"Blizzard is not handing enough content to me fast enough to make me happy"

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
08/26/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Bullcritt
08/26/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Deathermage
There's still so much more to do at level cap at BfA launch than there was for most of Warlords.

But not at this point in warlords. That's not a valid comparison.

And after people get their rep, do you think they should want to repeat content that they feel is unrewarding? That's going to be a big issue.

If pathfinder wasn't hanging over people's heads, how much of this would they be doing willingly?

See this is a thing. I cared for pathfinder in Legion. I don't now. I am still finishing thing but unlike Legion, I am not chasing every world quest. I am 4k honored with 7th Legion. That shows my motivation.

Pathfinder carrot has failed. Most will just do 4 daily quests for emissary and log off.

I have a feeling we will massive sub drop next month. Perhaps we are just to dumb to know when to move on. We are the one responsible for this nonsense.
08/26/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Intoker
Every single "BfA is DoA" consists of this argument. I haven't heard a single complaint that actually addresses an existent issue. So, those of you who have an observation outside of this, enlighten me...

What is so wrong with this expansion that doesn't also apply to every other expansion we have had so far?

I made a pretty big post last night detailing things I see as issues and believe others see as issues but also put in ways to better those issues or the game as a whole regarding to those issues. I agree though sometimes people say subjective things as if its a BROKEN thing about the game

edit: and the content is there its just so heavly time gated with grinds for grinds to grind some more we cant experience it makeing it feel like theres little to do
08/26/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Zuju
Button bloat hasn't been a thing since MoP when I had fire spells as a frost mage.
I want my Frost Mage to have a couple of Fire spells again, please.
I think it's more that this expansion just hasn't been that fun for me. A lot of the design changes they've made feel really..... bad? Removing so much stuff makes it too simple and not-engaging.

Things like Island Invasions are just dungeons without the fun and interesting part and almost no reward to it. Warmode is just getting ganged up on by a raid full of the other faction and insta-death/camping.

Etc.
08/26/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Sisterspite

And after people get their rep, do you think they should want to repeat content that they feel is unrewarding? That's going to be a big issue.

If pathfinder wasn't hanging over people's heads, how much of this would they be doing willingly?

See this is a thing. I cared for pathfinder in Legion. I don't now. I am still finishing thing but unlike Legion, I am not chasing every world quest. I am 4k honored with 7th Legion. That shows my motivation.

Pathfinder carrot has failed. Most will just do 4 daily quests for emissary and log off.

I have a feeling we will massive sub drop next month. Perhaps we are just to dumb to know when to move on. We are the one responsible for this nonsense.

This basically sums up my feelings on this.

We all knew to expect this. We all have dealt with this before.

Their marketing was really effective in making believe there was going to be more extended interaction with players.

Unfortunately it's the same rep/power grind as always so that the die-hards will feel the need to repeat their World Quests for the 10 millionth time.

It is the same damn game with all the same problems, nothing has changed, there is no reason to believe it will and we all need to move on and stop wasting our money.
08/26/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Dimpishly
08/26/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Zuju
Button bloat hasn't been a thing since MoP when I had fire spells as a frost mage.
I want my Frost Mage to have a couple of Fire spells again, please.

Right? Nice to have a backup when you have a school locked.
08/26/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Arecibo

It is the same damn game with all the same problems, nothing has changed, there is no reason to believe it will and we all need to move on and stop wasting our money.

That's the point I've been trying to make this whole time.

Not enough has changed, but too much has changed for a lot of these complaints.

It's not the expansion.... ya'll just don't like the game anymore.
08/26/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Sisterspite

I know for one I would be doing the story but I cant because im forced to rep grind which has never really been my favorite thing in WoW to do unless there is a mount and I have already done everything else.

you finish zuldazar and then its time to rep grind when the game tells you its time for war and you realize the story starts and stops so damn much its hard to follow have meaning and immersion.
What I’m personally sad about is Fishing. There is nothing! Only one freakin mount.
My one criticism is this.

Azerite gear replaces the Artifact system, Legendaries and Tier set bonuses.

But the traits are barely as good as trinkets. Or not even.

Replacing all of the above for like nothing? Azerite traits need to be much stronger.
08/26/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Kubarg

I know for one I would be doing the story but I cant because im forced to rep grind which has never really been my favorite thing in WoW to do unless there is a mount and I have already done everything else.

you finish zuldazar and then its time to rep grind when the game tells you its time for war and you realize the story starts and stops so damn much its hard to follow have meaning and immersion.

Finally, some good [bleep] food.

This....
I can agree with.

However much I hate rep grinds; it's an important part of progression and always has been in this game. We could go back to Mists/Cata/Wrath where rep was a day-or-two stop gap for "that shiny thing." I think it should be slightly-unpleasant amounts of work to get further in the game.
08/26/2018 11:36 AMPosted by PlayerKZVLQH
They can't have it both ways. If they're going to time gate this much launch content, then perhaps it's time we start time gating our expansion payments.

You can do that by not buying the expansion until changes you enjoy are made.
08/26/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Intoker

Well Blizzard got your money so cheers!
08/26/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Zephyrath
Azerite gear replaces the Artifact system, Legendaries and Tier set bonuses.

But you also get new Azerite pieces on the regular. It's nothing like Artifacts. Moreover, tier bonuses have always been "like trinkets."

08/26/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Aurenos
What I’m personally sad about is Fishing. There is nothing! Only one freakin mount.

All the old rewards are still worth as much on the AH. But, yeah, as a "career" angler I wish fishing was a bit better. Legion fishing was fantastic.
The biggest problem is timegating...
They introduced it so people can't complete all the content and get bored, but the problem is that we easily complete all the available content... and get bored! having to wait for the timegates to open before we can blast through that minimal content to the next timegate.

Everything should be released day 1, flying for gold at max level, raids, mythic +, all of it... just let people play at their own pace! and if the majority of the people are completing the content too fast, make the content harder or make more of it.. stop catering to the filthy casuals who have ruined the game.

Wrong. I love this game.

BFA is an insult to the thing I love.

Removal of /follow in PvP was an additional insult (had all that extra dev time to spend on that, huh? clearly I mean you got so much done with the rest of the game, it was an obvious great use of your valuable time as devs).

There's so much potential in this game being squashed by the current dev team and executives. It's disgusting and sad.

Don't tell me I don't love this game when I'm probably more attached to it than the people working on it right now.

All they can do is get in the way with their egos.

I'm willing to wait this dev team out.

Thanks to their deceptive wow token system I'm going to have no problem keeping my accounts afloat while I wait out this mess.

You guys had so much creative potential and you wasted it on a revenge piece against us.

You gave the trolls a win by fighting them.

I mean, cmon Ion, use your head.

id say that's entirely d=subjective and not fact at all. I like wow a lot and was gcd a problem in legion? was rep grind time gated content to the extent it is now aproblem in legion? did the artifact grind in legion make us feel like when we got a drop of gear from a boss we then needed to "eearn" the right to use it efectivly? did legion have no auto accept? I could also talk about how allied races are essentially the same issue of not feeling like the task is right for the reward, but the answer to all of the above is no legion and bfa may share some issues but there is no denying those issues have gotten worse.

I hate to seem like I despise this expansion I don't, but that dosent mean its a 10/10. the biggest issue in bfa is that there is tons of coontent we wanna play but th only way to experience that is by doing one certain aspect of the game, rep grind.
08/26/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Pätkane
They're trying to slow down the pace of the game and the power creep that got out of hand in Legion. Some people are not handling it very well.

i can see this. the problem is that right now the game is very unrelenting. slaming on the brakes coupled with the ilevel scaling has made the game not very fun. sure some people are loving it. some people like cutting themslves, too. that doesn't me i'm going to be grabbing razors and slicing away.

i've played a good bit this weekend hoping to find a "groove". game play isn't terrible, but it isn't fun either. yesterday i started leveling 110 alts on legion invasions. what's sad is, i'm enjoying that process better, and i'm not the only one doing it.
08/26/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Iskandi
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'll bite.

This is the first expansion that I had capped, lvled 2 professions to Max and consumed all content bar time gated rep requirements from world quests/dailys in 4 days.

I spent half my / played in the first 7 days skinning/crafting gear to scrap and milling herbs/crafting ink and STILL cleared the maps of world quests.

I have 2 340+ characters that can do islands ( incredibly boring personally) , world quests ( repetitive, boring and worse than legion) till reset.

My guild had 30- 40 odd players onat a time first week, already back to 10-15.

Never seen the hype die so fast, never been thinking about doing OLD previous expansion content 14 days after a new release.

I would be willing to bet your /played time is higher than average too. No game will sustain people that are constantly playing. If you are playing more that 2 or 3 hours a day thats the issue. And some would say even that amount is excessive.

I'm playing no more than I did in legion and that was a totally different story.

The Azurite system is also woeful.

Clearing all world quests doesn't take that long each day either.

But sure you make up some numbers about how much time I should playing, good argument.

Oh and you can add lazy / terrible design to hear to the list, I only play tanks and most of the trinkets are jokes, in fact most of them are dps trinkets...
08/26/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Intoker
08/26/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Clarvoidant
Ok since you havent been reading the forums, and your title is absolutely wrong ill tell you what we ALL have been saying.

You're literally the only person whose complaint doesn't consist of "IM BOOOOOORED"

You keep using that word "literally". It does not mean what you think it means.

08/26/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Intoker
08/26/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Clarvoidant

Well then my forum is different.
Ok trying to eat burgers.

Find me one thread on the first page that isn't about rep, or "lack of" content.

I thought you said that 100% of complaints were "I'M BOOOOOORD".