Lightforged Augment Rune... Blizzard write me a check.

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
08/25/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Rankin

Blizzard's handling of old items going into new expansions is wildly inconsistent at best. Especially when we've had a grand sample size of one for how they handled previous reusable runes and they weren't even consistent with that considering how much more expensive the Legion version is and how much less you get from vendoring it.

Hope for the best but expect the worst. Works in literally every situation you will experience in your life.

If you cannot afford to lose 40,000g, don't spend 40,000g on an item from a previous expansion unless it's a mount. Little bit of a life lesson.
Mid day nerf for no reason at all.
Still looking for a response from cowardly Blizzard. Stop hiding behind the internet and explain why you stole our gold, thanks.
Why not make it upgrade-able like they did with the whistle?
08/25/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Aegwinn
if you didnt see this happening you are an idiot

I don't know why you people keep saying this.

• There are other items in the game with similar effects which are still usable over multiple xpacs. Do you honestly expect every item you get to be randomly unusable one afternoon?
  • There was no indication when you bought the item that this would become unusable. They changed the tooltip with the stealth hotfix.
  • Not everyone knows about the WoD rune because WoD sucked !@# and not everyone made it to endgame. Even so, "they did it that one time" does not equate to "this happens all the time and you are all idiots and I am smrt".
  • Bump to get a response from the cowards.
    What an unnecessary nerf. Please change your minds or make it sell for more then 100g. Or BoA. Something.
    They're not going to change it and you people will keep giving them money. I swear most WoW players are masochists.
    08/25/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Darien
    08/25/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Rankin
    By attacking people who are against this change, you are placing yourself on the side of defending the change.

That is false, and your idiotic us vs them attitude is how you lose allies.

I do not agree with the underhanded way Blizzard implemented this change.

I do not think the change was necessary.

But if you didn't see the change coming given how Blizzard handled similar items in the past, you are dumb. If you fail to learn from this one, you are dumb.

You can be both against the change and for learning from it.[/quote]

Oh I learned my lesson. Not gonna sink that much gold into anything like that ever again. 1k sure. 100g cool. Not 40 freaking thousand.
    would help alot if they didnt price things like this for the top 1%er's who rng the max gold missions twice a day on all thier alts.

From my personal experience in wod AND legion i could go several days before i saw a gold mission ANYWHERE on my entire account, i wasnt rolling around on fields of coin. a 40k hit was a big amount of money. Theres a reason i have never bought a yak.. ok well 2 reasons it looks horrible and i dont have 100k floating around cause rng wants me to die more than anything.

So there we are i have dumped at least a 2 digit percentage of my entire legion gold accumulation and its invalidated with no heads up.

If they release an unlimited bfa rune DONT price it for the 1%'ers again
    08/25/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Oliyaar
    They're not going to change it and you people will keep giving them money. I swear most WoW players are masochists.
    Probably true, but would be nice to get partially reimbursed instead of feeling like I dumped 100k gold on nothing.

There was a clue that it would get disabled because the WoD one got disabled in Legion, but it wasn't very obvious (I didn't know because I never got it). The problem is not that I lost 15 stats. The problem is that the game took a substantial amount of gold away without warning.
    Just found out that the tanking trinket Grotesques Statuette is also nerfed at level 116,my guess people were using it in pvp.
    For those who are saying that anyone surprised by this is an idiot because of what happened to the WoD one, well, bully for you that you remembered what happened to a minor item two years ago. I can honestly say I didn't remember. Even with that previous action (once does not a precedent make), there are several huge problems with this.

1. This is the sort of thing that should be changed in prepatch, not over a month after the prepatch and a week and a half after an expansion launch.
    2. The vendor sell price is inconsistent with the vast majority of vendor items. It needs to be changed to the usual 25% sell back price.
    3. Changing things that harm the playerbase, however small, need to be documented. Minor changes to fix problems are fine to ignore. Something that affects the player negatively needs to be noted so that they're not as caught by surprise.

Obviously the amount of the buff is trivial (for that matter, the new runes are so trivial as to be virtually useless). It's the attitude and the way this sort of thing that keeps happening that's the problem. Trying to sneak changes past us is not okay. We're going to notice it and flip out. Proper documentation at least calms the reasonable people down.
    The problem isn't the stats, it's the principal of the thing.

If Blizzard is going to show a complete lack of regard for a players time like this, then why bother doing anything other than fishing or pvping in this game?

It cost so much in time and gold for such a small benefit and they rip it away from us like it's nothing.
    The WoD Rune got changed, too.

Honestly, it's a waste of gold no matter what.
    Dunno why anybody would buy it outside of being a hardcore raider.
    08/26/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Venger
    The problem isn't the stats, it's the principal of the thing.

If Blizzard is going to show a complete lack of regard for a players time like this, then why bother doing anything other than fishing or pvping in this game?

It cost so much in time and gold for such a small benefit and they rip it away from us like it's nothing.

THIS.
    Any word from Blizzard on this very stupid decision?
    I’m just chiming in to maybe add some momentum on this thread. I am also unhappy about this.

The item isn’t that much of a big deal that it needs a level cap is it??

I feel bad for those who got it late in legion and didn’t get much use out of it.
    08/26/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Flik
    Any word from Blizzard on this very stupid decision?

Nope. There wouldn't be yet. There's a reason they do this stuff late in the day on a Friday-they hope people will have moved on and/or forgotten by Monday when there's actually a chance for them to address it.
    Bumping to get a response from the cowards at Blizzard.