Lightforged Augment Rune... Blizzard write me a check.

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
I spent a fair amount of time and in game currency to get that lightforged augment rune. Now Blizzard put a restriction on it down to 119 so I can't even use it. Its soulbound on a single toon and resells for 100g? Who decided this? Put it back the way it was. It literally worked fine yesterday. Put it back.
This just in. Stuff from old expansions is obsolete in new expansions.

You like I paid our 50k gold for the convenience of not having to constantly have to buy or worry about running out of augment runes in legion. When the new one comes out for BFA I will be doing the same.

It's barely worth using in BFA anyways unless you were hoping to cheese raidleader rune check weakauras by using it.
how is 15 primary stat a big enough deal though that they need to take it away, like its just a slap to legion players that is unnecessary
Then why is it a big enough deal to make a forum post about it to whine?
08/24/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Trystern
how is 15 primary stat a big enough deal though that they need to take it away, like its just a slap to legion players that is unnecessary

It literally worked earlier today. I leave to go to the grocery store and Blizz breaks yet another thing in game that didn't need to be broken. Knock it off, dog bombs.
No fun allowed.
Write you a check for being surprised that old expansion content wouldn't be relevant for new expansion content? Um, what?
Ok, seriously... I worked my butt off to grind the rep for this and paid for it literally days before BFA launched. I'd really have appreciated being able to use it until I had a reusable replacement...

:(

Had I know it would be suddenly changed ~while I was playing tonight~ to suddenly be unusable at 120 I wouldn't have bothered getting it.
08/24/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Chillypaws
Write you a check for being surprised that old expansion content wouldn't be relevant for new expansion content? Um, what?

Fel Focuser and the Whispering Crystal still work. Given the price, it's silly to just disable it entirely.
08/24/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Erthan

You like I paid our 50k gold for the convenience of not having to constantly have to buy or worry about running out of augment runes in legion. When the new one comes out for BFA I will be doing the same.

It's barely worth using in BFA anyways unless you were hoping to cheese raidleader rune check weakauras by using it.

This just in: it worked until today. Since I don't see a new one and I dropped like 40k on it I think it could have freaking stayed.
08/24/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Spíraldáncer
Ok, seriously... I worked my butt off to grind the rep for this and paid for it literally days before BFA launched. I'd really have appreciated being able to use it until I had a reusable replacement...

:(

... why?

If you have so much gold that you can toss it around on things you know will be useless in literally days- then you don't need a refund.
Be careful!

Saying the other item (Repurpo...) may get that disabled too!
Always find time to nerf something.

Spend more time fixing stuff that sucks, like maybe the new guild interface.
Hi Blizzard. I want the gold I spent on this item back right now.

https://i.imgur.com/I1jLRKZ.png

I'm SICK of these temporary items. You're STEALING my gold. How can we trust you when you're constantly taking things away from us? Why don't you mark "TEMPORARY ITEM" on all items you intend to DISABLE in the future so we can NOT BUY THEM?

Give me my gold back. What was it, 40,000g for the augment ruin when it came out? Give me my gold back, now.
What the actual...

That is LAME. I bought those for like 13 alts. No way I woulda done that if I knew they'd go obsolete.

Should only be true because newer stuff is actually better, not because they disable it to force you into a new market of bull!@#$ prices that every early xpac has.

There are new runes which are exclusive and take up the same slot. If you want peak, you will go for those. Removing cheap (free) alternatives is retarded. Not surprised, because it says "blizz dev" under synonyms when I google that term.
Honestly if you bought it to "save money" you were doing it wrong because by the point it was available augment runes were cheap as chips

I do think for the amount you paid it should be usable at 120 though. AFAIK defiled runes still work and the new runes are only a slight upgrade.
Funny this was stealth disabled. No patch note. Nothing.

This just in: There's a lot of stuff from old expansions that does not get obsoleted in new expansions. Blizz is very haphazard with how they decide what will be allowed to work going forward and what will be nerfed into oblivion.
08/24/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Xakopane
Funny this was stealth disabled. No patch note. Nothing.

They seem to be getting worse at that. They massively nerfed the honor from Legion PVP world quests and didn't say anything either.