I am very angry.

General Discussion
08/26/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Lostdragon
The limit of 12 characters in a name seriously stunts my ability to be clever.

how about a name, and not a cb handle?
08/26/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Regg
Ferrouscrueller is way better.

I'm not denying that it's clever, but I'm not sure I get the joke.

Also, Regg, you seem really cool. Hmu on bnet? Mathi#11489
08/26/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Lostdragon

It's still a play on Ferris Bueller, but since Dark Irons have traditionally been villains, Crueller. Ferrous for iron, Crueller for villainy.
08/26/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Regg
08/26/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Lostdragon

It's still a play on Ferris Bueller, but since Dark Irons have traditionally been villains, Crueller. Ferrous for iron, Crueller for villainy.

I see. I get it now :D
In the meantime, considering Blizzard hasn't given us the ability to expand our actual character names in 14 freakin' years, download a role-play mod. That's what I did. Total Role Play 3 is what I use. You can customize other things to further personalize your avatar.
The limit of 12 characters in a name seriously stunts my ability to be clever. For instance:
Tanklyosaurus--13 letters.
Ferrousbeuler--13 letters.

I'm so strained for comedy that I simply cannot express my outrage. I'm left with second-tier clever, like Hexmoar or Smorcasbord. Or Tanklyosaur, which is inferior to Tanklyosaurus.

On a slightly less hyperbolic note, could yall over at Blizz HQ consider easing up on the number of characters in a name? 13 or 14 would be fine, no need to be outrageous.

If you stuck around this long, tell me what names you would have taken if they 1) weren't already or 2) weren't too long.

EDIT:: I have been informed that I misspelled Bueller. I AM NOW EVEN ANGRIER, because that's 14 letters and just proves my point even more that we need more letters in our names.
08/26/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Neveahxx
Total Role Play 3 is what I use.

Agreed, this is a great addon.
08/26/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Lostdragon
08/26/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Woodspath
If it's any consolation, these names suck anyway.

Like I'm going to take naming advice from a guy named 'woodspath'.

And excuse you, those are both fantastic names.
can I say they suck?
Try Sphyteropterieps. Wait. 16 letters. Dad-dash-begumbit!
It’s working within limitations that separate the truly clever from the run-of-the-mill clever. You can do it!
08/26/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Jörð
Try Sphyteropterieps. Wait. 16 letters. Dad-dash-begumbit!

FOILED AGAIN, BY THAT DASTARDLY CHARACTER LIMIT!
You should rage quit...just for extra effect.
08/26/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Regg
08/26/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Abcdefgeek

I assure you, the 12 character limit isn't what stunts your "ability" to be clever.

I love GD. When you don't have anything useful to say, just act like a jerk and you're good to go.

So you believe that telling the truth is being a jerk? OK, good to know. The names suck more than a two dollar ho.
The limit of 12 characters in a name seriously stunts my ability to be clever. For instance:
Tanklyosaurus--13 letters.
Ferrousbeuler--13 letters.

I'm so strained for comedy that I simply cannot express my outrage. I'm left with second-tier clever, like Hexmoar or Smorcasbord. Or Tanklyosaur, which is inferior to Tanklyosaurus.

On a slightly less hyperbolic note, could yall over at Blizz HQ consider easing up on the number of characters in a name? 13 or 14 would be fine, no need to be outrageous.

If you stuck around this long, tell me what names you would have taken if they 1) weren't already or 2) weren't too long.

EDIT:: I have been informed that I misspelled Bueller. I AM NOW EVEN ANGRIER, because that's 14 letters and just proves my point even more that we need more letters in our names.

I would like first/last names. Being able to use a space in our names would be solid.
Your post title should be like the mandatory post title for half of GD posts

just saying

it r gud title
08/26/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Naznic
I would like first/last names. Being able to use a space in our names would be solid.

I would accept this. LotRO has this option, and while in some (most?) aspects, WoW is the superior MMO, I have to hand it to their cosmetics/customization system. It's so much freer than WoW's.
08/26/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Zanderoth
So you believe that telling the truth is being a jerk?

No, I believe that being deliberately abusive is being a jerk, and that the specific examples the OP cited weren't the focus of the thread. Besides which, what does and doesn't constitute a clever name is 100% subjective and therefore not subject to being called 'truth'.

Maybe just don't be a jerk?
@Regg: <3
i was serious. add me, foo. scroll up if you have to, don't make me a sad panda
08/26/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Lostdragon
i was serious.

I figured you were, but I'm posting from my phone and won't be able to get to my PC for like.. five hours. w8, m8.
08/26/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Regg
08/26/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Zanderoth
So you believe that telling the truth is being a jerk?

No, I believe that being deliberately abusive is being a jerk, and that the specific examples the OP cited weren't the focus of the thread. Besides which, what does and doesn't constitute a clever name is 100% subjective and therefore not subject to being called 'truth'.

Maybe just don't be a jerk?

Or you can come up with your own names instead of references. I don't think he's being so bad.