When people are idiots..

General Discussion
08/24/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Saarthronah
08/24/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Sven
DPS does matter to tanks, not only for threat generation(which is more important now than it has been in a while) but as a Paladin your Strength rating also increases the armor gained by Shield of the Righteous.

Threat is generated based on a 4-5x of tank DPS which is hardly touched by the threat generated by DPS and healers. DPS on tanks isn't as big as it was back in vanilla to wrath.

On a per point basis, strength doesn't do that much as a whole as a tank. Yes damage, yes ability strength, yes parry is boosted.

If tanks were able to do as much DPS as a healer (ironically they do more dps than a tank at the end of the day if they were to cast their damaging spells rather than healing) Tanks would be flat out broken and over played because they can take damage and dish it out as much as a healer.

You're not even making any sense now.

"Threat is generated based on a 4-5x of tank DPS which is hardly touched by the threat generated by DPS and healers."

Seriously? Have you ran a dungeon yet in BfA? There was a big nerf to threat and many tanks are having issues holding agro. Granted Paladins are apparently doing pretty well right now on that front, so YMMV.

Look, what you're saying in this thread contradicts every current simulation model and guide out there. Blizzard themselves even said that secondary stats have been devalued and primary stats are king. You are objectively, mathematically wrong. That's not an opinion, it's a provable fact.

Keep living in your little bubble though, I'm sure it's nice and quiet in there by yourself.
@ OP

No one gets invited to groups based on how optimized your secondary stats are. Blizz added ilvl to their game and made it all about one thing.
Actually, only an idiot looks at a piece of gear and decides weather it's good or bad depending on it's secondary stats or ilvl.

PRIMARY stats are KING this expac.
They have done a much better job of making ilevel upgrades actual upgrades in BfA, though trinkets and rings are about the only items that still have issues where lower ilevel items can still outperform higher ilevel items.

Ssome azerite items really close in ilevel may also have issues if the lower ilevel item has a top tier trait and the higher ilevel item has a poor trait - but in most cases, the primary stat gain will compensate.
08/24/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Nimiuss
They have done a much better job of making ilevel upgrades actual upgrades in BfA, though trinkets and rings still have issues where lower ilevel items can still outperform higher ilevel items.

Only because they may or may not have that primary stat. Rings only have stam, so the secondaries are what is important. But pieces like belts and bracers, the primary stat takes precedent over it's secondaries.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Threat is generated based on a 4-5x of tank DPS which is hardly touched by the threat generated by DPS and healers. DPS on tanks isn't as big as it was back in vanilla to wrath.

On a per point basis, strength doesn't do that much as a whole as a tank. Yes damage, yes ability strength, yes parry is boosted.

If tanks were able to do as much DPS as a healer (ironically they do more dps than a tank at the end of the day if they were to cast their damaging spells rather than healing) Tanks would be flat out broken and over played because they can take damage and dish it out as much as a healer.

"Threat is generated based on a 4-5x of tank DPS which is hardly touched by the threat generated by DPS and healers."

Seriously? Have you ran a dungeon yet in BfA? There was a big nerf to threat and many tanks are having issues holding agro. Granted Paladins are apparently doing pretty well right now on that front, so YMMV.

Look, what you're saying in this thread contradicts every current simulation model and guide out there. Blizzard themselves even said that secondary stats have been devalued and primary stats are king. You are objectively, mathematically wrong. That's not an opinion, it's a provable fact.

Keep living in your little bubble though, I'm sure it's nice and quiet in there by yourself.

Do you even tank? Have you even tanked once in your life? Do you remotely know the ins and outs of tanking? No? Shut it.

Edit: Oh and i'd switch to an azerite helmet if the traits for my class weren't so.. undesirable, useless and utterly crap.

Edit2: Yes 4-5x threat gen, in legion it was 10x threat gen to all damaged targets, this was changed down to 4-5x primary target and less so secondary targets. Something you'd know if you bothered tanking much yet alone reading all changes that came with BFA.
Every weapon is a hunter weapon except maces, wands, and shields.

sometimes wands are, depends on the group your in

I've had many wands drop for me while farming old raids. The word 'wand' is red, because I cannot equip it, therefore if I want to unlock for transmog it I need to send a different class.
08/24/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Saarthronah
Since when were tanks suppose to be topping dps charts? Oh wait never. Not their job just like healers aren't suppose to be tanking much yet alone dpsing unless its disc priests.

Higher DPS = higher threat generation.

You want to be pushing your DPS while gearing for just enough survivability that you're not going to crumple.
08/24/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Saarthronah

Do you even tank? Have you even tanked once in your life? Do you remotely know the ins and outs of tanking? No? Shut it.

Jeez I really should post on my main >.>

Yes in fact, I tank as a Guardian Druid and have done so ever since Cata(besides skipping WoD. I'm certainly nothing to brag about but I've tanked much more than you have on that Paladin you're posting on. Here's an armory link if you're interested: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/misha/Atroxx

This ain't Legion son and the way stats are calculated has changed a lot in BfA. Before you go flopping that big brain of yours around, you really should do some research to make sure you know what you're talking about.
They shouldn't have ilevel gated content then. Take it up with blizz dummy.
Who looks at stuff like ilvl & stats?

Ctrl+Click to see if matches my current colors, you filthy casual.
08/24/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Sven

Jeez I really should post on my main >.>

Yes in fact, I tank as a Guardian Druid and have done so ever since Cata(besides skipping WoD. I'm certainly nothing to brag about but I've tanked much more than you have on that Paladin you're posting on. Here's an armory link if you're interested: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/misha/Atroxx

This ain't Legion son and the way stats are calculated has changed a lot in BfA. Before you go flopping that big brain of yours around, you really should do some research to make sure you know what you're talking about.

Just checking in to let you know that I didn't just pull a random armory link out of the air.
08/24/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Gozreh

You want to be pushing your DPS while gearing for just enough survivability that you're not going to crumple.

I'm not having threat generation issues much yet alone mob controlling in dungeons. More targets = less threat generation across all targets, ever since 116 taking more than a set amount of targets = suicide without a healer. If you're pulling too many mobs then yes you will lose threat on a portion of those mobs.
08/24/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Cambraddon
Textual self touching.

lol

oh thats good

Edit: Oh and i'd switch to an azerite helmet if the traits for my class weren't so.. undesirable, useless and utterly crap.

Edit2: Yes 4-5x threat gen, in legion it was 10x threat gen to all damaged targets, this was changed down to 4-5x primary target and less so secondary targets. Something you'd know if you bothered tanking much yet alone reading all changes that came with BFA.

You're still wearing a legendary helm that has no traits and the effect doesn't even work.

You should have replaced it by now. Had I seen you in my group as a tank, I'd have booted you because you obviously have no idea what the hell you're doing.
08/24/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Saarthronah
08/24/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Gozreh

I'm not having threat generation issues much yet alone mob controlling in dungeons. More targets = less threat generation across all targets, ever since 116 taking more than a set amount of targets = suicide without a healer. If you're pulling too many mobs then yes you will lose threat on a portion of those mobs.

I pull huge amounts of mobs without a healer all the bloody time. And guardians have the biggest problem with aoe threat, yet I have no problems holding things so long as I hit them first in dungeons.

More damage is still a good thing.

I think I'm done talking to you. You're reminding me of that huntard I had in Motherlode last night that was wearing a Blockades deck.
[quote="207662498672"]
You're still wearing a legendary helm that has no traits and the effect doesn't even work.

You should have replaced it by now. Had I seen you in my group as a tank, I'd have booted you because you obviously have no idea what the hell you're doing.

Oh but just look at those SECONDARY STATS on it though!!!

I'm sure he's crushing those Mythic dungeons with it.

Are you even aware of how crappy the traits are for paladin azerite helmets? If you did you'd know why.