BfA Rare Spawns

General Discussion
Do these reset Daily or is it a one-and-done type of deal?
most likely same as Legion and WoD where its only rare the first time you kill it.
08/15/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Lockedheart
most likely same as Legion and WoD where its only rare the first time you kill it.

Correct I've killed a couple and when I ran past them the next time the fancy star on my map wasn't there.
Ok, well here's my question... if you kill it once on one toon & get loot from it, should you be able to kill it on another toon and get loot from it on that toon?

I ask because I've killed a handful or rares on my hunter and got blue gear each time... then I went through the same areas & killed the same rares on my mage... and got jack squat but grey vendor trash like you'd get from any generic mob. The stars appeared on the compass for my mage just like they did for my hunter... I just didn't get anything for it.
08/16/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Baelydon
Ok, well here's my question... if you kill it once on one toon & get loot from it, should you be able to kill it on another toon and get loot from it on that toon?

I ask because I've killed a handful or rares on my hunter and got blue gear each time... then I went through the same areas & killed the same rares on my mage... and got jack squat but grey vendor trash like you'd get from any generic mob. The stars appeared on the compass for my mage just like they did for my hunter... I just didn't get anything for it.

If it's like Legion, and I can't imagine it isn't, then you should get the rare loot the first time you kill them on each subsequent character.
08/16/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Baelydon

Did you get azurite?
On a few of the rares that have given my hunter azerite, yes, I got some on my mage as well... but the rares that drop gear gave my mage nothing.

I'll go through and mark a few rares spawns and kill them on several different toons and see what happens and then go from there...
08/16/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Baelydon
On a few of the rares that have given my hunter azerite, yes, I got some on my mage as well... but the rares that drop gear gave my mage nothing.

I'll go through and mark a few rares spawns and kill them on several different toons and see what happens and then go from there...

For science!
08/16/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Pfloydicus
08/16/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Baelydon

For science!

Murder for science!
OMG I'm stupid....

What is the difference between a "hunter" and a "mage" ?

They wear different types of armor. (in other words, mage won't get what my hunter can wear & v/v... if & when it's a piece of BoP gear, & some rares only drop certain types of armor)

As I said... I'm stupid.
08/16/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Baelydon
OMG I'm stupid....

What is the difference between a "hunter" and a "mage" ?

They wear different types of armor. (in other words, mage won't get what my hunter can wear & v/v... if & when it's a piece of BoP gear, & some rares only drop certain types of armor)

As I said... I'm stupid.

I was just about to clarify for you but you got it!
08/15/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Executìve
08/15/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Lockedheart

Correct I've killed a couple and when I ran past them the next time the fancy star on my map wasn't there.
Good to know, thanks.
08/15/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Dominiqué
Do these reset Daily or is it a one-and-done type of deal?

It's like Legion. They're rare and drop the special rewards the first time you kill them, and are just there otherwise.
Im trying to get a pice off a rare on my sham and im wondering if i am able to keep killing it over and over again till, i get. the first time i killed it it droped what i needed but it needs to Titan forge for it to be good! plz help
Like to know if they drop items based on your level or if I kill one will it drop a 120 only item?
08/24/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Zenmed
Im trying to get a pice off a rare on my sham and im wondering if i am able to keep killing it over and over again till, i get. the first time i killed it it droped what i needed but it needs to Titan forge for it to be good! plz help

I'm wondering this too. I want a specific Alliance appearance that I can seemingly only get from a rare and WQs. Will it be possible for me to camp the rare, or is it a one time chance and if you don't get it you're out of luck?
can I keep killing the same rare in the same day for their drop?
I got azerite first time
10/05/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Chilidan
can I keep killing the same rare in the same day for their drop?
I got azerite first time

No, that is what they are saying.

It isn't even the same 2 weeks, in fact.

You can only kill them once, during the period your side has that area (then I guess you can kill them once when the sides switch, but Alliance got cheated out of this last time (you flag for PVP then, when it is the Horde's turn.)

Like I got the Bat mount, from a troll dude.
I got two of the pets, one from a vulture and one from a rock dude.
I actually got a 340 piece of gear this time! (The legs I have on.)
The other ones dropped azerite for me.

If I do them all again, this cycle, they will drop nothing for me. Here is how you tell:

If you see them as a "Yellow", on the map, then they are a rare you can kill for loot. If you fly over them and they are NOT a yellow dot, on the map, then you won't get anything. They will only be a Yellow Dot that one time (until the sides switch, and it is the other faction's turn.)

So it is pretty easy to port in there, fly over, telling if you have any left to get. Just remember spawns like the Kobold in the cave (on the map) in the far North East( He is way deep in there, but you can see the cave entrance on the map, so you have to fly over a ways until you see his yellow dot.)