People that claim to play vanilla

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
You didn't "play vanilla". You heard about how hard it was and how different it was back then and you thought it would be cool to throw yourself in with the cool kids. The fact is, no one that played vanilla would even touch today's wow. Ask a real old school player what they think about wow in 2018 and see if you don't get laughed out of the room.
k
08/15/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Animagi
You didn't "play vanilla". You heard about how hard it was and how different it was back then and you thought it would be cool to throw yourself in with the cool kids. The fact is, no one that played vanilla would even touch today's wow. Ask a real old school player what they think about wow in 2018 and see if you don't get laughed out of the room.

Ummm, well that may be your opinion but I certainly do not share it.

Don’t know what crawled up and died to make you so mad as to make such a wonky statement like this but to each his own.
lol 0/10
I never played Vanilla. I actually started back in TBC. But some of my guildies started playing when it was just in Beta, and they're still playing today.
I played vanilla, it was great because it was fresh and new, there was no concept of an “end game”, and we did whatever.

My personal problem with wow is how formulaic it is, it’s the same things every single expansion, rush to level cap, and do raids, rinse and repeat.
I did and I do
There was a time in my life where i just phased out of existence. ! its Kinda spooky :D
You didn't "play vanilla".

So it was all a dream!?!?

I feel betrayed!

/cry

Vanilla was both a better game and a totally different game than BFA.

That doesn't mean that BFA isn't fun, though.
I played during Vanilla. I did 40 man Molten Core and died repeatedly on the tiger boss in ZG. I farmed Living Essence from the tar elementals in Ungorro as a resto shaman to sell for gold to get my “epic mount.”

Today’s WoW is far better. It’s more fun to play. Vanilla felt closer to work.
This is like when people call me a cheater in a first-person-shooter.

Since I know I'm not cheating, it all just sounds like flattery.
Um, I played it. It was good for it’s time. Definitely would not hold up to today’s gaming standards? This becomes more evident with each successive expansion.

After visiting Boralus, Drustvar and Stormsong, the original zones are so static and bromide by comparison. I really think they need to start developing a WoW 2 so that all content is up to today’s standards - however, I know that will never happen. The world has changed and the industry has changed - I am not sure there is much incentive to develop a new MMO.
I started playing WoW the day it launched. And I play now.
I played in Classic.. from the release... I still play now.. yes things are different.. some of which I don't like but it is what it is.. in this expac tho I have enjoyed the way the story has unfolded.. things feel reasonably fresh. My biggest gripe is the way it's become with the "rush into a room pull everything.. squish it then move on to the next room..." I would like to see the days of having to CC mobs again. pull too many and go splat..
08/15/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Kiuxxa
I played in Classic.. from the release... I still play now.. yes things are different.. some of which I don't like but it is what it is.. in this expac tho I have enjoyed the way the story has unfolded.. things feel reasonably fresh. My biggest gripe is the way it's become with the "rush into a room pull everything.. squish it then move on to the next room..." I would like to see the days of having to CC mobs again. pull too many and go splat..

Omg, me too. Dungeons are not even fun anymore, because people are in such a rush to steamroll everything - and they game allows them to employ those tactics.
2/10

You seemed earnest enough. But you have to get right back in on the first page and stoke the flames to get that troll fire burning well.

And by the way, yeah I'm still here. Have a nice day.
Was going over with raid mates last night (two of us played in vanilla) to compare how many toons we realistically had at max level.

Vanilla: troll rogue (got through mc), and human priest (got through bwl)n both had epic mounts

Tbc: undead mage (some ssc content), troll rogue (pvp only). Both had slow flying

Wotlk: dwarf dk (through Ulduar). Had fast flying

Hiatus for cata

Mop: literally every class except shaman to max..... So it was either cata or mop where the game became massively alt friendly...
I still have my original Alliance guild .......i played then, i play now.
It's a game. I've had fun, i'm still having fun .
I just roll with it.
Quit telling people what you think other people think or would say.
great googly moogly....go eat a taco or something.
Proven, wrong. :D