Lightforged Augment Rune... Blizzard write me a check.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Don't forget the FEL FOCUSER, Blizzard. I bet everyone is still using one of those, can't have that.

Or my Tol Barad tabard. That thing is YEARS old, better restrict it to players under level 90.

That 15 main stat was really throwing things off. Good move, Bliz. Seriously, you guys have your priorities straight.
Wow... Blizzard: "WE SUCK AGAIN!"
08/24/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Akaidian
08/24/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Erthan
This just in. Stuff from old expansions is obsolete in new expansions.

Should only be true because newer stuff is actually better, not because they disable it to force you into a new market of bull!@#$ prices that every early xpac has.

This just in the new augment runes are indeed better. Seriously what kind of argument are you trying to make? The legion rune is like 15 main stat.

Don't want to pay for the new runes? Fine whatever don't use them but don't try and claim that the old legion rune is somehow better.
08/24/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Wyler
Don't forget the FEL FOCUSER, Blizzard. I bet everyone is still using one of those, can't have that.

Or my Tol Barad tabard. That thing is YEARS old, better restrict it to players under level 90.

That 15 main stat was really throwing things off. Good move, Bliz. Seriously, you guys have your priorities straight.

Meanwhile demo locks still have a ton of mechanical bugs to the point we have an ongoing thread cataloguing them. Dev time well spent hotfixing this /s
08/24/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Azrael
Wow... Blizzard: "WE SUCK AGAIN!"

LOL! What movie is that from?
Waterboy?
08/24/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Rankin
08/24/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Xakopane
Funny this was stealth disabled. No patch note. Nothing.

They seem to be getting worse at that. They massively nerfed the honor from Legion PVP world quests and didn't say anything either.

Yeah, I found out doing my usual pre-Island Expedition buffing. What a pisser.
Blizzard, you'd better start making serious promises with us from now on. We want PERMANENT ITEMS. Do you get it? No human likes TEMPORARY ITEMS. Why don't any of you developers understand that?

I have a whole bag of what I think are permanent items (such as Band of the Kirin Tor) but now it's looking like you're taking all the permanent items away from us and making them all temporary.

NO MORE TEMPORARY ITEMS.

Game design 101: Never take anything away from the player without a really good reason.
08/24/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Kirela
08/24/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Erthan
This just in. Stuff from old expansions is obsolete in new expansions.

You like I paid our 50k gold for the convenience of not having to constantly have to buy or worry about running out of augment runes in legion. When the new one comes out for BFA I will be doing the same.

It's barely worth using in BFA anyways unless you were hoping to cheese raidleader rune check weakauras by using it.

This just in: it worked until today. Since I don't see a new one and I dropped like 40k on it I think it could have freaking stayed.

You won't see a new one for a while, at least not a reusable one. In both Warlords and Legion, the reusable rune was released close to or with (in the case of WoD) the final Raid Tier of the expac
Muh outdated buffs for muh min maxxing.
How DARE you seek an edge, no matter how slight, in grinding out the chores that we have set for you to do! Who do you think you are?!?! HOW DARE YOU!!!
08/24/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Solidusblarg
Muh outdated buffs for muh min maxxing.

It wasn't using for min/maxing. It gave 15 stat. The new runes give 60. Min/maxers use those. MUH TROLLING.
The solution to this was simple: Wait until new upgraded version was going to be released. Those that spent the time and gold to buy the old one could hand it in to get a reduction in time needed to unlock new one. Less quest_001 we've done 100's of times already, for example.

Instead they piss everyone off, again.
08/24/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Erthan

This just in the new augment runes are indeed better. Seriously what kind of argument are you trying to make? The legion rune is like 15 main stat.

And the new one is only 60. 15 is still useful. Especially when you can have a 100% up time on it. The new ones cost too much to use on random world quests, especially if you use War Mode.

What kind of argument are you trying to make? Whatever it is, you're provably wrong.
Just double checked, yes the regular old defiled augment runes still work at 120 OMEGALUL
08/24/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Darien

And the new one is only 60. 15 is still useful. Especially when you can have a 100% up time on it. The new ones cost too much to use on random world quests, especially if you use War Mode.

What kind of argument are you trying to make? Whatever it is, you're provably wrong.

God forbid the item they put in the game for us to grind rep out and spend a lot of gold on can actually be used. Clearly we are the idiots for using the content they provided and expecting to keep the reward from it.
Don't want to pay for the new runes? Fine whatever don't use them but don't try and claim that the old legion rune is somehow better.

I'm not. I specifically said the new runes are better. I also said that's all that's needed to eventually make the lightforge rune obsolete. They're just being asses trying to push people there sooner because... reasons. They just don't want us using cheap ones till econ stabilizes and enjoying what should rightfully be a free rune benefit that we earned.
And yet they keep wondering why they have gotten the reputation of being a very anti-playerbase company.

Weird, hostile and pointless game changes like this... That's why. Especially when it's deemed important enough to hotfix it. Can't have players having 15 more mainstat that they paid 40,000g for, nope nope.

Whoever even brought this up at the design table should have been laughed at.
08/24/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Painbow
You're STEALING my gold.

Technically, IMO its still their gold. They created it. But also legally, they own the gold itself... the same is the case for the physical money in your wallet. You may have $20 cash in there...you may think its your $20 but legally the Government OWNS that $20 note.
At least make the thing BoA so we can send it to our alts that aren't 120 yet. It's a 50k paperweight now.
It's funny how Ion talked yesterday on the Q&A about that perhaps, due to scaling, being a fresh 120 feels like a distinct loss in power compared to how you feel when leveling up, and that it isn't a good feeling. Then they stealth disable one of the few things that gives you even a slight way to even that gap until you get better gear.

Not a good look, Blizzard.