest with raids not even out yet rushing IL first then going for your stats is the best strat, kus i mean yeah you have bad 2nd stats, but at least you're hitting harder and have more opportunities to get into groups and gear up.

what you're saying isn't wrong though, good stats and skill almost always outweighs pure IL in terms of lets say a 10 IL difference

hell warriors and druids with convergance of fates at 865 probably don't care about the stats because regardless of IL the effect was so beastly it became essential

this is my legion mentality from a low end mythic raider though I'm still bum rushing IL on my main though so I'm not 100% on how BFA will stack up and i will admit i do need to put a bit more research into it
08/24/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Tomplspayme
Majority of the players: *Looks at secondary stats, has useless stats that the class I play doesn't use* : *Looks at ilvl next* "Upgrade! I don't care if it makes me weaker than the other person of the same class and spec when they have secondary stats that are actually useful to them!"

Majority of the players: *Looks at azerite traits, sees that the traits are for spells that are 3 or 5 minute cds, spells that are rarely used since they're situational or they're 'i'm gonna die i need to pop these now' spells* "Looks good to me even though I rarely use these spells anyways!"

Me: *Looks at secondary stats, sees useless stats and ignores ilvl* "Not an upgrade to me" *Looks at secondary stats, finds useful stats and notices ilvl upgrade* "Finally an upgrade!"

Me: *Looks at azerite traits, sees that they are useless traits for spells I rarely use* "Nope Nope Nope" *scraps*

Actually, secondary stats are only important when considering equal main stats on gear. Your main stat is so heavily weighted now, that you will always, except in extremely niche situations, be better off taking the higher ilvl because of the increased main stat.

Blizzard has even said that they did this on purpose. Stat weights only matter now when comparing identical item level.

Fun fact though, tank main stat is stamina and nearly every thing relating to azerite traits provide secondary stats or some form of support like absorb shields, life steal ect, so regardless of how you put it secondary stats are still there, they are still making a difference, and they make a difference in effective healing or tanking aspects of the game, both of which are roles everyone apart from those with thick skins loathe to roll.
Majority of the players:

Look at that drop that they've finally gotten for that 1 slot they've been stuck with crap quest green with for weeks and go, "what the heck, it's better than nothing for another few weeks."
08/24/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Vorlith
Does an idiot also ignore that secondary stats matter much less than they did last expansion?

And less than other expansions too....primary stat is the goto now
Stop crying.
Why is most of the complaining and crying done by human paladins lately? Aren't they supposed to be an example of light and leadership, not a bunch of crying emo girls if something doesn't go their way?
08/24/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Tobie

Every weapon is a hunter weapon except maces, wands, and shields.

People who start threads to tell everybody how much smarter they are than everybody else are *special*.
08/24/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Sven
DPS does matter to tanks, not only for threat generation(which is more important now than it has been in a while) but as a Paladin your Strength rating also increases the armor gained by Shield of the Righteous.

Threat is generated based on a 4-5x of tank DPS which is hardly touched by the threat generated by DPS and healers. DPS on tanks isn't as big as it was back in vanilla to wrath.

On a per point basis, strength doesn't do that much as a whole as a tank. Yes damage, yes ability strength, yes parry is boosted.

If tanks were able to do as much DPS as a healer (ironically they do more dps than a tank at the end of the day if they were to cast their damaging spells rather than healing) Tanks would be flat out broken and over played because they can take damage and dish it out as much as a healer.
08/24/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Goblinoffyre
08/24/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Tobie

Every weapon is a hunter weapon except maces, wands, and shields.

People who start threads to tell everybody how much smarter they are than everybody else are *special*.

sometimes wands are, depends on the group your in