Dumb question, but was any of the class hall content actually "canon"?

General Discussion
Was some other NPC the Deathlord or Highlord or Conjuror or whatever, or did these organizations never actually "come together" in the first place?
I could have sworn they said the class halls were not canon in a QnA from much earlier this year. Such a pain to try to reference old QnAs
It's canon that it happened, it's not canon that you did it.
I could see them saying its not as it kind of felt like heavy fan service.
Yes it's canon. But you were not the "leader" of it; more like a figurehead. The canon leader of your order hall is usually the person who was dishing out the orders. So for me, Alonsus Faol was the actual leader. For paladins it's Liadrin. Warlocks have an orc guy. DK's are led by Mograine, etc. It's whoever was standing on the airship with you when you used your artifact to absorb the power from Sargeras' sword in Silithus. That is the actual leader.

Each order hall had a small part to play in the defeat of the Legion.
08/13/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Phlynch
I believe that if it’s not the player, each order hall has a designated member who wields the Artifact and did all the stuff you did. It’s the same NPCs that show up with the other artifacts during the sword draining cutscene. For Druids I think it’s Rensar Greathoof.
08/13/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Reshyk
08/13/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Phlynch
I believe that if it’s not the player, each order hall has a designated member who wields the Artifact and did all the stuff you did. It’s the same NPCs that show up with the other artifacts during the sword draining cutscene. For Druids I think it’s Rensar Greathoof.

It would be cool if they said which character had which artifact. If I had to guess for mages:
Modera - Ebonchill
Sunreaver - Felomalorn
Vargoth - Aluneth (he shows up for the draining)
It was probably another NPC who was the leader of the order hall as you suggested to be canon. That is if they keep the order halls in the official story. Same reason Gallywix had to be the goblin leader. The other option was our player character to get voted in. It would be hilarious but weird to have millions of names and models for the goblin leader.

I suppose we could guess who could be the successors if our player characters didn't exist.

Warrior - Thorim
Druid - Malfurion if we pretend he didn't get captured by Xavius' shadow. Other choice I have is Rensar Greathoof.

Death Knight - Darion Mograine
Paladin - Liadrin
Monk - Chen Stormstout
Demon Hunter - Kayne and Altruis.
Shaman - Rehgar Earthfury
Priest - Alonsus Faol
Hunter - Rexxar seems best although Emmarel Shadewarden could work too
Rogue - Jorach Ravenholdt
Mage - Archmage Modera (more likely) or Kalec
Warlock - Ritssyn Flamescowl with Calydus still saving the order from their first mistake
But... I have pics. I did that stuff.
The book confirms that the priest class hall itself was at least canon. With Faol being the big one mentioned. So as everyone has said, they are canon just not with us being the leader as is usual.
Yes it is for the DK/Deathlord.
They could save a lot of issues with this stuff by not letting us be the leaders in the first place. I like being a champion of the Horde/Alliance but the last two expansions had us take up a general and class order leader mantles respectively. They need to pick a narrative for the PCs. Either we are leaders or we are not.
It was probably another NPC who was the leader of the order hall as you suggested to be canon. That is if they keep the order halls in the official story. Same reason Gallywix had to be the goblin leader. The other option was our player character to get voted in. It would be hilarious but weird to have millions of names and models for the goblin leader.

I suppose we could guess who could be the successors if our player characters didn't exist.

Warrior - Thorim
Druid - Malfurion if we pretend he didn't get captured by Xavius' shadow. Other choice I have is Rensar Greathoof.

Death Knight - Darion Mograine
Paladin - Liadrin
Monk - Chen Stormstout
Demon Hunter - Kayne and Altruis.
Shaman - Rehgar Earthfury
Priest - Alonsus Faol
Hunter - Rexxar
Rogue - Jorach Ravenholdt
Mage - Archmage Modera (more likely) or Kalec
Warlock - Ritssyn Flamescowl with Calydus still saving the order from their first mistake

Monk is not Chen Stormstout at all. Its the big Panada at the Artifact table when you zone into the temple of 5 dawns.
@ Zergen

I more of thought Chen Stormstout being temporary since he is still one of the strongest monks in the game. He may be a wanderer, but he was around to help fight the legion in the temple. After the legion is vanquished, I can definitely see him wandering off with the void having to be filled by the panda you said. Iron-Body Ponshu seems to be the name checking now.
08/13/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Velothra
They could save a lot of issues with this stuff by not letting us be the leaders in the first place. I like being a champion of the Horde/Alliance but the last two expansions had us take up a general and class order leader mantles respectively. They need to pick a narrative for the PCs. Either we are leaders or we are not.

The narrative is there are thousands of people just like you doing the same thing you are, and that thing was, at best, the function of a sergeant or lieutenant, probably in logistics. Someone tells you what needs to be done, and at best you organize a squad and send it out.

The 'commander' titles are meaningless smoke blown up the backsides of the players. The narrative would have been stronger if they didn't have the NPCs playing pretend for ego stroking.