Arms Vs Fury

Warrior
No this is not a post about which one to pick. There is no question ARMS is out performing Fury. I want to ask how do people feel about that and are they sticking out with Fury or are you respecing into ARMS.

Also curious was it the Mastery hotfix that make Arms much better than Fury?

I enjoy Fury so much more than Arms. Just sucks there is like a 2k dps difference between the specs.
First tier I'm going arms. We'll see after that.
Arms is just tuned higher. It hits harder. It also now actually scales with gear, because mastery isn't worthless anymore.

Fury is more enjoyable to me, and I've never gotten on with arms. Willing to play it for proggy, but that's it.

The actual difference between arms and fury right now is very minimal. A few hundred dps, upwards of around 2k or so, as you said. Depends on player ability, gear, the character, scenario, etc.

We'll see what happens with tuning.
Alright, so a couple of things here.

The difference between Arms and Fury isn't as big as you think. I'm not really sure where you're pulling 2k from because there aren't even any sims suggesting that is the case, but even if there were, take sims with a big grain of salt. How specs actually perform in real situations is what matters. Also, keep in mind that specs are tuned around raiding and rated PvP seasons, not mythic 0s and world PvP. We do not have a clear picture right now of what classes will be good in raiding, maybe M+, sure, but certainly not raiding.

Also, we already knew Arms was going to be better than Fury pending any sort of big tuning when we were still in the beta period, the mastery change had nothing to do with it.

Lastly, the big raiding tuning pass has yet to come, so we could very well see Fury being the go to for the first tier, it just depends on the tuning.
08/26/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Penguinjim

The difference between Arms and Fury isn't as big as you think. I'm not really sure where you're pulling 2k from because there aren't even any sims suggesting that is the case, but even if there were, take sims with a big grain of salt. How specs actually perform in real situations is what matters. Also, keep in mind that specs are tuned around raiding and rated PvP seasons, not mythic 0s and world PvP. We do not have a clear picture right now of what classes will be good in raiding, maybe M+, sure, but certainly not raiding.

Also, we already knew Arms was going to be better than Fury pending any sort of big tuning when we were still in the beta period, the mastery change had nothing to do with it.

Lastly, the big raiding tuning pass has yet to come, so we could very well see Fury being the go to for the first tier, it just depends on the tuning.

True. Well I'm gonna stick it out with Fury. Spec is just to much fun
08/26/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Penguinjim

Sup Jim. This dude hits the nail on the head 9/10 times, ...the tenth only because he hasn't responded yet... so yeah, I'd say listen to this. I completely concur.
In Legion I stuck it out with Fury because it was more enjoyable than Focused Rage GCD spam Arms spec, and the rotation was SO fluid with Inner Rage. in BfA, I swapped to Arms almost immediately upon hitting 120. Fury doesn't feel as fluid anymore, so I swapped to Arms and haven't looked back.

But in reality I just don't want to have to get TWO 2h weapons to drop. Sounds like a !@#$ing nightmare.
Currently playing arms cause it sims 1500 dps higher than fury ST for me and aoe feels a bit stronger in mythics anyways. Maybe once i get a 340+ offhand the difference won't be too noticeable. I find fury more fun but i don't mind arms so I'll just stick with this and keep all my 340 azerite pieces while waiting for the tuning patch.
Right now I'm Fury. Once I get a single 325+ weapon, I may spec into Arms until I get a second. But honestly, until heroic raids, I'm not concerned about spec. I like playing fury so I'm sticking with it until I'm a detriment to a raid.
Fury is strong. I seldomly get out DPSd by anyone consistently. Just my experience.
With the rate at which weapons drop, and my refusal to drop half a million gold on a second weapon, I am staying arms. Fury is more fun in my opinion, and "feels" better, but arms is nice too.
I simmed my current gear in both spec, I currently do 2k more dps in Arms comparatively, which is pretty significant. (yes I do have a sperate azerite set for fury traits, even have engi helm)

The lack of haste can be a factor.
Honestly not too sure how people are playing Arms. I've tried it multiple times and its just not nearly as fun as Fury. Like everyone else is saying, I dont think Arms is better by that much. I out dps most classes in AoE pulls but single target is where I see a bit of a struggle. Possible buffs coming in the future hopefully for that.
08/26/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Carmine
Fury is strong. I seldomly get out DPSd by anyone consistently. Just my experience.

I'm experiencing the same thing. Fury single target isnt the greatest, but the sustained aoe in mythics and expeditions is outstanding.
08/26/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Amireynn
08/26/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Carmine

I'm experiencing the same thing. Fury single target isnt the greatest, but the sustained aoe in mythics and expeditions is outstanding.

This exactly. As fury I can sustain AoE all day long whereas Arms it's more about high bursts.
I don't have solid weapons for it yet (AH 300's ye ye) but I switched to Fury for my off-spec since it shares much of it's stat priority with Prot and I was doing okay numbers for having only tried it for a dungeon or two.

I went Furious Slash so I always had something to do and that 6% Haste lets me stay above 20% Haste which is where Fury starts to feel nice.

Arms feels like Legion Retribution to me which I didn't particularly like but I'll probably pick it up for any hardcore PvP I do since healing debuffs will likely be what makes or breaks a team.
Sticking with fury cause its so fun
08/26/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Drezwazluz
The actual difference between arms and fury right now is very minimal. A few hundred dps

Stop getting your information from Patchwork sims. In real world it's a solid 2k DPS change from Arms to Fury.
08/28/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Indrct
08/26/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Drezwazluz
The actual difference between arms and fury right now is very minimal. A few hundred dps

Stop getting your information from Patchwork sims. In real world it's a solid 2k DPS change from Arms to Fury.

2k dps from fury to arms is the upper end extreme, that comes from a bad second weapon, trinkets, gear, and azerite that is good for arms but bad for fury. It's the largest difference you can realistically get.

I get my info from the theorycrafters in Skyhold, and from viewing (and helping people) with their sims, both here and in Skyhold. The most common is a few hundred dps difference, almost always withing 1k. 2k is the upper end extreme.

And sims aren't a perfect depiction of reality, no one claims that. But assuming you're at least making a basic attempt to play properly, they're pretty damn accurate.
08/26/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Nexist
No this is not a post about which one to pick. There is no question ARMS is out performing Fury. I want to ask how do people feel about that and are they sticking out with Fury or are you respecing into ARMS.

Also curious was it the Mastery hotfix that make Arms much better than Fury?

I enjoy Fury so much more than Arms. Just sucks there is like a 2k dps difference between the specs.

According to Sims Arms is only ahead by a couple hundred DPS not 2k. Personally so far I haven't even lost to an arms warrior in single Target DPS. And yes they were geared around my item level give or take 3ilvls. The only time I lost an arms Warrior was in AoE. Honestly if Fury has the correct gear and has enough haste I think they outperform arms by far. I've been beating Rogues, ret Pally, monks. In fact I've been number one on single Target on at least 95% of the dungeons I do. Whether it be heroic or Mythic. Sims shows arms and fury so close on single Target that it doesn't even make a difference apparently. also Sims is not fully updated yet either. Things change literally every day right now. For one our best in slot trinket for Fury was just updated 2 days ago so it took Sim 2 weeks just to update some trinkets. Sims also wasn't working with azerite traits for almost a week after launch.

Right now everything is still up in the air and can change at any moment. Take SIMs with a grain of salt. Because according to Sims I should be getting out DPS by at least four classes without a shadow of a doubt. Yet here I am still waiting to see it happen. Not saying that it can't happen or that it won't happen but something's definitely not adding up. Until we get tuning on week 4 I wouldn't jump the gun there buddy.