Arms Vs Fury

Warrior
08/26/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Carmine
Fury is strong. I seldomly get out DPSd by anyone consistently. Just my experience.

Same here. I don't know why all these Fury Warriors are having issues with single target. It really baffles me. They're obviously doing something wrong or they're not gearing right or optimizing the right stats. Keep in mind Fury really relies on haste to do almost any of its damage. And most the fury Wars that I see complaining about bad DPS have little to no haste. So I think we found the common denominator. I was starting to think Fury was sucking too until I finally got more haste and better trinkets. Keep in mind one of my weapons is still a 335 and none of my weapons are best in slot. So if I'm doing around 12K dps ST on Mythic dungeon bosses right now, imagine if I had 2 BiS 350 weapons. My DPS on single-target drops a bit of course when it's mechanic heavy boss but only down to maybe 10 .5 k.
I know it means little as a sub-max lvl anecdotal example, but I did my first BfA dungeon on my warrior last night as fury and I SMOKED the dps of everyone else. At lvl 111 I was out-dpsing a lvl 117 and a lvl 118 by over 1000 dps. If its potential stays that way at 120 then even if arms out-performs it a little then fury would still be one of the best dps specs around.

My question is how do arms and fury compare on the pvp side of things? World and bg/arena?
08/28/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Alicandra
I know it means little as a sub-max lvl anecdotal example, but I did my first BfA dungeon on my warrior last night as fury and I SMOKED the dps of everyone else. At lvl 111 I was out-dpsing a lvl 117 and a lvl 118 by over 1000 dps. If its potential stays that way at 120 then even if arms out-performs it a little then fury would still be one of the best dps specs around.

My question is how do arms and fury compare on the pvp side of things? World and bg/arena?

You scale up to their level. And being closer to 110, means you're far stronger due to gear.
08/26/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Theniz
Honestly not too sure how people are playing Arms. I've tried it multiple times and its just not nearly as fun as Fury.

Execute and Bladestorm. You also have to time and space out your abilities depending on the pull. I enjoy fury’s rotation but there’s not as much variety in terms of what spells you’re using.
Fury is strong. I seldomly get out DPSd by anyone consistently. Just my experience.

I could literally say the same as Arms.
08/28/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Beehive

I could literally say, SW was carrying.
I don't find that Fury sustained AoE to be better than Arms. With seismic wave (3 ranks), even after the nerfs, I'm finding I can sustain equal or higher AoE as Arms than Fury, on top of that I get much higher bursts as well.
Currently Arms is out performing fury, however the margin for me is about 1k difference, which is about 10% difference (arms simming around 11.3k and fury simming 10.3k). If you like fury play-style more, then 100% go for that. Tuning comes can goes and at the end all that matters is what you find more enjoyable.
08/28/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Dairelys
I don't find that Fury sustained AoE to be better than Arms. With seismic wave (3 ranks), even after the nerfs

Nerfs aren't live for another 10 minutes.
08/28/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Drezwazluz
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You’re assuming they were stacking SW. Don’t think the nerf will affect most arms warriors besides those who felt the need to abuse the trait.

Funny cause he was implying that anecdotal evidence should not be what people base their opinions on, which is a point I’ve seen you support on other forum posts, but you still felt the need to be an edge lord here.
Something overlooked from a PVE perspective is Regen and general damage mitigation. The lack of it can really be an issue in mythics. As arms if the whole group drops to about 10%, you're probably going to die while the rest of the group has had enough extra hps to keep their heads above water. Better dps doesn't mean much if you're not able to keep uptime due to trying to survive.

Just something that you really feel and see in game but isn't reflected by Sims.

You’re assuming they were stacking SW. Don’t think the nerf will affect most arms warriors besides those who felt the need to abuse the trait.

Funny cause he was implying that anecdotal evidence should not be what people base their opinions on, which is a point I’ve seen you support on other forum posts, but you still felt the need to be an edge lord here.

He had 2 traits at the time. That's why I said it.

And I said, based on my experience, and the experience of those I've talked to in Skyhold (Stormforged and Val'kyr, including those who main arms) combined with personal and spec specific sims. What's edgy here?
08/28/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Drezwazluz

And I said, based on my experience, and the experience of those I've talked to in Skyhold (Stormforged and Val'kyr, including those who main arms) combined with personal and spec specific sims. What's edgy here?

Lol okay
Top 100 sim wars in the world - 3 are Fury - Fury isn't broken or doesn't have any issues, but without the gear set - you will perform less. IDK why people think there is such a disparity between the two.

Lol okay

???
08/28/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Education
Top 100 sim wars in the world - 3 are Fury - Fury isn't broken or doesn't have any issues, but without the gear set - you will perform less. IDK why people think there is such a disparity between the two.

So a 3% representation is "fine" to you? Lol?
08/29/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Beehive
08/28/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Education

So a 3% representation is "fine" to you? Lol?

It's almost like, one spec consistently sims higher, and the top 100 players tend to build specifically for the stronger spec, because it actually matters to them. VS to the rest of us, even those of us progging CE, we're so far down the ladder, it legit does not matter.

Funny, innit
One spec sims higher for top players equating to a 3% representation. In the hands of the best, arms outperforms fury. The further down the skill ladder you go, the wider that performance gap gets and fury gets even further behind. Fury needs an improvement tuning.
No. It really doesn't.
08/28/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Indrct
08/26/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Drezwazluz
The actual difference between arms and fury right now is very minimal. A few hundred dps

Stop getting your information from Patchwork sims. In real world it's a solid 2k DPS change from Arms to Fury.

Well I just consistently out dpsed an arms warrior with a better weapon... There isn't a massive gap between the two so far as I can tell.