Jewelcrafting BFA - Worthless...

Professions
Even in Legion Jewelcrafting has been entirely underwhelming, even more so in Battle for Azeroth. Where are our 355 crafts? Where are the benefits of being a jewelcrafter? I've got large amounts of lesser gems, and nothing to do with them... These are my issues with jewelcrafting, here are some of my suggestions.

Since PvP is the main focus of this expansion, why not have jewel crafters have a buff that they can only apply to themselves, like working on our rings / Heart of Azeroth? For any of these instances -

Give us the ability to add an extra socket to these items.
And an extra stat to these equipments.
And any kind of proc to attacks or heals based on enhancements to the item.

Since you're intent on replacing neck crafting with weapon crafts, why stop at staffs, and why limit them to 300, and not 355?
Jeweled Knives were a thing in history, why not in game as well?

We once had totems that we could use for healing and other effects, why not see a return of those, it would help in the pvp usefulness where we lack.

TLDR - Jewelcrafting needs love, get on it devs!
Combat perks were removed from the game for a reason. The fact they are borderline returning with the BoP crafted gear for tailors, leatherworkers, and blacksmiths is EXTREMELY annoying to me.

Also, not real sure where leatherworkers (?) were given fist weapons when jewelcrafters were possibly the only profession to ever craft them prior to BfA. I also liked the idea of the crowns in Argus, seemed appropriate for jewelcrafters and would have made up for the loss of the neck slot, though it would have been 300 ilvl, not 355. Jewelcrafting can make desirable consumables still, unlike the armor crafting professions.
08/24/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Haspian
Combat perks were removed from the game for a reason. The fact they are borderline returning with the BoP crafted gear for tailors, leatherworkers, and blacksmiths is EXTREMELY annoying to me.

Also, not real sure where leatherworkers (?) were given fist weapons when jewelcrafters were possibly the only profession to ever craft them prior to BfA. I also liked the idea of the crowns in Argus, seemed appropriate for jewelcrafters and would have made up for the loss of the neck slot, though it would have been 300 ilvl, not 355. Jewelcrafting can make desirable consumables still, unlike the armor crafting professions.

I don't see jewels as a desirable consumable. They're worth less than ore, mostly because items aren't guaranteed a socket. If jewelcrafters had the ability to add sockets to items without them, it would help. Even if it was only for green gems it'd already be an improvement.
Gear is easily replacable at the moment. Once the raids and mythic+ open up, demand for gems will start to increase, just like in Legion. Won't be as good as Cataclysm or Mists, but it should still be a profitable profession.

I am also assuming that all those cheap green gems will spike in price with war front turn-ins. Though that is purely speculation. Blizzard might also stealth tweak drop rates in the next month or two as well.
I am so confused at the lackluster price for gems. It makes me sick.
Jewelcrafting made me 150k near start of BFA.
As it stands, the biggest problem I have with JC is that we have no use for hydrocores for something we could make to sell or use for ourselves.

I have three hydrocores sitting in my bag, doing nothing until they inevitably put in a hydrocore vendor because they realize that these will just stack up infinitely on JC's if they don't.
I've made about a million off JC already, so saying its not profitable is a little out there. But the way they have krakens eyes set up, the gem it creates is unique. So the result is well... people only use one.

As it is the most expensive gem i'd imagine most players will throw it on their highest piece of gear they can. Which creates an issue where people aren't going out to buy more because they're not replacing that piece of armor.

Green gems are pretty much vendor trash no doubt about that, green rare gem is only used in one recipe and thats for an agility staff. That right there makes in absurdly abundant and useless.

Now before we go saying they f@#'d JC its the start of the expansion I imagine they will be creating recipe drops for rings. This opens up a gateway to allow JC's to make high level rings, They can make lets say a ring require 3 krakens eye 10 of specific rare gems depending on the ring, maybe 20 of the basic gems at rank 3 this will create a huge demand for all gems.

Heres something else, why can't we create Speed gems, avoidance gems/leech gems. Hell make an indestructible gem that requires a krakens eye... useless yes but its something. 40 avoidance and leech aint much but it allows people to be different if they want.

Hell they could make it so theres a higher chance to roll prismatic sockets little things can make huge waves.

TLDR: Its still early to say JC isn't profitable or good. Discuss it productively make mods notice.
I'll say this, I banked the early market, and made A nice chunk selling 300 rings that crit for 310s. Made quite a few. But that market will fade quickly like any expansion market, the really profitability comes from consumables. Gems are not that. I've already got multiple stacks of each green tier gem color and they're quite worthless. I'm just asking for a way to turn them into something worth while before I dump them at the end of BfA like I did Legion. I'm sure others have wonderful ideas of ways to use them, I've listed some of my suggestions.
The issue with Jewelcrafting is that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, you can make good gold if you get lucky with a staff proc but the Ring line ending at 320 is a joke.

Making good money in the first two weeks is great, but every profession makes great money on lazy whales in the first two weeks, its not a viable longterm model.
Since the Heart of Azeroth is a piece of Jewelery, I was hoping we'd get to tinker with it being Jewel Crafters and all. I'd love to add an azerite power to my neck.
Yeah im pretty bummed about JC. everyone with a better profession gets to craft 355 gear and im sitting here with nothing. oh boy 310 ring! oh boy a 310 staff!
Being able to craft a better staff would have been a nice addition, even if I can't use it I could still sell it.
I mean, the gems = 50% of the ilvl worth of stats, if not more. That alone makes it worth it.
Agreed need some love. Just more receipts of usable items. Randomly pulling out a few ideas:

Implantable socket (used to be a blacksmithing belt thing, but could be a JC craftable now). The implementation of one additional socket would help the gem market.

Consumable item that would give the DH/Monk buff (to a lesser degree), using LOTS of green quality gems. Like hundreds as a way to keep these useful.

Maybe more craftable champion equipment.

Toys.

Mounts.
I'm not at i305 yet, but I have yet to see any on my gear with sockets on them. Not one.
Jewelcrafters should be able to at least socket at least 1 category piece for everyone. Be it rings, necks, or w/e, let us add a socket to them. That way gems will sell a bit more.
08/27/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Sievre
Jewelcrafters should be able to at least socket at least 1 category piece for everyone. Be it rings, necks, or w/e, let us add a socket to them. That way gems will sell a bit more.

This, I like this.
3 Words: 355 BoP Crafted.

I agree with both people who mentioned it in this post.

Jewelcrafters got 100% boned on crafted, where Engineers, Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers, Tailors, and I think even Alchemists got a 355 Crafted for 15 Hydrocores. My main has 16 Hydrocores (more to come!) sitting in her bank that are literally just sitting there rotting because JC's got completely screwed.

Blizz, please add for us a Ring or something we can make for ourselves so we Jewelcrafters don't immediately get annoyed seeing a freaking Hydrocore show up in our loot.

Edit: Or give us the advantage of 2 Kraken's Eye gems. I understand how strong that would be, but you gotta understand that in terms of having a Jewelcrafter at end-game, it's severely less lucrative than any other crafting profession. Why be able to make gems and stuff that literally might not be able to be used because "RNG IS FUN!!!" when I can have a 2 hour Flask buff and maybe a crafted Trinket (have yet to look into Alchemy), maybe-decent Azerite Head (Eng), or a 355 Crafted that come Uldir I can upgrade to 370 and 385?
The biggest problem with Jewelcrafting is you could play BfA until the next expac hits and NOT ONCE get a socket on any of your gear. That's why Jewelcrafting has been nearly useless the last two expacs.